Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Rumor has it that Pokémon GO will be getting a big update in December...

- may go live in December 
- will include more than 100 new normal and Legendary Pokémon 
- adds player-versus-player battles 
- raise your Pokemon 
- Pokemon trading between players 
- a list of all Pokemon in the game after the update:

Spoiler

Bulbasaur 
Ivysaur 
Venusaur 
Charmander 
Charmeleon 
Charizard 
Squirtle 
Wartortle 
Blastoise 
Caterpie 
Metapod 
Butterfree 
Weedle 
Kakuna 
Beedrill 
Pidgey 
Pidgeotto 
Pidgeot 
Rattata 
Raticate 
Spearow 
Fearow 
Ekans 
Arbok 
Pikachu 
Raichu 
Sandshrew 
Sandslash 
Nidoran female 
Nidorina 
Nidoqueen 
Nidoran male 
Nidorino 
Nidoking 
Clefairy 
Clefable 
Vulpix 
Ninetales 
Jigglypuff 
Wigglytuff 
Zubat 
Golbat 
Oddish 
Gloom 
Vileplume 
Paras 
Parasect 
Venonat 
Venomoth 
Diglett 
Dugtrio 
Meowth 
Persian 
Psyduck 
Golduck 
Mankey 
Primeape 
Growlithe 
Arcanine 
Poliwag 
Poliwhirl 
Poliwrath 
Abra 
Kadabra 
Alakazam 
Machop 
Machoke 
Machamp 
Bellsprout 
Weepinbell 
Victreebel 
Tentacool 
Tentacruel 
Geodude 
Graveler 
Golem 
Ponyta 
Rapidash 
Slowpoke 
Slowbro 
Magnemite 
Magneton 
Farfetchd 
Doduo 
Dodrio 
Seel 
Dewgong 
Grimer 
Muk 
Shellder 
Cloyster 
Gastly 
Haunter 
Gengar 
Onix 
Drowzee 
Hypno 
Krabby 
Kingler 
Voltorb 
Electrode 
Exeggcute 
Exeggutor 
Cubone 
Marowak 
Hitmonlee 
Hitmonchan 
Lickitung 
Koffing 
Weezing 
Rhyhorn 
Rhydon 
Chansey 
Tangela 
Kangaskhan 
Horsea 
Seadra 
Goldeen 
Seaking 
Staryu 
Starmie 
Mr Mime 
Scyther 
Jynx 
Electabuzz 
Magmar 
Pinsir 
Tauros 
Magikarp 
Gyarados 
Lapras 
Ditto 
Eevee 
Vaporeon 
Jolteon 
Flareon 
Porygon 
Omanyte 
Omastar 
Kabuto 
Kabutops 
Aerodactyl 
Snorlax 
Articuno 
Zapdos 
Moltres 
Dratini 
Dragonair 
Dragonite 
Mewtwo 
Mew 
Chikorita 
Bayleef 
Meganium 
Cyndaquil 
Quilava 
Typhlosion 
Totodile 
Croconaw 
Feraligatr 
Sentret 
Furret 
Hoothoot 
Noctowl 
Ledyba 
Ledian 
Spinarak 
Ariados 
Crobat 
Chinchou 
Lanturn 
Pichu 
Cleffa 
Igglybuff 
Togepi 
Togetic 
Natu 
Xatu 
Mareep 
Flaaffy 
Ampharos 
Bellossom 
Marill 
Azumarill 
Sudowoodo 
Politoed 
Hoppip 
Skiploom 
Jumpluff 
Aipom 
Sunkern 
Sunflora 
Yanma 
Wooper 
Quagsire 
Espeon 
Umbreon 
Murkrow 
Slowking 
Misdreavus 
Unown 
Wobbuffet 
Girafarig 
Pineco 
Forretress 
Dunsparce 
Gligar 
Steelix 
Snubbull 
Granbull 
Qwilfish 
Scizor 
Shuckle 
Heracross 
Sneasel 
Teddiursa 
Ursaring 
Slugma 
Magcargo 
Swinub 
Piloswine 
Corsola 
Remoraid 
Octillery 
Delibird 
Mantine 
Skarmory 
Houndour 
Houndoom 
Kingdra 
Phanpy 
Donphan 
Porygon2 
Stantler 
Smeargle 
Tyrogue 
Hitmontop 
Smoochum 
Elekid 
Magby 
Miltank 
Blissey 
Raikou 
Entei 
Suicune 
Larvitar 
Pupitar 
Tyranitar 
Lugia 
Ho oh 
Celebi

Link: http://gonintendo.com/stories/269268-rumor-pokemon-go-getting-a-big-content-update-in-december

This could be somewhat plausible, since data miners recently found gen II PKMN in the game's code. ...Of course take this with a grain of salt. 

