Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

Is there a reason why four of them are nicknamed 2?

Yes, organization to keep them seperate from normal eevees.  I used 1 to seperate ones I got at the beach for people that might have wanted to do high mileage trades.  I would change names but they were mostly useless to bother with.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🔍Celebi (Spec Rsrch) - 8/20 + 🌎Comm. Day - 9/22
On 8/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, alienboyva said:

Hopefuly there's no tasks along the lines of "Evolve a Magikarp" in the Celebi spec. research. Though I assume there will. 

This. Yea. Or hopefully no tasks like Catch a Ditto.

I lucked out during this month's community day. Got 3 shiny Eevees, evolved one into a Vaporeon and the other evolved into a Jolteon. Making the third one into a shiny Umbreon. Also participated in an Alolan Exeggutor raid and finally beat it! Took it down with my team and my Articuno got revenge :P.

5 minutes ago, Gold said:

Fuck me I'm never getting Celebi. 20 km with the game on is something that will never happen. As is two items because all I get is upgrades but no Porygon.

There are a lot of Johto Festival Research Tasks that give you Dragon Scales/Metal Coats/Sun Stones, etc

Plus like every Special Quest gives one out for clearing it.

1 hour ago, Gold said:

Fuck me I'm never getting Celebi. 20 km with the game on is something that will never happen. As is two items because all I get is upgrades but no Porygon.

I have 2 Porygon and no items. So I can relate on that. All I get are items mostly. Very few if any evo items. I have no Sun stone, so I'm screwed on that one. 

The only thing right now I see as being a problem for me is "Trade a Pokémon". Yeah, I'm solo player and when I hit up PokéStops/Gyms there's usually nobody around (even on Comm. Days...I guess I haven't found the hotspot for Comm. Day). :(  Thought, that's not to say the game isn't active in my area, as gyms are reliquary beaning over turned. Too bad you can't trade with people online, because I'm going to have to go out of my way to find someone to trade with.  I can see it now...Me standing in crowd of people shouting "Trade PKMN?" and everyone looking at me like a a weirdo. :v  Now that I think of it, my local mall might be the best place to get a trade, since there are gyms by the sitting areas.

...But yeah this task is a real roadblock for solo player's like me, which I know there are quite a bi oft. I can't even imagine how hard some of these takes (Ex: 7-day PokéStop, Trade, etc.) must be for rural players. :(  Niantic just assumes everyone lives in a big city and plays with a big group of people.