Tykogi Tower - N4A Chat Thread, March 2023

Tyranogre

My health tangent, since I’m going through some crisis of mind too:

I’ve spent two years or so away from my primary doctor because I was constantly told to eat healthier and eat less junk food. And go on a diet. When THAT happened in 2020, I was downright at rock bottom. 

For the most part, it has somewhat worked. I’ve eaten less beef and eaten more chicken and turkey. I’ve gone stone cold on ketchup and most fast food, and even though I struggle here and there, I’ve eaten less chocolate. I’ve also got a new favorite cereal in… I forgot.

But that’s to say my diet has flaws. Although I love apples, I rarely eat veggies, and only eat this microwaveable potato brand stuff. Potatoes are veggies, since they grown on the ground, right? I definitely need D3 and B12. I’m a pale mfer because I don’t get enough sun. That would be fine if I currently live in a scorching wasteland, where summers are unreasonable unbearable. It’s somehow a miracle that its now like around 65 since February. I never felt it be this cold in a desert of all things! It gets cold, but never THIS cold. I only drink water mostly, but sometimes I drink tea and juice when I’m sick, and rarely drink milk. I abstain heavily from alcohol and most sodas now. Other than that, smoothies have been good for me. Until because of recent events, I would often go to Jamba Juice to get Apples and Greens. I don’t eat seafood, and because of a thing when I was a kid, I never ate salads. Maybe it was the tartness of the leaves. And don’t get me started on the whole sauce stuff. If you make stuff that will make the salads taste better, then that means people know how base salad leaves alone suck. I abstain from fast food, but I’ve had worse luck with junk food. I eat at least one pint of caramel ice cream each week. I sometimes get a can or so of pringles here and there. My brother has a junk food problem as well, as he gets huge party size backs of Lays from time to time. I also get peanut butter Crunch bars here and there. Somehow, I’m still living. 

Strange thing is, last year when I got a sore throat, the scale said I was about 195 pounds or so. I am a tall guy, so I’m okay with that. I have been trying to weigh less. But even then, my blood pressure seems strange. I know I’ve been dealing with hypertension or something, whatever. Maybe I should see my primary doctor for that. And for my hours of sleep. Although most people say 8 at least, I sometimes work with 7 at best. I’m a night owl that sometimes have “work” late at night, so excuse me for not trying to sleep right, head. I’ve recently gotten an Apple Watch to see what’s going on. I’m not sure if it deliberately lies to me at times. I thought I was on the right track trying to go with what my doctor asked me to do. But I’m not sure if what I am trying to do is helping me 100%. I’ve also went to Urgent Care at least two months apart. Sore throat and congestion, which I thought was bronchitis. My

grandfather had diabetes before he died, so I might be as unlucky as he was when I might turn 70. But, seeing as most Millennials are mostly indoor people, I might die younger. And that’s scary to think about. 

There’s a YouTuber recently that had a genuine heart attack. With a few of my friends passing away too, I feel like I should see my doctor ASAP. But, because of some insurance hassle and stuff, the earliest I’d see them would be May 1. About two months from now. Rest assured, if anything dire happens in that time, I’ll go to UC again.  

The real reason I haven’t gotten to my physician is not because of pride, but because… I’m scared to be told the same news again. That everything I tried these last few years was for naught. That everything I tried to do didn’t work. That giving up what I can’t eat any longer and eating these new foods would fix everything. I’ve been conscious of my weight and diet since my last visit. 

I’ve dabbled here and there with cooking, mostly grilling. Once a week or so it the timing is right, I would make a good meal. Last week, I tried to make a chicken quesadilla. The results weren’t perfect, but I tried.  

It doesn’t help that recently I’ve been out of a job for a month. And finding a new job has been stressful once more.   

I’ll end my talk here for now. Maybe I’ll wake up thinking of finally doing a challenge I’ve never considered until now… finally eating a salad.

It's 1AM and my brain could only partially process your post and it's already a pain in the ass to try to type this out on my phone.

BUT THIS

THIS RIGHT HERE

52 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

The real reason I haven’t gotten to my physician is not because of pride, but because… I’m scared to be told the same news again. That everything I tried these last few years was for naught. That everything I tried to do didn’t work. That giving up what I can’t eat any longer and eating these new foods would fix everything. I’ve been conscious of my weight and diet since my last visit. 

