Tykogi Tower - N4A Chat Thread, March 2023

Tyranogre

• Chrom pinned this topic

Came across a nice source where someone uploaded all the Archie Sonic comics including those crossover ones (ayt least i think it’s all of them?)

It’s an archive website, so seems safe enough

I know some parts and aspects of some of them aren’t exactly…. Great especially since you know who fucked things over 

But yet, I can’t help but have been curious about them for quite some time

Going to have to download those later in small batches because i doubt I’d be able to keep track if i downloaded all of them at once..

Also been meaning to look into getting the newer IDW comics digitally, but haven’t gotten around to those yet either 

On a separate subject, in hindsight it might be better to buy the Animal Crossing,Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart DLC - i mean, it’s fine and playable when i have an active account, but… when I don’t have it like now, kind of a problem 

So probably should do that sometime soon 

Though it’s stopped for now, wasn’t expecting a heavy amount of snow this evening earlier 

You’d think winter would have been over by now…

Was quite annoying really 

_____

Also thinking about it, just remembered that Amazon Kindle has most if not all the Pokemon Adventures Manga and those MLP comics alongside those Sonic IDW ones that I’ve been interested in

Been interested and been meaning to buy and read through those for awhile now…

….

Well, I’ll get around to buying those one of these days

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Though it’s stopped for now, wasn’t expecting a heavy amount of snow this evening earlier 

You’d think winter would have been over by now…

Was quite annoying really 

_____

Also thinking about it, just remembered that Amazon Kindle has most if not all the Pokemon Adventures Manga and those MLP comics alongside those Sonic IDW ones that I’ve been interested in

Been interested and been meaning to buy and read through those for awhile now…

….

Well, I’ll get around to buying those one of these days

Definitely. Soooo tired of winter.

1 AM rambling idea:

A ghost politician. Similar to a ghost writer, but for politics.

Basically, it would be this person’s job to appear on the news and in the media talking about what they plan to do once elected... except that they would never have any intention of taking office. Their employer would. All of the speeches, campaigns, etc. would be pre-written by the person who actually wants to be elected, but doesn’t believe they can for whatever reason (i.e. being a minority in a Red state). Then, if the “ghost” actually wins the election, then during their acceptance speech, they call their employer up from the audience, introduce them to the public as the REAL person they’ve been voting for all along, and promptly abdicate the office to them.

I have spent the past six days doing nothing but lying in bed, going to the bathroom, and lying in the bathtub with the shower running over me.

I've gotten about twelve hours of continuous sleep in the past week, about 8 of which was last night, when I went to bed at 7 pm and woke up at 3 am.

All of this while dealing with a stomach bug.

I have to go back to the office on Wednesday (my dudes) because that's how long my work-from-home leave was approved for after I had surgery to get an ingrown nail removed from my toe.

I'm not hungry enough to eat anything more than a banana or a slice of toast, too tired to play video games, watch anime, or fap, but every time I try to get a good night's sleep, I just end up lying there for a few minutes before waking up.

I actually want to fucking die. /s

Almost done with all the base Pokemon research tasks

Aside from the Hisuian starters, just need to get 5 more Bergmite from Ores

At least I’ll be done with those

Then i guess i could finish up the game since I haven’t been able to renew my NSO yet - should be able to do that soon-ish, though

Pretty sure it would be the first game i’d beat in 2023 since I haven’t played too much of other things… 

And then work on the research tasks for second stage and final evolutions that I haven’t completed yet… already have some of those done though

And having the Shiny Charm would be extremely helpful considering some if these Pokemon haven’t shined yet and been pretty stubborn….

I mean, i COULD do them before finishing the game, but i feel like it would be nice to have some more things to do in post game…

Was going to finish up Diamond first, but I’ve been doing some Shiny hunting in Arceus to send over for pokedex purposes and because the shiny charm is pretty much useless in Diamond aside from hatching eggs….

And until i renew my Home subscription, not much i can do right now since I can’t bring anything over, so I’m pretty much at a roadblock on finishing up that Dex and getting the National Dex

Then i could move onto the rest of Violet 

I’m way behind in Violet compared to everyone else…

Might do some Shiny hunting in Shield for Feebas - not sure by breeding or Chain Fishing though

Also still haven’t picked up the DLC for that - maybe I should do that…

Edited by Shadow118

Gone up to 68° today

Not too bad out - quite nice, aside from it being cool and windy - but it’s warmed up decently today 

Just the type of weather spring should be

Though in the 50°s tomorrow and declining to 48-45 Wednesday-next Wednesday 

Could change, but looks like there’s s chance it’s going to be colder again 

Annoying considering we should be having Spring weather by now?

11:37 PM: begin rambling

Throughout my entire life, I've had an antagonistic relationship with the concept of nutrition. If people need to eat food, they should eat foods that they like, and avoid the foods that they don't like.

Winnie the Pooh loves honey. Tigger does not. Doug Funnie HATES liver and onions, but LOVES Honker Dogs and Fries. Okay! That makes sense! Different individuals have different tastes.

So then why should people be forced to eat the foods they hate?

During summer school between 2nd and 3rd grade, we had to learn about the laws of nutrition. As we went through the course, and it went into detail about how bad candy and ice cream are for you and how great vegetables are for you, I was in shock! I hated vegetables! I loved ice cream! This is the exact opposite of how things are supposed to work! But since I'm reading about it in school, that means that it's true! Well, this sucks.

