Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Good news:  Just saw a Chansey spawn (my first one!); Bad news:  It's too far away to get to on foot. Dammit. I hate when Niantic does that.

Also saw a Tangela, a Diglett and a Clefairy. All at places out of reach. lshifty;

On a plus note, got around 5 gifts today and some items and caught some other Pokemon. Saw some Gastly spawns too around 5pm or so.

Edited by Doc Brown

Had an interesting trip out today. Ran into numerous error 11's while driving slower (I'm a passenger). Guy constantly stopped and started. Caught the last normal type Pokemon I needed, a Meowth. Got to Walmart, found a whole lot of Pokemon, caught some Magikarp, a pain in the rear Gastly (used over 20 Pokeballs on it... it's the new champion of being a hassle to catch, a Golbat was the old champion), a Dratini, a Charmander and a Sandshrew.

Edited by Doc Brown

Went up to a Pokestop today, got a nice handful of gifts and caught some Pokemon, including a very nice Rhyhorn. Was hunting for anything else, but nothing I didn't have showed up. I saw that Vulpix was there. Yet apart from seeing it in a picture, I didn't see it spawned. Everything else was there. (Not softbanned either, so I think it's a bug.)

Anyone else running into problems trying to load Niantic's site? I had to hard shut down my laptop when Google Chrome froze due to it. Only had one other tab open at the time.

Okkkay, just tried again and it loaded ok. Weird.

Edited by Doc Brown

Haven't been able to get any event eggs as I'm unable to hatch the ones I have. All due to Niantic's walking bug. :( 

This originally helped:

Try out m12lrpv's suggestion.

'I managed to solve it. Apparently the google maps app has all the data for the high accuracy mode. I updated it and the GPS started workin in high accuracy mode again. Prior to that it would revert to device only on reboot but after the update is happy to boot into high accuracy mode.'

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9fkvqz/permanent_gps_signal_not_found_error/e6411b7/?context=1

Whatever you guys do after it, do not force stop Pokemon Go. I did so by mistake last night and my guy is unable to walk again.

So upset at Niantic right now. angrykong;

It looks like restoring Google Maps to factory and then redownloading the data has worked so far.

Finally got a Diglett today! Also finished up the Ditto research task! :P And guess what guys? Came across a Lapras in the wild and caught it. It's not the best, but it's really cool regardless. Also caught some other Pokemon and got some items and gifts.

Edited by Doc Brown

Congrats!

Just hatched an Alolan Meowth.

And named my Ditto, IsItMeURLkn4 (as in Lionel Richie's song 'Hello' and the lyrics, 'Hello, is it me you're looking for' -- got that feeling when I caught this Ditto for some reason lol).

And a Magikarp just spawned in my backyard! :)  So now I have 391 Magikarp candies (used the new guy as Karp fodder).

Edited by Doc Brown

Got 5 teams set up for Mewtwo...

Spoiler

1 Tyranitar, Scyther, Pinsir, Haunter, Snorlax, Murkrow 

2 Wigglytuff, Persian (Alolan), Tyranitar, Snorlax, Ursaring, Blastoise

3 Snorlax, Ursaring, Exeggutor (Alolan), Kadabra, Pinsir, Lapras

4 Tyranitar, Snorlax, Houndoom, Houndoom, Haunter, Haunter

5 Tyranitar, Snorlax, Snorlax, Haunter, Haunter, Haunter

Their movesets are pretty good. Mainly doing this for the shits and giggles as I don't have a chance in Arceus in beating it. :P 

15 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Though i believe it had been accidentally leaked, but it’s been fully confirmed that Deoxys has been confirmed to be added to EX raids soon

nice to see something new in Ex Raids... Granted it’s just it’s Normal Forme, but that’s something at least

https://pokemongolive.com/post/exraid-deoxys

I'm thinking since they SPECIFIED Normal Forme, and not that it can change, that they might cycle through the different ones.

Also, note that EX Passes are now SHAREABLE. You can bring a +1 with you provided you're Ultra Friends or more.