Lego 2K Drive

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/rumour-lego-is-looking-to-take-on-mario-kart-with-lego-2k-drive

I would not be mad about Lego racing making a comeback.  I loved the og n64 one. I passed on its sequel because it look like they stripped the fun of the first one out.  I need the custom racers, licenses, vehicles,  and car parts!

Edited by purple_beard

Well, LEGO 2K Drive is officially confirmed for Switch.

https://gonintendo.com/contents/17919-lego-2k-drive-revealed-for-switch

Publisher 2K and developer Visual Concepts are working on LEGO 2K Drive, an open-world “AAA driving adventure game” for Switch. The title is set to arrive on May 19th, 2023, and there are 3 different versions in the works:

• Standard Edition ($60)
  • Awesome Edition ($100) – Includes a new vehicle, vehicle flair, in-game minifigure, and the Year 1 Drive Pass
  • Awesome Rivals Edition ($120) – Includes multiple vehicles, a vehicle flair, multiple in-game minifigures, and the Year 1 Drive Pass.

In the Year 1 Drive Pass, players will get a new biome plus four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes. This content can also be purchased separately.

Finally, those who pre-order the game can snag the “Aquadirt Racer Pack,” which features the Aquadirt Racer Street Car, Off-Road Car, and Racer Boat. Those who pick up the Awesome Edition or Awesome Rivals Edition will get this content as well.

Here’s a few more details about LEGO 2K Drive in particular:

• single and multiplayer gameplay
  • variety of different biomes, races, minigames, challenges, collectibles, things to destroy
  • includes a story
  • build any vehicle with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces
  • features cars from LEGO City, Creator, Speed Champions
  • includes a McLaren Solus GT and F1 LM
  • “robust co-op” experience
  • competitive multiplayer with up to six players
  • two-player split-screen multiplayer

I don't know why it pasted like that.

4 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Well, LEGO 2K Drive is officially confirmed for Switch.

https://gonintendo.com/contents/17919-lego-2k-drive-revealed-for-switch

I don't know why it pasted like that.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/lego-2k-drive-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Basically same article I was about to post.

I need to see more before I commit anything to the money side for that Drive Pass or those SE versions.  But from the pics, this is looking $70...and properly homaging the N64 original.

Looks pretty interesting - curious on how well it going to run on Switch 

I’m not exactly keen on the price of the Awesomer Edition at the moment - $120 is a bit pricey in the end

If it has enough content that will make it worth it, then I could be wrong on that

Granted, i’ll probably get that on sale at some point in the future digitally 

Not too high on the list atm though 

I do like that preorder bonus build…  but I’ll probably get that off Bricklink at some point

Shouldn’t be too expensive…

I saw the eShop listing for the base edition of the game and the "estimated" file size was 7.8 GB. If they did a bit of compressing it could fit on the 8GB card.

Though a plausible reason could be how the open world is likely loaded up. Just a thought.

The vehicle switching when on different terrain reminds me of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.

21 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

I saw the eShop listing for the base edition of the game and the "estimated" file size was 7.8 GB. If they did a bit of compressing it could fit on the 8GB card.

Though a plausible reason could be how the open world is likely loaded up. Just a thought.

The vehicle switching when on different terrain reminds me of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.

I was going to bring up that game as far as look goes. That game great.

As for file size...they can do it...costs...meh....  how much $ are they really saving?  All digital should be cheaper then, because you aren't paying for discs, carts, or packaging yet they aren't. 

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

As for file size...they can do it...costs...meh....  how much $ are they really saving?  All digital should be cheaper then, because you aren't paying for discs, carts, or packaging yet they aren't. 

That's true but the reason why digital games aren't cheap (not just this one) is because in order to make sure there's parity between retail video game price and digital, the price must always be the same. So the retail price will always reflect what digital price will, it's a retail business law that states it to be so.

Exception to this case is if either side of retail is having a sales, one price can stay what it usually is and other can be some percent off. The only time both retails prices go down is holiday sales like Christmas time.

And about the cheaper cost to put on digital it goes further, yes money is saves but only to the publisher and not the consumer when it comes to what you mentioned with medium media (carts and discs), packaging and the piece of the pie they pay retailers to sell inventory. I think you know this because of this the publisher don't get all the profits so with how that goes, and rising costs in development, it's no wonder video game prices gone up and the expectations of sales projection is higher than it probably needs. But you add in all those factors from what publishers pay retailers and I see why hings are out of wack.

Just because I see it and understand doesn't necessarily I agree but everyone is trying to make a profit fairly where things are just rising in the most grossing entertainment business out there. So things are gonna be like this for a while before things get better. It is also why, Playstation and Xbox are going for a digital future with their consoles and had these options. They are slowing going for this future because it is a lot better for their pockets to go digital as I mentioned, us consumers just won't see like the publisher are going about saving when putting games digitally.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...