Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pokémon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pokémon or visiting a PokéStop once a day. You’ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pokémon every day will earn the following bonus:

• 500 XP
  • 600 Stardust

Catching a Pokémon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

• 2,000 XP
  • 2,400 Stardust

Visiting a PokéStop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:

• 500 XP
  • A number of additional items

Visiting a PokéStop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:

• 2,000 XP
  • A greater number of additional items

If you catch a Pokémon at any time on Tuesday local time, you’ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

The Pokémon GO team

Link; http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/daily-bonus/

5UCjBTA.png?1     tHHSY62.png?1

Eevee's no longer spawn out of 10km eggs and now come out of 5km eggs. Also, Pidgey/Ratata no longer come out of ANY eggs! 2km eggs just got a whole lot more valuable.

Note: the contents of an egg are determined the moment you obtain it. You may still have Eevee/Pidgey/Ratata eggs in your inventory if you haven't cleaned them out.

Also, Niantic shuffled the spawns for Great Migration #6, but they also confirmed that spawn points that usually spawn Ratata/Pidgey/Weedle will now have more spawn diversity! I've seen a Sandshrew and Mankey appear near my neighborhood. Pretty cool!

Edited by Carl321
56 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

Eevee's no longer spawn out of 10km eggs and now come out of 5km eggs. Also, Pidgey/Ratata no longer come out of ANY eggs! 2km eggs just got a whole lot more valuable.

Note: the contents of an egg are determined the moment you obtain it. You may still have Eevee/Pidgey/Ratata eggs in your inventory if you haven't cleaned them out.

Also, Niantic shuffled the spawns for Great Migration #6, but they also confirmed that spawn points that usually spawn Ratata/Pidgey/Weedle will now have more spawn diversity! I've seen a Sandshrew and Mankey appear near my neighborhood. Pretty cool!

Damn it. I wan't my 2 10km eggs back! Yeah, I hatched to 2 10km eggs a while ago that were both Eevee. >_<

Nice that I will no longer be drowning in damn rats and birds. I have more Raticate, Pidgetotto, and Pidgeot than I actually need. :v  Maybe I can actually evolve some PKMN I hardly see, besides making them my buddy.

Look's like the new tracking feature they've been testing in SF is rolling out to more areas. Notice how they still use the world "test", so maybe they're still working to improve it? Still it does you no good if you don't have a lot of PokéStops in your area. >_>

Not only does it do jack-squat if you have NO Pokestops, but it also shows Pokemon near stops up to HALF A MILE AWAY. So not only does it show you things that will totally despawn by the time you get there, but the "nearby" section shrinks the "sightings" section down to THREE POKEMON. That means if a Pidgey appears at a Pokestop half a mile down the road then you can only know THREE randomly-selected Pokemon in your immediate vicinity.

So for all you know there could be a Snorlax 10 feet to your right but all you see are Pidgey, Ratata, Spearow on Sightings and that one Pidgey at a Pokestop half a mile away. This thing seriously needs to be reworked.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:30 AM, Carl321 said:

Not only does it do jack-squat if you have NO Pokestops, but it also shows Pokemon near stops up to HALF A MILE AWAY. So not only does it show you things that will totally despawn by the time you get there, but the "nearby" section shrinks the "sightings" section down to THREE POKEMON. That means if a Pidgey appears at a Pokestop half a mile down the road then you can only know THREE randomly-selected Pokemon in your immediate vicinity.

So for all you know there could be a Snorlax 10 feet to your right but all you see are Pidgey, Ratata, Spearow on Sightings and that one Pidgey at a Pokestop half a mile away. This thing seriously needs to be reworked.

Wow. That sounds very, very impractical.

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.45.0 for Android and 1.15.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• You’ll earn bonuses for the first Pokémon catch and PokéStop visit each day. You’ll receive a larger bonus when you do this seven days in a row.
  • When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym.
  • The amount of Prestige a rival Gym loses when you defeat a regular Gym member has increased. The amount of Prestige gained by training at a friendly Gym has been lowered.
  • Minor text fixes

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-110616/

Nice to see they're stopping gym snipping and fixing gym stagnation. :) I heard igym stagnation has gotten so bad they people started making alt accounts just so the can open a spot to put a PKMN in a gym. Also, nice to see them fixing that BS were people can raise a gym's lvl faster than you can take it down, even with a group of people.

Edit: If they really want fix gym stagnation, they should also make a daily bonus for taking down a PKMN in a gym.

