Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

On 1/12/2017 at 10:21 AM, EH_STEVE said:

You can't get them yet AFAIK (without hacking of some sort)

I just did a mass evolve two nights ago, 12 Eevees without nicknames, no Espies or Umbies.

yeah i haven't seen any since, and the gym i saw it at was taken over so i couldn't even get a screenshot

also how the fuck have i not caught a single ditto, am i doing this wrong or what

(also, why do your pokemon nicknames have numbers after them)

4 hours ago, Ret said:

yeah i haven't seen any since, and the gym i saw it at was taken over so i couldn't even get a screenshot

also how the fuck have i not caught a single ditto, am i doing this wrong or what

(also, why do your pokemon nicknames have numbers after them)

I'm at 9 Ditto right now...

That's their IV% based on the calculations done with Poke Assistant. I put the numbers after their names to keep the highest ones for when I'm ready to evolve and/or power up

Yup

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

You need to enter a few things:

-CP

-HP

-How much Stardust to Power Up

-Whether you've Powered it up before or not yet

-Then get it appraised by your Team Leader, check the boxes they mention

-Then use this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1soWIs2qehf2XLhej-gGjxcRoBm-WM30bAYY3M7Vlzes/edit#gid=0 (scroll down to Row 78) to choose the range under the "Best" drop down

Depending on how much info you can give the calculator you'll be given a range in which the IV% falls; a maximum, an average, and a minimum. The more info, the tighter this range. After calculating I use the average% and throw it on the end of my Pokemon's name.

Keep in mind this doesn't necessary pick the BEST Pokemon, as you'll still need to factor in a good moveset. But there's plenty of other tips on this site.

Also, there's an app for that calculator as well. Pretty handy.

You can also tell what range the IVs of your Pokemon will be from the first words your Team Leader says when appraising:

Valor:

“Overall, your Pokémon simply amazes me! It can accomplish anything!” – IV:  81%-100&

“ Overall, your Pokémon is a strong Pokémon. You should be proud!” – IV: 66%-80%

“Overall, your Pokémon is a decent Pokémon.” -- IV: 51% - 65%

“Overall, your Pokémon may not be great in battle, but I still like it!” -- IV: 0%-50%

Mystic:

“Overall, your Pokémon is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokémon!” – IV: 81% - 100%

“Overall, your Pokémon has caught my attention” – IV: 67% - 80%

“Overall, your Pokémon is above average” – IV: 51% - 66%

“Overall, your Pokémon is not likely to make much headway in battle” – IV: 0- 50%

Instinct:

“Overall, your Pokémon looks like it can really battle with the best of them! 81%- 100%

“Overall, your Pokémon is really strong!” – IV: 67%-80%

“Overall, your Pokémon is pretty decent!” – IV: 51%-66%

“Overall, your Pokémon has room for improvement as far as battling goes”. – IV: 0%-50%

Those are the phrases they start with, and provide a TOTAL IV range. Then they list what it's best stat(s) are and then say something else, letting you how much the stat(s) they mentioned have for IVs themselves (use the bold in the calculator):

Valor:

“I'm blown away by its stats. WOW!” - At least 1 IV at 15 (max) 

“ It's got excellent stats. How exciting!” -- At least 1 IV is between 13-14 

“Its stats indicate that in battle, it'll get the job done.” -- at least 1 IV is between 8-12

“Its stats don't point to greatness in battle.” -- at least 1 IV is between 0-7

Mystic:

“Its stats exceed my calculations. It's incredible!” - At least 1 IV at 15 (max)

“I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say.” -- At least 1 IV is between 13-14

“Its stats are noticeably trending to the positive.” -- at least 1 IV is between 8-12

“Its state are not out of the norm, in my opinion” -- at least 1 IV is between 0-7

Instinct:

“Its stats are the best I've ever seen! No doubt about it!” - At least 1 IV at 15 (max)

“Its stats are really strong! Impressive” -- At least 1 IV is between 13-14

“It's definitely got some good stats. Definitely!” -- at least 1 IV is between 8-12

“Its stats are all right, but kind of basic, as far as I can see” -- at least 1 IV is between 0-7

What I've been doing now is, if I don't get that top comment initially indicating 81% or higher, I don't bother going into the detail of using the calculator. Also, all eggs hatched, I believe, have an 80% minimum.

Edited by EH_STEVE
7 minutes ago, Ret said:

" No combinations found. Are you sure you have not powered-up before? "

i keep getting that no matter which pokemon i put in, even ones i hatched last night

i probably fucked it up

Double check for typos. Make sure you're entering in your Pokemon's name and not leaving the Gengar default ;) 

10 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Double check for typos. Make sure you're entering in your Pokemon's name and not leaving the Gengar default ;) 

did that, none of my charmanders or bulbasaurs would work

i got the stats on one of my nidoran but that's one outta like 8 that worked

couldn't get one for my ponyta either but i'm probably gonna keep it anyway, hatched it with 823 CP, only things i've hatched that have been stronger than that is my tangela and a few of my tauros

1 minute ago, Ret said:

did that, none of my charmanders or bulbasaurs would work

i got the stats on one of my nidoran but that's one outta like 8 that worked

couldn't get one for my ponyta either but i'm probably gonna keep it anyway, hatched it with 823 CP, only things i've hatched that have been stronger than that is my tangela and a few of my tauros

Give me the data:

Pokemon

CP

HP

Stardust needed to Power Up

If you've powered it up

What Stats your Leader mentions specifically

And what their final comment is

18 minutes ago, Ret said:

maybe i should just get the phone app then, the website one just would not work at all for me

but nice to know he's gonna be a good venusaur once he grows up <3 thanks!

Here's what I go plugging it in the website:

guKFZns.png

Double check what I entered in for everything, versus what you entered... Might've missed something.

Edited by EH_STEVE
40 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

@Ret how you making out with the calculator?

i actually haven't had a chance to use it since, my phone's been on the fritz so i'm trying to stay off it until my replacement phone gets here this weekend.  battery is overheating at the slightest amount of use and it's barely holding a charge so yeah.

To my knowledge, no.  I feel like most Pokemon are relatively easy to find.  Still haven't come across a Chansey or Ditto but I have a lot of the other hard-to-gets (really just missing Venusaur, I have the pre-evos of everything else I can think of except maybe Voltorb + Electrode, Geodude's line, Onix and I think one other).