Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Yeah, I really hope that if we start the special research we'll be able to finish it even after the event ends. It's goning to be tough to catch 216 PKMN in less than two weeks. Plus I'm already low on ball from gen IV and comm. day. I can only imagine how rural players must feel. 

Seriously Niantic, not everyone one lives in a big city with a ton of spawns and/or can play PKMN GO all day.

EDIT:

Got the first 2 tasks completed in part 1! Now time for the long haul... 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva
43 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, I really hope that if we start the special research we'll be able to finish it even after the event ends. It's goning to be tougher to catch 216 PKMN in less than two weeks. Plus I'm already low on ball from gen IV and comm. day. I can only imagine how rural players must feel. 

Seriously Niantic, not everyone one lives in a big city with a ton of spawns and/or can play PKMN GO all day. 

Word. Spawns are ok, but a lot of them aren't things people are just going to waste Pokeballs on. (Hell, I tend to hog mine so I have ENOUGH for community day, Pokemon I want to catch and rares from research events.)

Exactly. Add in those with limited data and they're up a creek.

I'm planning on hitting the local park and one other good spawn point and maybe Walmart's parking lot to see if I can find some Gastlys, Haunters and Duskulls. That's where I'm focused at this point. It's a pair of small goals, but better than nothing.

@Gold  Found the info! 

Edited by Doc Brown
58 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

@Gold We can go Besties today if you can send a gift. Also, do you have a time you want it to happen so you can use a Lucky Egg?

That involves me getting a gift from a Pokestop, which is damn near impossible lately.

When I get one I can let you know and we can figure out a time?

3 minutes ago, Gold said:

That involves me getting a gift from a Pokestop, which is damn near impossible lately.

When I get one I can let you know and we can figure out a time?

I can send you one and you can open it to trigger Besties. I'm trying to arrange a few other people to go at the same time. What's a good time for you?

Just now, EH_STEVE said:

I can send you one and you can open it to trigger Besties. I'm trying to arrange a few other people to go at the same time. What's a good time for you?

Today I'm free after 530pm Mountain time.

Well I am bummed... I caught no Beldum during community day. :( 

I did however get the Sinnoh Pokédex bronze medal! :) 

00DB2FD7-DE3E-4362-8DA4-886D21B5FF2F.jpeg

That Melmetal thing is neat, but did it have to be 400 candies? Honestly, three (maybe more in Sinnoh) is quite enough for me to worry about.

Edited by DranSeasona
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

For anyone still working on the 108 berries... You don't have to catch a PKMN to get credit for feeding it a berry. Just feed a PKMN a berry and then run (I assume PKMN in gyms also count...?). So, save your balls for the "catch 108 PKMN" task.

True but still need stardust as well.

So, I was looking at all the tasks in part 2 and one of them is "Spin 8 PokéStops you haven't visited before". This is going to be a pain in the ass for me, because I've pretty much already visited like every PokéStop where I live. I'm not going to drive 30 mins - 1 hr+ just to hunt down PokéStops. :( 

21 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

So, I was looking at all the tasks in part 2 and one of them is "Spin 8 PokéStops you haven't visited before". This is going to be a pain in the ass for me, because I've pretty much already visited like every PokéStop where I live. I'm not going to drive 30 mins - 1 hr+ just to hunt down PokéStops. :( 

Same here. I've pretty much almost done the same, apart from 1 or 2 stops. 

I saw a really dumb thread over on Reddit (which I went and hid from my feed) saying that the game is meant to be a challenge and people can carpool and what not to reach stops. Talk about being a bit naive to what others are going through. Glad that this thing is optional.

Edited by Doc Brown