Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

On 6/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, chickadee said:

im out....of pokeballs.........................................................

but on the bright side of things, the last thing i caught was a wooper 

guess my journey is over

On 6/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, Doc Brown said:

Do you have any Poke Stops in your area, along with Gyms? If so, you can gather more Pokeballs from them. I do that myself, haven't bought any with real money so far.

https://www.pokemongomap.info/

Recently came across this from a Youtube video - pretty much a map showing Gyms and Stops

Seems pretty useful for finding the largest clusters of them in an area, anyway

On 6/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, EH_STEVE said:

I had two within like an hour of each other. One I actually got unknowingly with my Plus.

Cool. Nice finds!

Had a nice day today.  My 10km egg finally hatched and I got a Bagon. Evolved it into a Shelgon. Also found quite a few Magikarps.  Got some items and a 2km egg. Very hyped for tomorrow's Community day.

Caught a Slowbro and a Poliwhirl recently. Finally got a Feebas as well.

Edited by Doc Brown

Had a pretty nice Larvitar Community Day. It went over pretty well. Got quite a bit of candies, around 60 of them, a good handful of Larvitar I'm keeping. Also ran into some Squirtles and Magikarp. No shinies, but I'm not complaining. At least the server seems to be running closer to normal now.

22 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Got a shiny Larvitar and my Tyranitar (my first one) with Smack Down. Also, this happened (The Big Three O)...

I'm jealous of you! I ran into well over 20 Larvitar and none of them were shiny. Did get to evolve one of the really good Larvitars though, so I appreciate that.

Finally had a chance to upload pics from the game again! :) 

Spoiler

7ppT5WC.png

I really love the look on this Mantine's face! It's too cute. :P 

ygn40qy.png

OMiFNBf.png

I love the look on this Wailmer's face! Too funny XD.

ulYnIlg.png

I love this pose from Ursaring! So menacing!

UGsgLHi.png

This is one of my favorite pics! I love the look on Wingull's face here.

BHcJlxh.png

Saw this Pidgeot at a Walmart! XD

Dkjp3ao.png

Same with this Abra. Love its pose!

wTbmhhr.png

Doc, you gotta get those Pokemon with the AR camera. It doesn't count unless you waste ten minutes waiting for them to make the perfect pose.

IMG_2016-11-15-10464929.thumb.png.ab60d32d37cea33be9d41757e2fb6851.png

Spent three hours catching nonstop with two friends, and we each only got two shinies. Though I also finally got a shiny Magikarp--two in a row, though mind you they both suck. We rallied a bunch of wanderers for a Kyogre raid where I ran into the founder of our local group, who hadn't been around since last summer, so that was cool. My legs hurt. I hate leg day.

18 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Doc, you gotta get those Pokemon with the AR camera. It doesn't count unless you waste ten minutes waiting for them to make the perfect pose.

IMG_2016-11-15-10464929.thumb.png.ab60d32d37cea33be9d41757e2fb6851.png

Spent three hours catching nonstop with two friends, and we each only got two shinies. Though I also finally got a shiny Magikarp--two in a row, though mind you they both suck. We rallied a bunch of wanderers for a Kyogre raid where I ran into the founder of our local group, who hadn't been around since last summer, so that was cool. My legs hurt. I hate leg day.

I would, but those cost money and money doesn't grow on trees! :P  Planning on doing so though some day. Basically keeping that in mind along with the phone having a good battery, enough ram and enough general memory.  (Pretty much have everything set up to move if/when I need to -- finally was able to merge my Fire Emblem Heroes account with my My Nintendo one. So it's good to go along with my Pokemon Go one.)

Speaking of poses, a lot of the ones I took, I waited for. So to even get just that is better than nothing for now. It's good practice.

Saw a couple of pretty funny ones recently... a Geodude in the middle of a road. Would have loved to have gotten an AR pic of that one lol. And an Abra waiting at a bus stop :P.

Nice Pikachu pic! :) 

Sweet. That's better than none. Nice. 

Edited by Doc Brown
On 6/16/2018 at 3:09 PM, Doc Brown said:

Had a pretty nice Larvitar Community Day. It went over pretty well. Got quite a bit of candies, around 60 of them, a good handful of Larvitar I'm keeping. Also ran into some Squirtles and Magikarp. No shinies, but I'm not complaining. At least the server seems to be running closer to normal now.

I got a shiny Larvitar, sadly I didn't realize the event was only 3 hours other wise I would have tried harder. I got to evolve it one level and now I only have 6 candies :( It will take forever as a buddy to get enough candies.

5 minutes ago, Shulk said:

I got a shiny Larvitar, sadly I didn't realize the event was only 3 hours other wise I would have tried harder. I got to evolve it one level and now I only have 6 candies :( It will take forever as a buddy to get enough candies.

Ah. At least you have a shiny buddy! Don't give up with gathering candies. I'm working with Magikarp and have gotten him up to around 250 candies so far (a lot from the water event -- so if they have another rock one, try walking more so with your Pokemon, it'll gain more candies faster -- same goes with buddies in general; with the water one, there was a lot of Magikarp... only spotted one Larvitar during the rock one oddly enough).