Edited by alienboyva

I think that the bonus to attackers was great, but the training nerf was a bit too harsh. Now it's much easier to strip a level 10 gym and it takes 4x the resources to power it up to that level. We'll see how it goes over time because Bubblestrat has been far too OP.

Reports are coming in that along with PKMN not showing up if you're going over 25 MPH, Niantic has made it so that PokéStops don't show up as well.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5bi5s7/poke_stop_not_working/

I was ok with PKMN not showing up, but no PokéStops? FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:( This is how I get most of my PokéStops (when a passenger of course) since there's only a few within walking distance. Now I'm going to have like no balls or I'm going to have to go on item farming sessions lot more frequently.  Way to screw over passengers and people on public transit. FUCK YOU, NIANTIC! >:( 

iIFmXb.gif

Edited by alienboyva

To balance this they also made it so you get double the items at Pokestops now- that's a minimum of 6 items per spin!

edit: There is an event going on from the 7th to the 11th where Pokemon spawns are increased and you get double Pokestop items. This is NOT a permanent event so come Saturday we can go back to being angry about them making Stops harder to spin.

Edited by Carl321

Got 10 items from my first PokéStop today! :o Also, caught a Growlithe & Arcanine (both new PKMN).  I saw a Slowbro & Graveler on the list, but couldn't find them. T_T I really hope they do more events like this, especially since you can no longer get  PokéStops going over 25mph.

Spoiler

I got approximately a billion items from my first PokéStop spin of the day, and I also saw a Squirtle by my house! :D Everything else seems more or less business as usual, though we've always had a lot of spawns here (they're just generally the same six Pokémon, so it's not very exciting).

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates....

Trainers,

It has been an incredible experience since we launched Pokémon GO a few short months ago in July. We are passionate about creating experiences that encourage exploration and promote exercise. We are humbled that hundreds of millions of you around the world have joined us on this journey. So we would like to say thank you - and what better way to say thank you than to celebrate our community.

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/celebration-nov2016/

Trainers,

We have made adjustments to the CP (Combat Power) of various Pokémon. Some Pokémon, such as Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar will have their CP increased. Others will have their CP lowered. These changes will allow a more balanced and competitive battling and training experience in Gyms. We will continue to adjust the CP going forward to improve the game balance when necessary.

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/cp_update/

Data miners have found more mention of Dittio, plus shinies in the games code...

- new code for Ditto has been added 
- Ditto appears to be 'encounterable' in the wild 
- not clear whether this is enabled yet 
- Ditto appears to be able to be used in battle 
- sounds for different Ditto effects have appeared 
- background graphic for Ditto has appeared (dark purple) 
- small 'spotlight' graphic has appeared for ditto that may indicate a different appearance either on the map, or elsewhere 
- three new sponsors have been listed: SPATULA, THERMOMETER, KNIFE 
- nearby tracker will hide the SIGHTINGS radar when a minimum number of NEARBY Pokemon are detected 
- minimum number is unclear, 
- logic has also appeared that informs the client whether or not to show the NEARBY Pokemon tracker at all 
- the phrases SHINY and RARE have appeared in the APK 
- new audio file that plays when a wild Pokemon is captured that is deemed RARE 
- decent amount of new code segregating Pokemon materials into "default" and "shiny" materials 
- no new Pokemon sprites for the Pokedex/Sightings/Nearby tracke

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/268979-data-miners-pick-through-latest-pokemon-go-update-find-mention-o

Dittio is now in the game! 

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/269057-pokemon-go-ditto-now-live

Also, the new tracker has been rolled out to more areas and will now only show up when you're in range of PokéStops.

Trainers,

After reviewing your feedback, we have made some changes to the Nearby feature we were originally testing in San Francisco, California. We have changed the feature to only show the Nearby feature if a PokéStop is close to your location. In addition, we have also made changes to the way Sightings now works.

We will be expanding the ability for Trainers to test this updated version of the features and provide us with feedback. Starting today, Trainers in the following areas will now be able to use the new Nearby and Sightings functionality:

• United States of America: All states west of the Mississippi River (except Hawaii and Alaska)
  • Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the western half of Ontario.
  • Australia: All states and territories

Your feedback submitted to all of our official social media accounts and posted in other channels is important to us. We will continue to review community feedback and make changes if necessary.

Our first six months has been nothing short of exciting and your continued support has been inspiring. We have a lot of content, features, and functionality that we will be implementing over the coming months and years. Our goal is to to always improve on existing features where we can while also releasing exciting new content and functionality.

The Pokémon GO team

Link: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/nearby-nov2016/