Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

"You can get 5 a day. They CAN be shiny."

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

By the way, new guy here as well. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, feeding my Pomeranian with some treats and watching TV with my wife. And when we're not indoors, we would play catch in our backyard with our dog (though we'd fit him with a wifi shock collar, just so he wouldn't stray far from our yard. Our neighbor had a weak wooden partition, and we once had an argument when the poor fella ended up on his lawn). Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers!

Edited by JimTheborg
9 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

You can get 5 a day. They CAN be shiny.

Only 5 a day? If so...Then I think I've reached my limit (No Ash or shiny :( ). BTW, how long does this go on for? Only today?

-------------------------------------------------------------

infographic:

Edited by alienboyva

https://pokemongolive.com/post/pokemongosummer2019

Trainers,

In 2018, we had an incredible year of live events for Pokémon GO, with our return to Chicago for Pokémon GO Fest as well as 4 Safari Zones, 12 Community Days, and tons of fun events for Trainers in between. This year, you can look forward to even more events in more locations!

We kicked off 2019 with South America’s first-ever Safari Zone event in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and we’ll have another Safari Zone in Sentosa, Singapore, in just a few weeks. Next, we’re excited to reveal that Pokémon GO Fest is coming to three cities around the world!

• June 13–16: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago
  • July 4–7: Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund
  • 2019 Summer: Pokémon GO Fest Asia (To be announced)

Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks for details on how to secure tickets to this summer’s biggest Pokémon GO events. A number of Safari Zone events are coming up in the second half of 2019, so keep your eyes peeled for more!

If you can’t make it in person to any of our summer events, don’t worry! There will be plenty of ways to participate in Pokémon GO Fest no matter where you are around the world. Stay tuned for more information on this soon!

Finally, for those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:

• May 19
  • June 8
  • July 21
  • August 3

We can’t wait to see you at one of the many Pokémon GO events of 2019 and beyond!

—The Pokémon GO team

Caught a Combee (solo raid) and a Nincada (field research) today! ^_^ Also, tried to solo a Alolan Richu raid, but failed. I used to be able to solo 3 star raids, but I guess with the change they made to raids, this isn’t possible any more...?

084D41CF-63AD-44B4-8D48-AFFA16217A1E.png526BFA77-346C-4AB7-B66C-2BC4E04D7793.png

Edited by alienboyva
On 4/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, alienboyva said:

Caught a Combee (solo raid) and a Nincada (field research) today! ^_^ Also, tried to solo a Alolan Richu raid, but failed. I used to be able to solo 3 star raids, but I guess with the change they made to raids, this isn’t possible any more...?

084D41CF-63AD-44B4-8D48-AFFA16217A1E.png526BFA77-346C-4AB7-B66C-2BC4E04D7793.png

That's frustrating to hear :(. No one usually shows up at raids that often where I'm at. I'll have to give it a shot when I can... it'll suck if I do find a 3 star one and can't take it down on my own either. Just not all that fair for anyone in a situation where no one is there. If it truly is the case, I'll be throwing away the 3 star raid or better research as it'll be a waste of time now.

Trainers,

The Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza is back, and it’s time to hop to it, Trainers! Pokémon like Pichu, Smoochum, and Magby will be available in 2 km Eggs, and Egg-focused Field Research will be available to complete. Every Egg hatched during the event will also include bonus Candy to help you power up your newly hatched Pokémon. Buneary is joining in the festivities, and if you’re lucky, you may encounter the Shiny form of this Rabbit Pokémon!

Date + Time

• Apr. 16, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT to Apr. 23, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

Features

• Pokémon like Pichu, Smoochum, and Magby will be in 2 km Eggs.
  • If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Buneary!
  • You may find different Pokémon hatching from Eggs than before.

Bonuses

• 2× Hatch Candy
  • 2× Incubator effectiveness
  • Lucky Eggs will last twice as long

Field Research

• Limited-time Egg-focused Field Research will be available during this event.

Time to get hatching, Trainers. Turn on Adventure Sync and get your Incubators ready for this eggs-traordinary event!

—The Pokémon GO team