Castlevania set to hit NetFlix this year.

purple_beard

Assuming they're going full Curse of Darkness, I'm thinking the girl holding Hector in her arms might be Rosaly.

She could be Julia, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of Isaac having a sister in this continuity. 

Alternately, since the show's version of Isaac is much more sympathetic than his game counterpart, maybe they'll give his antagonistic role to Carmilla.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished season 3.

It has a few of the same problems as season 2 in that it took a while to get to the really good stuff, but once it did, hoooooo boy!

Glad that Saint Germaine was able to be included without any of the complicated time travel stuff.

Mommy Lenore plz step on me and gib milkies.

Out of all the recurring bosses from the games, Legion was the one I was least expecting, but they handled him (them?) pretty well all things considered.

Pretty much my only complaint was that Alucard's subplot felt way too disconnected from everything else. If they wanted to give depth to one of the otherwise-unnamed vampires from season 2, then why did they wait until season 3 to introduce Sumi and Taka? As it is, those two only exist to give Alucard a brief reprieve from his loneliness, only to instantly yank it away by forcing him to kill them in self-defense.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the season, thought it was great. I quite liked the slow burn nature of the season's pacing, really built up the anticipation since you know something crazy is going to happen before the end of the season but you're never quite sure what.

On 3/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, Tyranogre said:

Just finished season 3.

Hide contents

Pretty much my only complaint was that Alucard's subplot felt way too disconnected from everything else. If they wanted to give depth to one of the otherwise-unnamed vampires from season 2, then why did they wait until season 3 to introduce Sumi and Taka? As it is, those two only exist to give Alucard a brief reprieve from his loneliness, only to instantly yank it away by forcing him to kill them in self-defense.

Spoiler

The point of Alucard's subplot seems to be souring his opinion of humanity, the same way Sypha gets a cold dose of reality in the end when they learn the Judge is just as much of a monster as the literal monsters they fight, and this lifestyle that she's joining Trevor on isn't all flying pigs raining down fiery shit from the sky. It certainly bodes ill for what they might be doing with Alucard's story in season 4. I don't think they'll actually make him an outright villain, but an immensely powerful vampire with a growing disdain for humanity is a recipe for disaster. I do think the Alucard subplot was a little too drawn out and easily the least engaging of all of the plot threads this season though.

My only beef was with Alucard and Isaac story lines.

Spoiler

Isaac and his minions ....that convo with the witch, the minion, and ___   just seemed to be leading to somewhere they never got to.  I don't consider that green headband battle to be the finality of what was being gotten into.

Alucard's story with the two Asian kids was interesting and seemed destined to have them as a trio go after someone even if I could buy that the kids got fed up with him.  It also felt like everything Alucard had planned down in that bottom level of the house never got realized.

Richter, Sypha, the priest, and the other priest's story line was very interesting.

Spoiler

While it felt it did end, the Saint Germain side story felt incomplete and also incomplete about his role in the other goings on in the town and with the vampires.  To me it felt like they alluded to more than they actually showed about what was going on.

The sister vampires

Spoiler

Camilla is a bad ass.... and a schemer like her sister said.  The plot was interesting...   but then again it felt like they didn't finish what they were starting.  The whole deal with ___ and Hector(?)... like come on bro... you knew it was a trap and you let her play you along and then you do get trapped and in her mind she somehow helped you out to some degree.  Also, these sisters have had to have been working together for a long time but it sure seems like everyone had their own way they wanted to take things... like they weren't all for one, one for all.

In short, while they wrapped up somethings, they most definitely didn't on others and again made it feel like I was being led on to the next season for resolution.

I watched Season 3 with my girlfriend earlier this month. We loved every minute of it. Though the sex scenes came out of nowhere. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if I'd known it was coming. We'd had two seasons without that kind of content, and I don't appreciate media lying to me about what it is- or intends to become. I'm still enjoying this series to an almost unhealthy degree, though, and I'm very much on board for Season 4.

I continue to wonder how far they plan to take Netflix Castlevania. So far it seems like we're halfway through Curse of Darkness. Are they gonna be done after they wrap up Trevor's story, or take this all the way through Christopher, Simon, Juste, and Richter's time? They already skipped Leon, so if the goal was to adapt the complete story of Castlevania, Trevor sounds like a strange place to start, despite him being the first Belmont to face Dracula. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, EH_STEVE said:

Back when though?! I don't see it in the apps upcoming, and only 3 seasons are available.

The above tweet calls it the final season, but in the thread there's a link to an article clarifying that the producers are interested in making another series set in the same universe. Presumably, this means that Season 4 will merely be the end of Trevor's story, and the new series will follow one of the other Belmonts.

But as for the trailer itself...

>Danesti

>Danasty

GRANT LIVES?!