Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

6 hours ago, Cryptic said:

If you're in a rural area, you're only shot is to have a Facebook group to coordinate with.  That's how I know what raids are going on and whether we'll have enough ppl to complete it.

I can also kinda mooch off of them, because they are all way stronger than I am.

Ah oh well. I think I'm one of the last honest (meaning not resorting to cheats) people still playing. Since the Gyms switch hands so much in my area. I'm betting there are quite a few cheaters (not that all of them are). I just haven't seen people out and about playing as of late.

Found out that my local library is a Pokestop. So I got some items from them along with the Post Office. So it worked out. Still got a lot more item gathering to do though. Thankfully my town is decent in that area. I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

Just found a very strong Eevee in my house! :o  Caught it and then I transferred my weakest one and was able to evolve my newest one into a Flareon.

Edited by Doc Brown
6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah oh well. I think I'm one of the last honest (meaning not resorting to cheats) people still playing. Since the Gyms switch hands so much in my area. I'm betting there are quite a few cheaters (not that all of them are). I just haven't seen people out and about playing as of late.

Found out that my local library is a Pokestop. So I got some items from them along with the Post Office. So it worked out. Still got a lot more item gathering to do though. Thankfully my town is decent in that area. I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

Just found a very strong Eevee in my house! :o  Caught it and then I transferred my weakest one and was able to evolve my newest one into a Flareon.

Gyms in my area are pretty laid back.  I don't actively try to take them over.  Usually, I'll see one is blue, and I'll just drive by, throw some random Pokemon in it, and the gym will stay blue for 12-24 hours.  Really I wish they would flip between colors MORE because it makes it hard for me to get max monies when my Pokemon come back to me so infrequently.

1 minute ago, Cryptic said:

Gyms in my area are pretty laid back.  I don't actively try to take them over.  Usually, I'll see one is blue, and I'll just drive by, throw some random Pokemon in it, and the gym will stay blue for 12-24 hours.  Really I wish they would flip between colors MORE because it makes it hard for me to get max monies when my Pokemon come back to me so infrequently.

Cool. The ones in my area are decently active. But at least I can get some good items even from Gyms that aren't the same team as myself. I try to help my team out when I can battle wise too. Even if I'm not able to beat the Gym.

Edited by Doc Brown
4 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Whats the minimum needed to join a raid?

I was in my early teens and was able to fight in one. 

Had a good day today. Got some Pokeballs, Great Balls and some items and an egg. Found a Jynx, some Eevees, a Horsea,  the butt of an Abra :P  (I wanted to face it SO bad, but I went into my profile by mistake /facepalm), a Sneasel, a Koffing and I found a Hoothoot and a Shellder at an electrical company (how ironic is that :P).

Edited by Doc Brown
37 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I meant more on minimum of people to do a raid not levels. :P

Oh I see :P. Well I was the only one at the one I was at. So I figure one maybe. Unless it doesn't count, meaning you can't beat it without more than one person.

4 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I meant more on minimum of people to do a raid not levels. :P

It depends entirely on the boss.

For some of the bird trio, you can get by with 6 if the 6 players are high level and have good counters for that bird.  Lugia, you might be able to get by with 8.  It's much safer to aim for at least 10 though.  If you have enough, weak links (me) don't effect the overall success of the raid as much.

I don't even think 2 star raids can be done by yourself, simply because of the 5 minute time limit.  I dunno, maybe a Magikarp raid could be done solo.  I honestly haven't tried much aside from the birds.

8 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

It depends entirely on the boss.

For some of the bird trio, you can get by with 6 if the 6 players are high level and have good counters for that bird.  Lugia, you might be able to get by with 8.  It's much safer to aim for at least 10 though.  If you have enough, weak links (me) don't effect the overall success of the raid as much.

I don't even think 2 star raids can be done by yourself, simply because of the 5 minute time limit.  I dunno, maybe a Magikarp raid could be done solo.  I honestly haven't tried much aside from the birds.

I was up against Moltres by myself. But I didn't stand a chance.

Ah. Well there shoots me ever doing a raid like that. Because no one around participates in public anymore.  anhero;

As for wireless data... used around 17mbs today (just from a small bit of walking and from using Pokestops mainly) -- and my data went from 1.29gb to 1.25gb. It's insane. It's a pain in the ass to try to find wifi when everything is locked (which is understandable). And almost every Gym and Pokestop require me to use my wireless data due to lack of free hotspots. So there goes the whole thing of stick to wifi. That's great in larger cities where you have more of a chance of finding that, not so great elsewhere. The only places I've found are away from said spots. The only thing they're good for are for hatching eggs and for finding the occasional Pokemon. So there shoots a lot of the fun right there.

It's just very impractical.

Edited by Doc Brown
2 hours ago, Cryptic said:

This is completely wrong, 2 star raids are easily soloable and you can even solo most 3 star raids at the right level / with strong pokes that have STAB / SE against the raid boss in question.

4 hours ago, Deen said:

This is completely wrong, 2 star raids are easily soloable and you can even solo most 3 star raids at the right level / with strong pokes that have STAB / SE against the raid boss in question.

I've solo'd a couple 3 stars myself.

Also, there's actually videos of 2 guys taking out a Moltres just the two of them.

5 hours ago, Deen said:

If you want to recommend that Art go try to solo a 2-star raid, feel free.

Didn't turn out well for me.

I think, when you're talking soloing two-star or three-star raids, you need to consider the Pokemon you have.

I found Magmar, two stars, to be easy. And given it's weakness, most players are probably well equipped to deal with it.

I found Weezing, another two-star raid, to be a bit more of a challenge. I did take it down solo, but with less than ten seconds remaining on the clock. I'd probably have a lot less trouble now (what with a Mud Slap/Earthquake Rhydon and a strong Golem), but you got to take a look at what you have first.

I haven't tried a solo three-star raid yet. I imagine some- Machamp in particular- if you have the right team. A strong Alakazam and Espeon could probably plow right through that raid, but I haven't actually tested that.