Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

I love this new gym defender bonus system. I got like 50 coins yesterday (I usually only get 10 in a day). :D 

I had a PKMN stay in a gym for 21+ hours, which is probably the longest I've held a gym. It would have stayed longer, but I was a few mins late to giving it a berry. Even if I was able to feed it a berry, I don't think I would have been able too, since that gym became a raid (I can't join raids yet. :( ).

Do PKMN get kicked out of gyms when raids start?

Edited by alienboyva

Questions...

I know there's a 10 berry limit when feeding a PKMN at gym, but is this limit for the entire time that PKMN is in a gym or will you be able to feed it again after a certain amount of time?

I know there's a 100 coins a day limit that you can earn from the gym defender bonus, but what happens when your PKMN is in a gym longer than a day? Do you get 100+ coins when it's returned? Just wondering, because you only get coins when your PKMN is returned to you.

As of this post I have a PKMN that's been in a gym for almost 2 days! This is absolutely insane, since my PKMN usually get  kicked out within a few hours (before the gym update). I'm already noticing that most gyms in my area are already staying full most of the time. I really hope it doesn't become that you have to be lucky to find a gym that has an open spot, when you come across gym your team controls. Yeah, I'm not gonna sit there and wait for a PKMN to get automatically kick out, when its about to lose all if its motivation.

Edited by alienboyva
6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I know there's a 100 coins a day limit that you can earn from the gym defender bonus, but what happens when your PKMN is in a gym longer than a day? Do you get 100+ coins when it's returned?

Seems to be a soft(?) cap of 52 coins. No idea how it really works yet for obvious reasons.

Got to join my first raid battle today. It was just me and some other guy and we took down this Quilava in less than a min (probably could have taken it my self). LOL, when I entered the lobby it said 5 people recommended, :P 

Also, while at my local mall I noticed in the info on the photo disk of the Sprint Store gym (has become a sponsored gym now). It said you can come in and get a code for free items. I tried to get one and they said their PKMN GO check-in thing was down (I think you might have to have Sprint to even get this, which i have). So, no code for me. :(  Even if I had gotten one, I don't think I'd been able to use it. I didn't see anything the the shop that allows you to redeem a code. Did they not add this to iOS yet? I know it's there on Android. 

1 hour ago, Alm said:

Seems to be a soft(?) cap of 52 coins. No idea how it really works yet for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I had a PKMN in a gym for 1d 21h and it gave me 50 coins when it was returned to me. I should have gotten only 45, so IDK. Maybe it's 50 coins max from a single gym and 100 max coins a day?

Edited by alienboyva

So, what's everyone's stats so far?

Here's mine....

I should probably be at least lvl 30 by now, but I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked last Summer, since like every day was 90+ degrees. :( I should also have caught way more PKMN, but I've been only catching the ones I want/need, since 90% of the time all I ever see in my area are common PKMN (bugs, birds, etc.) There are still gen 1 PKMN I've never seen. Lately all I've been catching daily is the first PKMN that pops up, so I can get the daily bonus and that's it.

*You can get this screen by clicking on your trainer in the raid battle lobby

Starteed just before Christmas last year, nearly halfway to level 30, 1.8m XP, 478km walked, 222 dex count, 3,854 catches, 3,693 stops spun, 163 hatches, 71 gym battles won.

Got half the gold element badges so pretty happy about that too:

Screenshot_20170627-223109.png

Also yeah the coin return bonus seems to be rather buggy all around, oh well.

Edited by Deen

Raids are amazing. My town has a decently active playerbase still, so you'll still see a decent number of people who regularly play, but raids have been actually bringing people out to talk and play together, and it's been too much fun. Yesterday was my first, I got a message in our discord saying that there was a level 4 about to hatch just a few minutes away, and we met around 12 people there to take down a Blastoise. Didn't catch that one. However, next we went to one that spawned about 30 mins later, and with 9 people we took down a Tyranitar, which I did successfully catch. And it gave me enough candy to evolve my Pupitar! Happened on another ttar raid today, but didn't get to catch it because as an Instinct player, my Premier ball bonus was so small that I only had a few.

New gym update is great as well. I've been able to get 50 coins per day as well as opposed to maybe sneaking into a gym for 10 before. I tend to knock out the gym near my house late at night (right before posting this, actually) and it'll get sent back to me sometime tomorrow morning for 50 coins right off the bat. Overall I've really been enjoying the new update, mostly for the increased social aspect.

Hard to believe it has already been a year...

1 year and we still don't have trading or PVP (Thanks cheaters). :(  Yeah, we probably would have had this by now if Niantic didn't have to waste their time shutting down tracker sites that were putting stress on their servers and stopping spoofers from ruining the game for others.