Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

I have 1 Articuno and 1 Moltres.  Haven't attempted Zapdos yet.  I'm 0/3 (maybe 4....can't remember) on Lugia.  I just want one of each for Pokedex completion.  I'm not one of these people who need like 6 of each legendary for some reason, although on some level I do appreciate them because we have so few players in my area that they're basically required for us to have enough people to do raids.  If I don't get Zapdos or Lugia, I'll be pretty upset, because my only goal is Pokedex completion.  I give less than a shit about training my Pokemon.

Hopefully Niantic bring back legendaries relatively soon so that you (and my IRL friends) have more chances to catch them.  The only reason I've been able to get the 2 that I have is because I've gone out of my way to drive to places where raids were happening.  It's really inconvenient.  But my friends don't so much have the ability to do that, and a lot of other people don't either.  Niantic isn't very considerate of those people.

Trip to beach was helpful in boosting electric and steel numbers oddly enough.  Defended two gyms to boot.  Magnemites and electrodes abounded.  

Hell during a storm near a museum on Hatteras, encountered a magnemite rave party!  Literally 10-12 appeared at once on my screen!  Oddly none of the mareep line appeared at the lighthouses.

3 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

Easy to solo and, in addition to the Karp, you can still get some nice Raid Boss prizes, like the Golden Razz berries, Rare Candies or TMs. Not as much as the higher level raids, obviously.

Nice. Too bad I was busy at the time of the raid though. Maybe if it comes back I'll see if I can give it a try.

Got my character up to lv 13 in Pokemon Go. Caught some good Pokemon too. A couple of Swinubs, a Sudowoodo, a Nidoran male and a Hoothoot (to use as candy in order to evolve one of my others into a Noctowl). Got some more Pokeballs, items and an egg from a gym earlier too. All in all, a pretty nice day.

Edited by Doc Brown
13 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

Easy to solo and, in addition to the Karp, you can still get some nice Raid Boss prizes, like the Golden Razz berries, Rare Candies or TMs. Not as much as the higher level raids, obviously.

Best way to use a free pass if you haven't gotten your free daily one too.

Also keep in mind you can't hatch a Karp anymore, so this is one of the best ways to get a high IV one.

Dammit I'm jealous of you guys. :P  I don't get a lot of Pokemon where I'm at. Some stuff sure, but I wish there was some more variety.

Nothing like hatching an egg in Pokemon Go. Did around 15 or so laps in my yard… moved it up a couple of small kilometers. So now it’s 3.8 kms out of 5. Also found and caught a Caterpie, which I then transferred into some Caterpie candy. And saw that one of my area Gyms is having a Jolteon raid.

Wish I could switch out buddies without losing any progress, I'd love to switch to something less common.

Edited by Doc Brown

Did some walking today to hatch an egg via Walmart. Got a damn Hoppip. But that aside, found a Beedrill, a Natu, a Raticate, a Paras, a Nidoran male, an Eevee (who is now my new buddy, switched up since they're harder to come by and I need to gather up some Eevee candies), a Marill and a Poliwag. Not too shabby :P. Need to get some more Pokeballs via Gyms and Pokestops though. I'm running low.