Castlevania set to hit NetFlix this year.

purple_beard

I don't know how this can possibly work given the recent history of the company the franchise spawned from.

Ideally, at least for me, it would be something resembling the Kevin Sorbo Hercules series just with more Gothic scenery.

But again, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Konami property these days. 

Edit: I take my Sorbo comment back considering this appears to be an animated series. My apologies. 

Edited by Sir Grim Locksmith VIII

Netflix’s description of the series says it follows “the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself.” Producer Adi Shankar also confirmed to IGN that the show is an adaptation of Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.

“This is very much Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones. (Producer and writer) Warren Ellis added so much depth to the material. [The series is] going to be R-rated as f***. … this is going to be the best f*****g video game adaptation we’ve had to date.

I like most things about this, Castlevania could be a great groundwork for a TV show and Ellis writes some excellent stuff.

I took some time to think about "the western world's first good video game adaptation," claim. Outside of "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?" I'm struggling to think of anything else that might lay claim to distinction. Am I overlooking something?

2 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

I like most things about this, Castlevania could be a great groundwork for a TV show and Ellis writes some excellent stuff.

I took some time to think about "the western world's first good video game adaptation," claim. Outside of "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?" I'm struggling to think of anything else that might lay claim to distinction. Am I overlooking something?

Earthworm Jim? lol

Also, apparently they're taking inspiration from Akira and Young Justice for tone setting.

I saw another article talking about someone involved w/ the Castlevania TV series pitched something about a darker version of the Power Ranger series and I think they did like a 12 minute thing a couple years ago revealing a darker side I think, should try to find that again. Really hope this CV series works out though I am not a huge fan of the old school titles as I was more into the series after I played SotN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...