Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Just turned it on... takes a bit, but so far it's running ok. Gonna try it out tomorrow when I go to vote. It'll be interesting to see if it syncs ok. 

Got a question, does it work ok with being a passenger in a car? Just curious. I try to spin stops in game that way when my mom is able to drive slow enough to. (This is just when I'm not able to walk to different stops. Some of them are farther apart.)

Also are we able to get gifts this way as well?

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just turned it on... takes a bit, but so far it's running ok. Gonna try it out tomorrow when I go to vote. It'll be interesting to see if it syncs ok. 

Got a question, does it work ok with being a passenger in a car? Just curious. I try to spin stops in game that way when my mom is able to drive slow enough to. (This is just when I'm not able to walk to different stops. Some of them are farther apart.)

Also are we able to get gifts this way as well?

Adventure Sync does not spin Stops. As far as I can tell it just tracks your steps/distance and rewards you once a week with a bonus based on your accomplishments.

Give this a quick lookover

https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

Edited by EH_STEVE
6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Adventure Sync does not spin Stops. As far as I can tell it just tracks your steps/distance and rewards you once a week with a bonus based on your accomplishments.

Give this a quick lookover

https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

So far it's been working ok. Been able to sync ok and it seems to count steps even when I'm cycling inside on an exercise bike (very good to hear as I don't walk a ton outside during the winter, apart from grocery shopping and what not). Via LG phone, Android 5.1..

Holy Magikarp... both of my eggs just hatched! :o One I was thinking would, it was around 6.37 km, but the other was around 5 km... so it really threw me when they both hatched. Got an Alolan Meowth and an Alolan Geodude. Put another Pokemon in. But now I can't open any gifts lol. Dang it. And onto trying to find some stuff to toss, as I'm short on space.

Noticed something odd... I wasn't even playing Pokemon Go and the twerps over at Google Play Services still managed to use over 10 mbs. Not happy right now. If I had been out using cellular data, it would have taken another chunk out of it. -_- I really find it to be annoying.

I've been trying to time this so it only hits when I'm on wifi... but it's getting to be a real pain in the butt.

Edited by Doc Brown

This message just popped up when I unlocked my phone *pic below*

I don't have background app refresh on and I haven't notice the location icon coming on showing location in use when the app isn't open. So...IDK. If I start noticing this is killing my battery, then I'll have to stop using Adventure Sync. At least with GO+ I can set location back while using the app after it's connected. 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva

Got some items and a couple of gifts today via Pokestops and a Gym. Caught some random Pokemon. Haven't seen any shiny Cubone or Ponyta yet though. Got my egg up from around 0.34 km out of 7 km to 2.5 km out of 7 km. So not too shabby.  :)  Also got a 2 km egg by accident from a Gym lol. Wanted to get one as a reward for walking (meaning a 10 km or a 5 km one)... but it's still a nice change of pace from 7 km ones.

Edited by Doc Brown

The latest update is killer.  Was at work today and at work I do a LOT of walking in a huge area and when I got on break I turn on the game and my Swablu is just kicking out candy and four eggs hatched one after the other.  So I incubated two more.  At the end of my shift and after I get home I fire it up again and two of my newly incubated eggs hatched.  With all the hours I work and my times I don't get much opportunity to play the game unless I'm out on the town with my girlfriend so this definitely helps.

Anyway, I managed to get a Shiny Ponyta during the most recent event as well as hatching a Magby from an egg.  Can't wait to evolve that Ponyta too because the flames on Rapidash's mane looks incredibly awesome.

Was able to get some good walking in today and got my egg up to around 4 km out of 7 km. Also got to participate in a 2 star raid and was able to catch Kirilia :) (so now I only have 8 more raids to go out of the fight in 10 raids research task). Then I fought against a gym 3 times for a research stamp and put in my Rhydon named Tina Turner. She lasted long enough to get 4 coins. Got some items and a couple of gifts and caught a few Pokemon. 

Finally got the 7 km egg hatched. It ended up being a Wynaut.

Edited by Doc Brown

Got a shiny Cyndaquil, and I got to participate in a Giratina raid! :P Wasn't able to catch it. Thing is damn near impossible. There's almost no opening to try to throw a ball. O_O On the up side though, my team brought their all and I'm very proud of them. Even my new Alolan Ninetails did me proud :).

Holy cow was that a nail biter! Found one last Cyndaquil and was able to evolve the shiny Quilava I have into a Typhlosion.

Atk/Def: 27/30;  Stamina: 13/15

Edited by Doc Brown