Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

2 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

The thing disconnects from my device periodically and refuses to reconnect unless I open the app, so that's also a pain in the butt, but one thing at a time.

Are you using Android? I heard there were quite a few people having issues with connecting and keeping the device connected on Android. I have an iPhone SE running iOS 9.3.5 and have had no issues with connecting the device or keeping it connected. However, twice I noticed the device would not notice I was at a PokéStop for some reason, even when I was literally touching the PokéStop. Rebooting the app and reconnecting the GO+ fixed this.

Just now, alienboyva said:

Are you using Android? I heard there were quite a few people having issues with connecting and keeping the device connected on Android. I have an iPhone SE running iOS 9.3.5 and have had no issues with connecting the device or keeping it connected. However, twice I noticed the device would not notice I was at a PokéStop for some reason, even when I was literally touching the PokéStop. Rebooting the app and reconnecting the GO+ fixed this.

Yes I'm using Android. The device will connect and usually stays connected for about 20 minutes, but inevitably will disconnect. I've also had the problem where the app decides to freeze in the background for some reason. I, too, have had the "I don't care how long you sit there I'm not buzzing for anything" bug and the same fix worked for me. If I was in a time/place I could take out my phone I wouldn't be using the Go Plus, so it's very annoying.

A long with the new catch rate bonuses, another new feature was announced for an upcoming update... You will be able to use 6 pokémon when training a gym instead of 1.

Not sure how good of an ideas it is to make training gyms easier... I've see quite a few lvl 10 gyms in my area with high CP PKMN (near 2k - 2k+) just sitting there, cuz nobody wants to blow-threw so many resources trying to take them down. Personally, I think the whole gym system need to be reworked and I'm tired of seeing the same 5 PKMN in gyms. Though, that's a whole nother discussion itself.

Trainers,

As we continue to make improvements to Pokémon GO, we have made an enhancement to the Gym experience for Trainers of all levels. In an upcoming version of Pokémon GO, when training at a friendly Gym, Trainers will be able to bring six Pokémon to battle instead of one. In addition, the CP of the Pokémon you are training against may be temporarily adjusted lower during your training session to generally match your Pokémon’s battle capabilities.

No matter what your level, you can now have an impact on your team’s Gym. Walk with your Buddy Pokémon to that nearby landmark and show your Team Leader that you can battle with the best!

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/training_update/

Xetslh7.png?19WFvqW6.png?1

Edited by alienboyva

This makes since I guess... Not sure if it counts PKMN you've see on the gym menu screen or just PKMN you've encounter in battle, but I would assume it's just battle, since that would make more since. No change yet to the number of PKMN I've seen, so I guess it doesn't count PKMN from gyms before they added this...?

EDIT: I hope this doesn't make things confusing with PKMN on the nearby list and PKMN you've yet to catch/encounter in the wild.

Edited by alienboyva

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
  • Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
  • Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
  • Fixed several audio issues.
  • Decreased the evolution animation time.
  • Minor fixes

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-101016/

Here's a look at some of the changes in the new update (see beginning of video below). I like how the new medals look like gym badges and how the PKMN GO+ icon is less intrusive. :)

...Still no update yet on iOS. 

EDIT: WHAT?!!! Niantic was actually listening?! :o New settings for PKMN GO+ let you toggle on/off notifications for PKMN and PokéStops individually (see spoiler).

Full list of changes in this update HERE

AtWHt50.png

Edited by alienboyva

Reports of more updates to the PKMN GO+ with this latest update are coming in (see above post for new PKMN GO+ settings)...

• The Go Plus WILL NOT disconnect anymore if you chose to throw the Pokéball yourself.
  • XP is now updated ASAP and shown in the lower left corner.
  • The Plus notification are now a lot faster between Pokémon and stops. Before there was a delay of a few seconds but now the Plus switches to the second Pokemon/stop immediately.
  • Gym battling does not disconnect Go Plus.
  • You can now catch Pokémon with Plus when you're in an regular encounter with another Pokémon.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/56x9he/summary_of_all_new_changes_with_go_plus_in_update/

This is GREAT! I really hated how the device kept disconnecting when you manually catch a PKMN or battle a gym. I really like how it notifies you faster between notification, which means more items and PKMN. I also really like how you can catch PKMN with the device while manually catching a PKMN.  2 PKMN at once? AWESOME! :)

Edited by alienboyva

This update to gym training has ruined gyms in my area. Pretty much every gym in my area is lvl 10 with 200 - 300+ CP PKMN in them and they're just all sitting there, with some only going down a lvl or two, cuz nobody wants to blow through the resources to fully take them down or aren't strong enough to take them down. I know Niantic wanted to make it easier for newcomers to join in on gyms, but they really need to do something about this. Maybe, have gyms reset to 0 after a certain amount of time. It just fucking sucks that people with 200 - 300+ CP PKMN are constantly racking in the gym defender bonus while other's can't even get 1 a day, since gyms are always full. :( I can only imagine how people must feel having their strongest PKMN stuck sitting in gyms.

*Sigh* The whole gym system needs to be totally reworked.

Edited by alienboyva

Niantic has made it so if you're going over 30 mph you will no longer get PKMN spawns (see first part of the video below). I know they want to stop people from playing while driving, but they're totally screwing over passengers and people who take public transit here. I guess this is the only way to get people to stop. :( 

Edited by alienboyva

Pokémon GO is having a special Halloween event. Check out the thread HERE!

AfCAxBD.png

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.43.3 for Android and 1.13.3 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Professor Willow discovered that Eggs have different patterns depending on the distance required to hatch them.
  • Pokémon type icons have been added to the information screen for each Pokémon.
  • Low battery indicator added for the Pokémon GO Plus.
  • Minor text fixes

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-102316/

Low batt indicator for GO+? THANK YOU! I've seen so many posts were people's GO+ wasn't working properly and they didn't know if it was do to a low batt or not. 

Edited by alienboyva

Just wanted to mention this here, but with this latest update, 3D models for PKMN now have to be downloaded.  I've seen quite a few people unhappy about this and heard reports of this using 3x as much data. I really want to know why Niantic made this change? 

Of course, you can just go through all your PKMN and download the models on Wi-Fi before going out.

Data miners have found "Daily Quest' in the code of the recent update...

Link: http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-daily-quests-feature-discovered-in-the-game-metadata/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is manly for GO+, cuz after the update yesterday the device stopped working. They seem to have fixed it now with a server-side update. Also, I noticed the pink GO+ PKMN/Poké Stop indicator was showing in menus and other screens. It should only show up on the map screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

12 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Has anyone noticed lately that when you throw a ball and close in on the pokemon, that it requires you to keep phone in that direction until finished?  Less the process just stops and you have to recenter the phone's screen for it to continue?

I play with the AR off, cuz it makes catching PKMN (especially rare high CP ones) much easier. So, I haven't noticed this. The minor bug fix they're rolling out today could fix this.

Edited by alienboyva

This halloween event has been pretty good to me.  Considering I had like NONE of the Pokemon that are being made to spawn more often I pretty much managed to get them all besides a Gengar but I'll evolve one or something. Wish I had more time to put into it cause I'd like to bulk up on as many candies as possible for some of the Pokemon I've been picking up but oh well.  Wonder how regular events will be as time goes on?

Also, the downloading models thing is news to me.  So can you just do it once and you're done or does it have to download constantly as you're walking around seeing different Pokemon?  Either way this sounds really counterintuitive so I really wonder what the reasoning was for that.

Edited by Kezay