But then, sweet, little, adorable 8-year-old Tyranogre came up with an idea: If I were to change the textbook so that it said that ice cream was good for you and vegetables were bad for you, it would become true, since that's what it says while you're reading about it in school! After one busy recess with a crayon and some white-out, during the rest of summer school, whenever the teacher would read from the book where it says that your body needs vitamins and minerals to function properly, I would correct her by saying "Ah-ah-ah! If you look HERE,  it quite CLEARLY says that your body needs whipped cream and chocolate syrup instead!"

Needless to say, I had a very miserable summer that year. (On a side note, I'm only just now realizing how fucked up 8-year-old-me's line of thinking was, given certain things that may or may not be happening in the real world)

Anyway, fast forward to my senior year of High School. @Stephen 776 and I went to a special school for students on the Spectrum, and one of the requirements from Seniors was that we had to complete the "six tasks". One of those tasks was to prepare 10 meals for your entire family. My immediate first thought was "Okay! I'll just buy ten boxes of different kinds of cereal, ten gallons of milk, and that's it! Easy!" "But cereal isn't a *meal*, Ty!" says the teacher. "Yes it is! It's what I had for breakfast this morning! Ugh, fine. Okay how about this: I'll buy a huge box of Hot Pockets, and everyone will have one!" "Hot Pockets aren't a meal, either." "Yes they are! They're what I had for lunch the other day!"

Another one of those "tasks" was to create a plan for how you'd survive living on your own. What would you eat? Now, keep in mind that I know now that 17-year-old-me was an annoying little shithead in real life, and that my "plan" would never work (incidentally, it was also the year that Oldsider shut down). But one thing that I still have burned into one of my "core memories" (to use Inside-Out terminology) is hearing my dad angrily scream "IT SAID YOU WOULD EAT HOT POCKETS EVERY DAY!"

Fast-forward a couple years later. I was living in a college internship program in Berkeley that also had a lot of it's own rules. Now, let me just say, as an aside, that there were a multitude of other factors going on in my life at the time, but after some certain independent research I did after leaving that program, I can now consider it the absolute lowest point in my entire life, and that I fully believe that if I hadn't left when I did, I would not be alive today. Let's just leave it at that, for now. I can tell more stories about it if anyone's curious.

ANYWAY! Back to this college internship program in Berkeley! One of the fun events we had every week was Grill'N'Chill: a weekly potluck where everybody was required to contribute something. And by "everybody", I mean about a dozen early twenty-somethings on the Autism spectrum with vastly-different dietary needs and culinary abilities. And that was all we got to eat on those nights. Every week.

Noticing a pattern here? If not, let me point it out: being forced to prepare food for other people.

While I have nothing but respect for people who enjoy cooking as a hobby, I personally do not enjoy it. At all. I just don't see the point in putting that much effort into something that will be gone in about ten minutes. That's also the reason why all of Tiki's birthday cakes throughout the years have been store bought. (Oh, and don't worry. A "Tiki's Birthday 2023" thread *IS* coming. It just got postponed for... reasons.)

Anyway, what's the point of this post again...? Oh, right: a rant about my relationship with the concept of nutrition, cooking, and, well, food, I guess.

Food is something that we need to live. If you are hungry, go eat something. 

Ever since I've been living on my own, my diet has mainly consisted of frozen dinners and cereal, with the occasional can of Chef Boy R Dee. But by far the number one thing I consume the most of is milk! It's my favorite thing to drink! I literally go through four gallons of it a week! And you know what the best part is? I don't have to "cook"! Hell, I've lived in my current home for going-on three years now, and I have not touched my stove or oven once! Sure, I occasionally get sick because I ate something that disagreed with me, or get a kidney stone because I drank too much milk, but usually I just need to make a few temporary adjustments, and things go back to normal!

Anyway, here I am, lying in bed, tittering away at my phone, and I'm feeling a bit thirsty, so I decide to get myself a glass of milk!

Mmm, that really hit the spot!

OW! Hold on, I just felt a slight jolt in my lower-right abdomen! What gives?!

...Oh.

Huh...

1:49 AM: hit submit reply

Well, I accidentally forgot to save when i thought i had and lost all the research progress i made and i have to redo…

already quickly took care of Burmy and Snover took most of the day to recomplete

Also lost the Shiny Bibarel i caught, but not exactly a big deal since i have 1 or two others already 

Got a Shiny Misdreavus earlier, so not too bad of a trade off…

Just working on getting the last Bergmite from Ores now…

Vulpix might be a bit tricky though… and still haven’t found the last Alolan Vulpix either… might have to look at a guide, because I haven’t seen it unless I’m completely blind

Especially difficult considering how well they blend into the snowy environment…

Mask was picked up with a bunch of extra replacement items earlier today 

Except it’s a medium and not a large - I don’t know why they keep getting that wrong

Though the staff member i talked to said he’d nake sure I’d get a large tomorrow

So looks like I’ll be using this one tonight- better than trying to use a broken one, I suppose 

Not sure if I’ll need to replace most of this - tubes a bit squished so swapped that out for the newer one

The tank is still pretty new, i think so should hold onto that one for now

Should check the filter, though - that might need to be changed too

___ 

just put it on on, and man, medium sized masks are uncomfortable 

But for the time being it’s better than using a broken one that leaks

And hopefully it’s just for one night, too…

And accidentally dozed off for several hours after dinner and missed out on the Eevee spotlight hour

Damn that’s unfortunate