Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

12 hours ago, Carl321 said:

Looks like some more leaks floating around about a big update on Thursday the 8th. I sincerely hope it's not Gen 2 -_- they have way too much crap to fix first

Yeah, agreed! Plus I there's still quite a few PKMN I've yet to even see and with gen 2 it will make them even harder to get. :(

This leak is starting to look pretty legit, IMO. Plus at the game awards when they won best mobile game, Niantic said they had a lot more planned in the days and years ahead (could mean nothing or they could be casually hinting at a big update). Also, they've been pretty quiet on the latest update and aren't we do for are next bi-weekly update?

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/269795-rumor-pokemon-go-tying-up-with-starbucks-for-special-event-this

Of course there's a new drink tied into the promo and of course it's raspberry flavored. :P It'd make more since for them to release a hot drink given the season, but I guess a raspberry flavored hot drink wouldn't work to well...IDK? Not sure how a raspberry flavored frapp would taste (I usually prefer mocha), but I'd be down for trying it out. It'd be cool if you could get some kind of discount in stores for your progress in the game like how some local businesses did when the game launched.

Well I just hit level 30! ...now what? 

I no longer have any motivation to go out and grind Pokemon because I've hit the soft cap. There's little to no benefit of getting the 500k xp to the next level. The only Pokemon I need available in my region are Muk and Kabutops and since they don't spawn anywhere near here it translates to endless Buddy walking. I've already got a stockpile of 600 coins from gyms and I've been kicked out of all of them, and they keep changing hands, so it's not like I really have motivation to get into those again. What would I spend all those coins on? Incubators? I can't even tell if there's rare Pokemon anywhere because the tracker has been crap for months AND has the Pokestop-only issue. There's absolutely nothing left for me but to leave it on and walk. Unless somebody wants to buy me a plane ticket to Japan/Australia/Europe I'm preeeeetty much done with this game.

EDIT: So turns out that someone posted a Kabuto nest not too far from me on the Silph Road after the recent migration. After taking a trip over there Muk is the only Pokemon I need. Since I don't think it's even POSSIBLE to have a Grimer nest I'm going to say now I officially have nothing to do but walk. I'd like a Tauros but central Florida isn't part of the US apparently so I don't actually count it. I'm not driving over an hour for one Pokemon.

5 hours ago, alienboyva said:

(I usually prefer mocha)

This is the correct preference

Edited by Carl321

Natinc and Sprint are making a special PKMN GO announcement tomorrow at 8:30 AM Pacific

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/269847-niantic-and-sprint-making-special-pokemon-go-announcement-this-we

This is kind of exciting since I have Sprint. Hopefully it's some thing like how T-Mobile gave people free data for the app. I just hope it's not something stupid like Sprint users get the big gen 2 update first...Well maybe it wouldn't be that bad if Sprint users just got it a day before everyone. 

Edited by alienboyva
5 hours ago, Lt. Surge said:

So Ditto has been out for how long now and I still haven't caught a single one despite catching nearly everything that shows up near me?

I caught one, and then shortly after it popped up on my fiancee's radar and then she caught her second one. Apparently one person catching one (via % chance) makes him available to nearby players, he still appears as other Pokemon but if they catch everything around them one should be a Ditto.

Trainers,

As we race towards 2017, we wanted to take a moment and thank you for your support. We’re excited for December because we have a few new experiences and in-game events planned for you before wrapping up the year. While we cannot share all the details yet, keep an eye out on our social media channels on December 12th for details about the first addition of more Pokémon into Pokémon GO.

In addition, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Sprint to create a special Pokémon GO experience at over 10,500 Sprint locations around the United States. As part of this collaboration, Sprint, Boost Mobile and Sprint at Radioshack stores will become PokéStops and Gyms, giving you even more places to stock up on Poké Balls and Razz Berries and to battle your friends. Sprint locations will also feature in-store charging stations to keep your Pokémon GO sessions going even longer. Sprint also brings a great network and an unlimited data plan to support your search for Pokémon no matter where they are hiding.

— John Hanke and the Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/sprint/

ulRPAMJ.png

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.49.1 for Android and 1.19.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Trainers will be able to transfer multiple Pokémon at a time to Professor Willow. To use this function, press and hold on a Pokémon.
  • Pokémon type icons have been added to the Gym battle approach and Gym battle screen.
  • The total Candy count for your Buddy Pokémon has been added to the buddy information screen.
  • The total kilometers a buddy has walked has been added to the information screen of each Pokémon that has ever been your buddy.
  • Minor text fixes.

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-120616/

New stuff datamined from this new update *Possible 12/12 new info spoilers*... 

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/269934-pokemon-go-datamined-once-again-tons-of-new-features-found

Nice to see they're fixing new tracker. Hopefully the'll just give us both which we can swipe between at any time, kinda like how you can swipe between PKMN and eggs.

3 minutes ago, Lissa said:

I finally caught my first Ditto right now! I wasn't even paying attention because it looked like just a normal Rattata but then I looked over and saw a strange purple page as it was transforming back.

Welcome to the Ditto club!

If there's ever people around when you catch one, let them know as it makes him available to other nearby trainers

Trainers,

We are happy to announce that Starbucks is now an official partner of Pokémon GO.

Starbucks has a long-standing commitment to providing spaces for social interaction and real-world community building in its extensive network of locations. We appreciate their role in creating safe, welcoming locations for people from all walks of life to come together for refreshment and social engagement. Starting 11 A.M. PST on December 8th, this new partnership will transform 7,800 company-operated Starbucks stores in the United States into PokéStops and Gyms, giving Trainers even more places to play and to engage with their local Pokémon GO communities. And to cap it all off, Starbucks is creating a special-edition Pokémon GO Frappuccino® for everyone!

Whether you’re on your daily morning commute or just out exploring your neighborhood with your loved ones, make sure you collect items from the new Starbucks PokéStops or battle in the new Gyms with your favorite Pokémon!

— The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/starbucks/

8HqcNuO.png?1

Trainers,

Professor Willow has discovered Togepi and Pichu hatching from Eggs! Starting later today, Trainers will have the opportunity to hatch these and several other Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. These are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months. Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends, walk to hatch these Pokémon from Eggs, and register them to your collection this holiday season. We can’t wait to see what Pokémon you’ve hatched!

We also have another special treat for you. Starting later today through December 29, 2016, 10:00 A.M. PST, you’ll find limited edition Pikachu all over the world. These Pikachu will be wearing a festive hat to celebrate the season! Use the Pokémon GO AR camera when you encounter them in the wild to take their picture and share it with us using #HolidayPikachu.

—The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/johto-holiday/

f5XlVpO.jpg?1