Soooo Zelda board?

EH_STEVE

As I said, it was originally posted in the general Zelda discussion thread, which you had already been posting in. You're welcome to tell me otherwise, but I think I had good reason to believe at the time that you would've very likely seen it anyway. I separated it as a safety measure so that finding the post itself would be less unsuspecting and to allow more people to deliberately find it.

Posting. Past tense. Left because it was getting spoilery. Which I think I even said in the thread but am not going back to look for. 

Im over it and was just asking a simple question of when and then gave an example as to why. Hell I even said "before the flood" suggesting that the activity increase hasn't happened yet. 

Please just stop scapegoating and drop it. I'll be doing the same. 

It was a good idea of you to leave the thread, since purple beard just proved why.

This isn't even the first time there's been a discussion about how the way purple beard posts creates issues. He has bad posting habits that are important to discourage and be critical of.

If you're not interested in my talk about purple beard and his bad posting habits, I think it would be an all around better idea to just leave the thread. Repeating yourself isn't going to change anything.

However, please understand that purple beard is actually part of the problem as to why you feel like you have to avoid threads in the first place. Behavior like his would thrive whether there's a Zelda board or not if others choose not to acknowledge that he should make a better effort when posting sensitive information.

Then deal with it privately and professionally. You brought his post into the public, not him. I was perfectly fine avoiding his "bad posting habits" when they were confined to a single thread I quarantined myself from. 

I'm trying to be civil here and not name drop or post shame publicly. 

Funny how I've been mentioned 3 times about posting etiquette and not once has a PM been sent my way to edit something.  And If I hadn't happened upon this thread to offer my $.02 about the merit of a Zelda forum I would have never known there was an issue.

FWIW, I sent steve a PM to clear the air.

Edited by purple_beard
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Then deal with it privately and professionally. You brought his post into the public, not him. I was perfectly fine avoiding his "bad posting habits" when they were confined to a single thread I quarantined myself from. 

I'm trying to be civil here and not name drop or post shame publicly. 

I've also been trying to be civil here, but I can understand if my focusing on the individual upsets you, and I'm sorry if that's been putting you on edge and making your day worse. Let me try this again.

Kodiack himself asked you to share the thread in question. As far as I'm concerned, the post was going to be brought up here publicly regardless. I took this as an opportunity to explain, from my own perspective and understanding, how it could have possibly been an issue to you, because I had some knowledge about it that only I would have known. You indicated that you had an issue with the thread title, which I think we've long established shouldn't be treated as such anymore. I explained how the thread actually came into existence and why I felt it was better off being its own thread and not just dropped in the open in a random thread about general Zelda, and mentioned the poster specifically to invite them to this conversation, and offered my opinion that it wasn't a good idea for them to have done so.

I confess that I didn't take kindly to the fact that they came into the thread and didn't seem to fully understand how they could have done better, so my later posts have been me, fueled by annoyance, spelling out that their posts have exhibited poor etiquette and could still create issues later down the line if they didn't learn from them. What good would a Zelda board be to isolate spoilers if we have people who don't know how to better respect them, you know? That's why I felt it was relevant to discuss.

58 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Funny how I've been mentioned 3 times about posting etiquette and not once has a PM been sent my way to edit something.  And If I hadn't happened upon this thread to offer my $.02 about the merit of a Zelda forum I would have never known there was an issue.

I considered messaging you initially, but felt it urgent to take action immediately because I noticed Steve was online at the time and I worried he could've seen it before you would've done anything. It wasn't an easy situation that I found myself in when I saw your post, and it would've helped if you had shared it better. Hopefully you can better understand why anyone would take issue with it.

26 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Oh god grow up people........

Since you have the eyes to read that I focused on the individual more than necessary, you should also have the eyes to read that it's been acknowledged and we're already past it. Selectively choosing to respond only to that here at this point doesn't benefit the discussion or make you any better, so unless you have anything else to say I think it'd be better to respectfully move on from it.

More importantly, the prospect of a Zelda board doesn't seem to have any substantial merit at this point in time and it's not anticipated to change in the near future, but it's always possible if our userbase demonstrates a solid reason on why having more than one board to talk about Zelda would actually be worthwhile. As I've already explained, using a second board for the purpose of filtering out spoilers for Breath of the Wild seems fairly moot, as it's been shown that our members can always just openly discuss sensitive information anywhere without consideration for their audience. Other reasons we've heard like "it'd be nice to have" don't really cut it either unfortunately, because others can argue that it'd be nice if we used the one board already in place to discuss Zelda too.

Whether one exists or not, we still hope that our members can continue to discuss the game or the series effectively, and if we see that something would probably benefit from a change, then it should be no trouble to consider our options at the right time and place and make them accordingly with others' input.