Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

41 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Santachu seems over now. I caught 45 of them during event. 

Only 6 Bulbasaur candy away from having enough to fully evolve each starter to final form. 

Hatched 3rd Togepi today. Have enough candy to evolve. 

i'm actually keen on trying to get an umbreon and espeon, i forgot they were added as well

i think you have to have the eevee as your buddy for a while though and i am simply too attached to my starting charmander to do that to him so

I GUESS I WON'T BE GETTING ALL THE EEVEELUTIONS FOR A WHILE

i also caught a kingler with 1584 CP he is currently my strongest pokemon

his name is kohki because of how he sounded in the animu <3

1 hour ago, Lon'qu said:

does CP on seen/caught pokes roughly scale with level?

in a manner of speaking, yes. the higher your level, the higher the CP of pokemon you catch can be.  it also makes them harder to catch at higher levels so sometimes you weigh out whether you want the high level or you want to save your pokeballs and just catch tons of the same pokemon to level up a good one later

the CP limit does not apply to pokemon already caught, so it does require you to swap pokemon out as you go and eventually transfer pokemon you may have started with unless you keep them as trophies or something, because they won't scale with you as you level

also eggs that you hatch will have a much higher CP than most wild catches the higher your levels are, and i'm assuming that's to encourage you to both catch and hatch pokemon as you progress.  for example i hatched a 1400 CP tauros but i've only caught them in the 800-900 range.  sometimes you'll still hatch shitty CP pokemon but it's a lot less likely to happen at higher trainer levels so there's that

I hatched Scyther the other day and have enough Candy to fully evolve a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Santachu. Charmander was surprisingly a lot less common in my area during this event than the others, I only got up to 47 candies as compared to the others at roughly 135 candies each (not Santachu)

Edited by Lt. Surge
9 hours ago, Ret said:

i'm actually keen on trying to get an umbreon and espeon, i forgot they were added as well

Were they? I stopped playing when I completed the Gen I dex so I didn't stick around to hear that one.

I can only imagine how Umbreon will work in gyms. Hecka tankier than Vape. If it has Bite as its main attack it's gonna be a beast at taking down gyms.

5 hours ago, Carl321 said:

Were they? I stopped playing when I completed the Gen I dex so I didn't stick around to hear that one.

I can only imagine how Umbreon will work in gyms. Hecka tankier than Vape. If it has Bite as its main attack it's gonna be a beast at taking down gyms.

either bite or feint attack really though i'd really like to see quick attack, even if it is low damage, he's a tank and being able to multihit as a tank would be pretty impressive AND make it hard to take down if you put it in gyms iirc how they do that shit

i haven't done gym battles since like august, get all my stuff the old fashioned way y; 

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Wait I didn't know Umb and Esp were added!!!

seemingly they were, either that or someone a few miles up the road has an illegal one in a gym y;  i'll see if i can grab a snapshot of it if it's still up once the snow clears

EDIT: apparently any website info i can find on it is just restating how to evolve it in the games and just replacing friendship with CP and leaving the value at 220, so i have no idea if they're actually findable in the game without outside tools and niantic's really cracked down on that so i'd be surprised

Edited by Ret
16 minutes ago, Lt. Surge said:

I have probably 60+ evolutions including between 6-8 new evolutions, I don't know if I should wait for another 2x EXP event to happen and then use my Lucky Egg for 4x EXP or just pop it right now and get the quick 2x EXP.

If you're quick you can get 80 evolutions during one Lucky Egg

I got to experience the pain of being a rural Go player while on vacation. ._.; My parents live in the suburbs and I had no mobile data connection so I was basically unable to catch or do anything until we were at Disneyland where there were a bunch of PokéStops and Pokémon around the resort. I missed 95% of the Christmas event as a result, though I did manage to snag a couple more Santachu and 2 single-use incubators before things ended. I really can't blame non-urban players for quitting the game after seeing how bad it was first hand. Makes me feel extra grateful for having a PokéStop within reach of my home desk. :P

Had some nice luck at Disney, though! Finally got enough Rhyhorn and Growlithe to evolve those, as well as a bunch of starters, Geodude, Doduo, and Ponyta for candy purposes, and some other Pokémon that I have fully evolved versions of but see rarely (Ekans, Sandshrew, Meowth). And I also caught a Hitmonlee, when I'd never even seen one before!

So, I'm up to a dex of 114, including the 1 Cleffa which is the only Gen 2 Pokémon I've managed to hatch so far. Now that I'm back home, I'll be able to walk around and do a lot more hatching, though.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

What do I need to name my Eevee to evolve it into Espeon or Umbreon?

You can't get them yet AFAIK (without hacking of some sort)

I just did a mass evolve two nights ago, 12 Eevees without nicknames, no Espies or Umbies.