Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - April 20th ❗Big updates coming: 4/17-5/7

6 hours ago, Sonya said:

I finally got a Zapdos! flower; Still no luck with Lugia, though. I also hit Lv31 today, though I honestly don't care all too much about levels after having hit the 30 benchmark.

I'm in exactly the same boat, just hit 31 and still don't have a Lugia to my name! It really doesn't matter too much to me either anymore, we now have the chance to encounter pokemon at their highest level, and power them up to level 30 which is right before the point of diminishing returns, so at this point I'm just trying to complete the dex and get better mons, and maybe level up on the way haha.

33 minutes ago, fuzz said:

I'm in exactly the same boat, just hit 31 and still don't have a Lugia to my name! It really doesn't matter too much to me either anymore, we now have the chance to encounter pokemon at their highest level, and power them up to level 30 which is right before the point of diminishing returns, so at this point I'm just trying to complete the dex and get better mons, and maybe level up on the way haha.

How bad does it get past lv 30?

3 hours ago, fuzz said:

Yeah, same here. I've completely finished my Kanto dex aside from Farfetch'd and the Legendaries minus Zapdos. I never really did much battling before @Deen moved here, so I'm slowly working on getting some viable combat units as well. I got a decent Tyranitar and Machamp from raids, have a couple good Dragonite and Gyarados, and I recently hatched a perfect Abra that I'm slowly training up. Stardust is the biggest limiter, but at least I can contribute decently to raids and gyms now.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How bad does it get past lv 30?

You just need so much more EXP to get from level to level and Lv30 is the last level where you unlock new items (Max Revives) so there's not really all too much of a point pushing hard to level up past that point. It's not really "bad" just a long grind without much benefit. As such, I'm not terribly fussed about getting EXP from here on out.

7 hours ago, Sonya said:

Yeah, same here. I've completely finished my Kanto dex aside from Farfetch'd and the Legendaries minus Zapdos. I never really did much battling before @Deen moved here, so I'm slowly working on getting some viable combat units as well. I got a decent Tyranitar and Machamp from raids, have a couple good Dragonite and Gyarados, and I recently hatched a perfect Abra that I'm slowly training up. Stardust is the biggest limiter, but at least I can contribute decently to raids and gyms now.

You just need so much more EXP to get from level to level and Lv30 is the last level where you unlock new items (Max Revives) so there's not really all too much of a point pushing hard to level up past that point. It's not really "bad" just a long grind without much benefit. As such, I'm not terribly fussed about getting EXP from here on out.

Ah I see. That'll be a pain in the butt for me as I don't buy any items. I just go to Pokestops and Gyms for them along with hatching eggs. I only try to catch anything I need to fill in the dex or for powerups.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Yeah. I hated getting 25 Revives after a Raid. Like, I didn't get 25 Pokemon killed during this battle, why would I need this? Help a brother heal up instead.

Yeah, I just started putting half healed Pokemon in the raid because fuck it, I honestly couldn't afford it.

Had a heck of a time getting on today. Was only able to access one Pokestop. Found out that I could get on via my library's wifi so there's one more decent spot. Wondering if Niantic was running into server problems.

Finally got back on, did a bit of egg walking and found a Sudowoodo. Caught it and named it Pyrite.

Anyone else run into them (server problems/issues logging on)?

I'm hoping things get back to normal. Since this kind of thing isn't good for players who don't go and buy items. Not that they wouldn't run into the same issue. But it's really inconvenient. One of the stops didn't have the strongest connections, so I thought it was an issue with that at first, until I tried it at the third one I went to. The connection was just fine. So I figured it had to be an issue on Niantic's side.

Edited by Doc Brown

So tired of not being able to run into an Abra. Saw one via Pokehuntr, but it was too far away. Then found two more spawns that are too far off. It's ridiculous. Been running into the same crap lately. Ugh.

Found out the connection thing was an issue on my end. Forgot I turned on restricting mobile data. Turned it back on and things are good again.

Edited by Doc Brown
33 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Beat my first raid for a magikarp,  not the best one but hey gotta start somewhere.

Nice. That's good. :) 

I'm hoping for another one of those nearby so I can get a shot at one. They're not the most common where I'm at.