Edited by alienboyva

I've had my new phone and Pokemon Go for 11 days, and am up to level 20 from this. Mainly hording Pidgeys and Weedles and then Lucky Egg mass evolutions. 

Will do a Lucky Egg on Wednesday morning as I'll hit my 7 day streak for catching and stops on way to work, so I'll get those and about 16 evolutions (3 yielding new dex registries) on my commute to work,

The new tracker has rolled out to the rest of the U.S. and large parts of EUR...

Link: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/nearby-nov2016-2/

I thought it was supposed to show sightings as well as the new tracker...? These 2 PokéStops are like a 5 min walk from my house. I guess I will no longer be able to know what PKMN are in my neighborhood. :(  

Spoiler

Well...at least PKMN not near PokéStops still show on the mini list.  

Spoiler

Ohhey, thanks for the head's up! I just checked my tracker now and it looks like it's been rolled out here, too.

I'm... not really sure how it works, though? I guess the PokéStop image that is shown is the PokéStop that it's closest to or something? Some of these I don't even recognize.

So, uh, I've looked into the new tracker, and it seems... really weird? Apparently it only shows Pokémon near Pokéstops, so if there's a Pokémon nearby (even if it's closer to you than some of the Pokéstops shown on the tracker), it won't show up on your tracker.

So, it's good for learning which Pokémon are near Pokéstops in the area, but it no longer accurately shows which Pokémon are nearest you, only the ones that are right by Pokéstops.

:|

[source]

Edited by Lissa

Yeah, I've heard quite a few people complaining about how the new tracker only shows PKMN at PokéStops (some only showing 1 or 2 stops) which can be up to 1km (or more?) away. Niantic asked for feedback in that recent update post on their update blog, so hopefully the'll listen and fix this. All they have to do is just also add sightings like when the tracker was being beta tested in SF, cuz when your're not in range of PokéStops, it just shows sightings like before. It would also be a good idea if they just made sightings its own page in the tracker that you could swipe to.

If you're unhappy about this, let your voice be heard on their social media pages.

Spoiler

actualizacion3.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here... If your're wondering, this is the same guy who sung the original theme for the anime.

Edited by alienboyva

I only have two Pokemon left before completing regional dex: Muk and Kabutops. Neither or them spawn anywhere near me, nor do their prevos, so I'm stuck buddying them. Gonna take quite some time.

That said, I'm 30k exp from hitting level 30, the soft cap. I have absolutely no reason to continue playing this game other than grinding distance on those buddies. As it stands if I'd gotten those two already I'd have quit this game ages ago. This tracker has little consequence on me, but I despise it. We beg them to return tracking and they continuously nerf it until it essentially no longer exists. I can only see Pidgeys at a Pokestop on the very edge of my map. This is awful. So glad I still have Pokemesh downloaded despite the annoying ads.

I sincerely hope they don't plan to release Gen II in December like rumors say. They need to take a LONG time to sift through all of the crap from Gen I they still need to fix.

@Carl321 Congratz on only needing 2 PKMN (besides legendaries & region exclusives) to complete the dex. :) 

This new tracker is THE STUPIDEST thing they've done to the game! After months beta testing it you'd think they would have improved it before fully launching it (they knew we hated it back then), but no. I've seen quite a few comments from parents telling their young kids they can no longer go on PKMN hunts together since they ruined the tracker. That's heartbreaking. :( I really hope Niantic is listening to all the feedback about the new tracker and will fix it.

It really sux being told there's common PKMN at PokéStops at least a 30 min walk away...and by the time I get there they will have deswapned anyway. There could be a rare PKMN not too far from me and I'd never know. >:( 

Spoiler

Yes, both of these PokéStops are at least a 30 min walk away from my location. >_> WHAT THAT FRIGGIN ASS?!!!!

Now to be fair, if this was the tracker the game launched with nobody would be complaining. They gave us a tracker that worked perfectly and took it away. :( 

Edited by alienboyva