Castlevania set to hit NetFlix this year.

purple_beard

The new show is about Richter, which is way past Trevor's time. Hyped for that at least.

Shame they skipped past Simon’s time too, but aside from being an OG game protagonist and thusly iconic, he seems to have had the least story involvement, so understandable glossing over him far as adaptations go. On the downside, it also means Captain N will remain the only media adaptation Simon will have ever gotten.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 10:53 PM, purple_beard said:

Probably digging into this tomorrow afternoon.

We're halfway through and enjoying it. I prefer the first show, just because Trevor's asshole personality was hilarious. But I'm glad they're not just copying the characters.

Marathoned Nocturne today.

One thing I'll give it credit for is that the pacing is WAY better than the first series. Pretty much every episode has something important happen, as opposed to fucking around in the basement while the vampires talk about politics.

Spoiler

Juste could've used a bit more screentime, but at least they didn't kill him off, so he can potentially show up in future seasons.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:08 PM, Tyranogre said:

Marathoned Nocturne today.

One thing I'll give it credit for is that the pacing is WAY better than the first series. Pretty much every episode has something important happen, as opposed to fucking around in the basement while the vampires talk about politics.

Hide contents

Juste could've used a bit more screentime, but at least they didn't kill him off, so he can potentially show up in future seasons.

I just finished the series. I was holding out for a Castlevania Party with a few friends who are TV show diehards (they don't know much about the games) and they can't get their shit together with scheduling.  You are like one of the first people I have seen who actually believes the 1st season doesn't have serious pacing and writing issues. I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I could care less about people's complaints.  I am a fucking diehard Castlevania fan who has played every single game in the series (and I have beaten almost every single one of them too).  It has my seal of approval and fuck the rest lol.