Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Was able to get a gift today from a Gym. Really glad it gave me one, as it was very cold out. Did enough walking today that my 7km egg hatched into an Alolan Grimer. Turned it into a Grimer candy, and then worked on going through gifts to find another 7km egg. Put another one into the incubator.

Finally after months of bug fixes, Niantic fixed the ATTK power numbers not showing up on the smaller iPhone SE screen with the latest update, as well as fixed the moves not showing up in the previous update. 🎉🎊 \(^o^)/

I guess I should have reported this sooner. :P  I know other iPhone SE users have reported this issue, but I bet the moves not showing up finally got them to look into this. 

31461E18-AC6F-4CFD-9FB5-9E38560589EB.jpeg

Edited by alienboyva
34 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Slowly plugging away at this game... few new catches and evos here and there, but mostly feel like filling the Pokédex will never happen. Things just take way too long. :( 

I'm in the same boat, for what it's worth.

Was able to go up to a Pokestop today, had to do so twice as the first time I had to walk back to update via wifi. Then I went back up and got a gift and some items. Finally got a Ditto (so now that research task is done)! I caught a Yamna and it transformed. Also caught some other Pokemon. Been trying to get Excellent throws and I swear they're impossible now (it's for the get 2 Excellent throws in a row research task). Also was able to get Sunkern to evolve into a Sunflora (caught the last Sunkern needed, candy wise).

Edited by Doc Brown

Don't forget, today is the first (possibly weekly) Raid Lunch Hour! At 11:50am (your local time) any gyms that don't currently have a Raid will get a Raid-Egg spawn with a 10 minute countdown. At noon, those eggs will hatch giving every gym an active Raid! Oh, and they're all Dialga.

Edited by EH_STEVE

Looks like Adventure Sync will be getting a new feature....

In the latest update, a dataminer has found mention of Adventure Sync being able to send you notifications of nearby PKMN.

I can see this being pretty useful, but I can also see it being very annoying. Let's say your in a place that has quite a bit of spawn points (Ex: shopping centers/malls), nobody wants to get spammed every 5 secs as their walking around. Hopefully they have something in place to prevent this (Maybe like how GO+ works with notifying you of PKMN?). Also, it would be nice if GO+ could work with this as well, since you can have it connect it to your phone (via Bluetooth settings) without the using the app. Example: You'd get a notification of a PKMN nearby from adventure sync on your phone as well as GO+. Then you can quick look at your phone and decide if you want to use GO+ to catch the PKMN or the app. Now, if this is indeed possible, then they should also let you spin PokéStops with GO+ without needing the app open in the BG. This would make GO+ much more useful! Especially, after Adventure Sync killed the usefulness of it a bit, by not needing the device to track steps while the app is running with BG.

Seriously, If they are going to keep adding feature to Adventure Sync that make GO+ less useful, they need add features like I mentioned to make GO+ still useful. Since Adventure Sync launched, I haven't been using my GO+ mas much (mainly using it to farm PokéStops). I mean they still want people to buy the device right? If Adventure Sync is going to pretty much become a built-in GO+, then why would people want to buy it?

Equinox event start last night

https://pokemongolive.com/post/equinox2019

Features

• Grass-type Pokémon—like Oddish, Exeggcute, Sunkern, and Shroomish—will appear more frequently in the wild. Lunatone and Solrock will switch hemispheres at the start of the event in celebration of the equinox! These Pokémon will stay in their new hemispheres after the event.

Raids

• Grass-type Pokémon will be available to challenge in raids.

Field Research

• Limited-time Grass-type Pokémon Field Research will be available during this event.

Move 
New moves will be permanently added to the game.

• Acid Spray: Arbok, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Muk, Alolan Muk, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Octillery, and Swalot.
  • Leaf Tornado: Victreebel and Shiftry.

New seasons mean new adventures, Trainers! Let’s get out and GO!

—The Pokémon GO team

Also, not sure why it's not mentioned, but Solrock and Lunatone now able to be caught shiny.

Edited by EH_STEVE

I found a Solrock (which I don't need as I already have one). So now onto hoping I'm able to trade for a Lunatone.

Just saw a Chansey! At the dang cell phone store again. And a Breloom. This game is taunting me at over 10pm at night. >_>

Holy Abra... just saw that my 7km egg is up to 6.2km now!