I get that.

Forgot you could use coins to pay for the NSO membership 

Figured I’d just grab a 1 month to hold me over until i can get a 12 Expansion pass month renewal

I don’t use gold coins too often… so 3.99 isn’t too much of a dent, not that i had too many to begin with 

Granted I can’t use the other apps, but should hold me over for the time being…

22 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I went to Urgent Care because of some pain in my heart. I need to see a cardiologist, but not immediately. Meanwhile, I've been force feeding myself salad by sticking a leaf with a piece of chicken. Needless to say, the tartness of leaves still suck. I'll see what happens tomorrow, but I don't think I'll try this again. 

brother this is an insane way to intake veggies

you'd have a lot more success making a chicken wrap i think 

Coreen just dropped off the large mask i was supposed to be picked up originally yesterday evening 

At least i can swap this one out and throw the broken one away

Not sure why i keep getting mediums…

Although I won’t use the medium much, might hold onto it just in case whenever the large one cones apart or gets damaged again 

Probably ould be a smart idea because at least i’d have one

Also sounds like we won’t be able to do any type of dinner get together until May sometime 

But going out for this Saturday/Sunday and get a haircut and something for lunch/Dinner at Cracker Barrel 

Going to have to look at the menu to see what i want….

______

Though, still tired this morning, at least i have a useable mask for my Cpap….

Also swapped out the filter for a new one - was needed considering how dirty the other one was….

Although it's past Mar10 Day, I went and finally beat a game off my Super Mario radar for decades. 

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA). This time, from the SNES remake thing. It's decent. Not a Top 100 candidate for me, but I understand the appeal, even if it's a Doki Doki Panic rip-off/clone/successor. It's more fun than the Lost Levels, that's for sure. I'm fine western audiences got this instead. 

Got a nice haircut at Supercuts just now

Hopefully this will last me until Winter - usually like having my hair shorter in Spring/Summer than in Fall/Winter, anyway

_____

Got a nice lunch at Cracker Barrel with my parents - pretty sure I haven’t been there before today

The Bacon Maple Chicken is really good - The Mac & Cheese portion i thought would have been bigger… especially comparing it to Longhorn Steakhouse 

Leaving half of it for lunch on Monday

The Beignets were really good, although i was originally hoping to get a basket for myself…- reminds me of state fair donuts, though

Man, some State fair donuts would be good…

Granted I’d probably only want to go to a fair for the food, honestly - dunno how many rides i’d be interested in..

Though i think I’ve heard there’s some Pokéstops down at our Fairgrounds? Haven’t checked myself though…

Saw that they had Hot Chocolate on the menu - was really tempted to get that, honestly 

Would have been good… especially on a chilly day like this - well, maybe next time i go there (unless it’s a seasonal item?)

Also saw that they had a shop out front and a lot of treats and snacks - if i had my wallet on me inside and time, i probably would’ve grabbed a small handful of them

Saw they had a nice handful of nerdy/geeky T-Shirts, too - saw a small Sonic plush on one shelf that looked nice..

Though it’s a place i‘d go to again

____

Well, I’m stressed internally 😵💫

For one, the closure of the Eshop is 20 days away and i still haven’t downloaded the remaining content for Dimensions that I don’t have for the game

And I don’t know if I’ll be able to get that stuff downloaded by then since my Dimensions portal is in one of the display cases

And on top of that, still have 8 packs/Polybags left to get… which would be easier if i had a card of my own

Technically i have content for two of the series, so technically i can hold off on buying the HP Fun pack and the polybags…

Really should have done this months/years ago…

Though i guess the other way around it is if i could get a cheap decent condition Xbox One… granted, I’m assuming the content is still available to download there? (I’d say PS4, but not really a Playstation person 

Would mean my Wii U copy and toypad would be collecting dust

Though I’d only need the game and the console specific toypad… pretty sure the NFC chips are universal abd can work with any version of the game

Though the Wii U is easily accessible, my Dimensions gamepad is in one of the display cabinets and unable to get to it…

Home is still under repairs and disorganized so.. a bit of a problem honestly 

i've been thinking about cutting out some of my SMs but i'm not really sure what to start with other than reddit, which i don't even have an account on lol

usually ppl delete their twitter first but i follow a lot of my favorite artists and creative people so i basically have no negative experiences with it at all coolkong;