Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Crossing my fingers for ya. Hope it goes well.

Ran into the update for Android. Went ok. Made sure to clear cache and force stop app, before trying to moving Go back to my SD Card. When I don't do that, it seems to run into problems with moving back after updates.

Edited by Doc Brown
38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Crossing my fingers for ya. Hope it goes well.

Ran into the update for Android. Went ok. Made sure to clear cache and force stop app, before trying to moving Go back to my SD Card. When I don't do that, it seems to run into problems with moving back after updates.

Thanks! I recently got to check out iOS 12 on my mom's iPhone SE and it seems to run just fine on it. Though, like I previously mentioned I'm more worried about battery life.

Coming from some comments I got on that tweet, it seems I not the only one bummed that they are dropping iOS 9 support.

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Thanks! I recently got to check out iOS 12 on my mom's iPhone SE and it seems to run just fine on it. Though, like I previously mentioned I'm more worried about battery life.

Coming from some comments I got on that tweet, it seems I not the only one bummed that they are dropping iOS 9 support.

You're welcome! Cool. Ah don't blame ya there, the game is a bit of a battery hog. Was out hunting on Community day and my battery was down to a bit less than half by the time I got to face Giratina.

Don't blame folks there, given how expensive it is to move up to new phones if their old ones can't update to the newest version or aren't able to.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You're welcome! Cool. Ah don't blame ya there, the game is a bit of a battery hog. Was out hunting on Community day and my battery was down to a bit less than half by the time I got to face Giratina.

Don't blame folks there, given how expensive it is to move up to new phones if their old ones can't update to the newest version or aren't able to.

Seriously, you shouldn't have to worry about this when updating an older device. If it supports the latest update, it should run fine with no major issues. In the past it seems like Apple was still supporting older devices even though the latest iOS runs like shit on it (Ex. iOS 7 on iPhone 4), just to get people to upgrade their device. I guess with all there recent backlash of Apple showing down older phones, they set out to make damn sure iOS 12 runs well on older devices.

1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Seriously, you shouldn't have to worry about this when updating an older device. If it supports the latest update, it should run fine with no major issues. In the past it seems like Apple was still supporting older devices even though the latest iOS runs like shit on it (Ex. iOS 7 on iPhone 4), just to get people to upgrade their device. I guess with all there recent backlash of Apple showing down older phones, they set out to make damn sure iOS 12 runs well on older devices.

Word. But some do that kind of thing, where they won't let people move up if they have to, update wise. Makes things far more frustrating. Definitely. Yea that's just really shitty of Apple to do that, since a lot of people aren't made of money.

My iPhone SE is now updated and the latest version of PKMN GO is installed! Though, I could only update it via iTunes which also need to be updated. All this just for PKMN GO. :v 

To anyone running iOS 12, I noticed that the Bluetooth icon does not appear next to the batt. % icon when on/connected. Did they remove this icon?

Now I'm pissed. Just went through a handful of different Pokeballs (just Great and regular...) and a damn Vulpix ran from me after breaking free every time. This is with a handful of berries as well. Not too happy right now. This is with some Nice throws and Great ones as well with regular ones.

Is it just me or did they make Pokemon harder to catch again?

Edited by Doc Brown
32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Now I'm pissed. Just went through a handful of different Pokeballs (just Great and regular...) and a damn Vulpix ran from me after breaking free every time. This is with a handful of berries as well. Not too happy right now. This is with some Nice throws and Great ones as well with regular ones.

Is it just me or did they make Pokemon harder to catch again?

Back when the Spiritomb special research came out with that catch 108 PKMN task, It seemed to me that PKMN were slightly harder to catch. So, it's possible they made PKMN a bit harder to catch because of this. 

54 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Back when the Spiritomb special research came out with that catch 108 PKMN task, It seemed to me that PKMN were slightly harder to catch. So, it's possible they made PKMN a bit harder to catch because of this. 

Damn that's insane. Bet they're doing it in part to get people to spend money on Pokeballs. lshifty;

Didn't see it mentioned here.

Anyways with the new update the CP changes have gone into effect, nerfing the bajeezus out of Blissey, Snorlax, and Slaking, and boosting basically everything else.

The new "Sinnoh Stone" is now available. Currently being reported as only obtainable through Research Breakthrough (7 Research Stamps). It is used to evolve an previous Gen Pokemon into their newly introduced Sinnoh forms (Electrivire, Togekiss, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, etc).

From The Silph Road:

Gen 4 Evolutions:

• Many Gen 4 evolutions are now obtainable in-game via evolving with a Sinnoh stone!
  • The Sinnoh Stone itself appears to be obtainable via the 7th Day Research Breakthrough - a nice way to make it obtainable for even those in rural areas (but not too common - unless another method arrives to obtain them, it will take months to evolve them all!)
  • So far, Sinnoh Stones have not been encountered in other ways - but we reached out to Niantic to see if they may become more common in the future. Liz from Niantic shared:

We have heard reports that Trainers are receiving the Sinnoh Stone from Research Breakthroughs, we are excited to see what else Trainers will discover as they continue to explore Sinnoh. There will be more ways to get the Sinnoh Stone in the future. Stay tuned to our official channels for updates.

• Evolution candy costs have been reduced for many species that have a Gen 4 evolution.

• E.g. Rhyhorn, Togepi, Duskull, Porygon: 50 -> 25
  • Species now evolvable:

• Rhydon
    • Magmar
    • Electabuzz
    • Misdreavus
    • Gligar
    • Porygon 2
    • Murkrow
    • Sneasel
    • Roselia
    • Togetic