Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Ah. At least you have a shiny buddy! Don't give up with gathering candies. I'm working with Magikarp and have gotten him up to around 250 candies so far (a lot from the water event -- so if they have another rock one, try walking more so with your Pokemon, it'll gain more candies faster -- same goes with buddies in general; with the water one, there was a lot of Magikarp... only spotted one Larvitar during the rock one oddly enough).

Yeah I'm working on getting karp candies since they are everywhere right now and I have one with perfect IV/EV :) My husband found a shiny karp this weekend, but it's weak. I only recently got Pokemon Go to work again on my phone so I'm happy about that.

3 minutes ago, Shulk said:

Yeah I'm working on getting karp candies since they are everywhere right now and I have one with perfect IV/EV :) My husband found a shiny karp this weekend, but it's weak. I only recently got Pokemon Go to work again on my phone so I'm happy about that.

Nice! Still haven't found one. Same with Wailmer. Been seeing a lot of them. Same with Shellder, but not now... dang it. When I need it, they're not around :P. It's for a catch 2 and evolve them into Cloyster to be able to run into Lapras event. (Still have to get that from a Poke Stop event wise... but it's frustrating, since I just evolved one not too long ago. :( ) Awesome! What was making it so it wouldn't work?

Here's more info on the Shellder event:  https://en.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/8rk8dg/evolve_2_shellders_to_get_a_lapras/

Edited by Doc Brown
2 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

it costs stardust to trade.................and a hefty amount........failure.

Nah, I get why they're doing it. They're trying to avoid people from using Alt Accounts as "Banks" or dumping high level, or rare, Pokemon into lower level accounts, or using "tradebacks" to circumvent the Special Research tasks of completion certain amounts of the Pokedex.

The high amount of Stardust needed decreases based on friendship strength, and is probably a method of deterring people of straight up selling Pokemon as it would cost them a shit ton of Stardust to do so. They'd have establish a decent friendship first to bring the amount down to a reasonable level.

Not good for anyone in a rural area and not a lot of friends and for anyone on limited data. So another failure. Always getting the short end of the stick. And the whole having to be in the same spot as the other trader... that's gonna suck for anyone who doesn't see their friends often.

Edited by Doc Brown
18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not good for anyone in a rural area and not a lot of friends and for anyone on limited data. So another failure. Always getting the short end of the stick. And the whole having to be in the same spot as the other trader... that's gonna suck for anyone who doesn't see their friends often.

Technically it just says "close"

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The range is 100 meters.

I think this is fine for rural players. Even for friends who don't see each other often. The announcement says that a key method for building friendship levels is by sending gift bundles to each other, after getting them from Pokestops. Not just battling together.

It's miraculous enough that Niantic seems to have found a way to implement trading without breaking the game. And a bit odd how they've done it still without introducing proper battling. Ever since the gym redesign there has been no proper way to battle in this game, and the only point of organizing a decent team has been to save a few seconds in raiding.

19 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

The range is 100 meters.

I think this is fine for rural players. Even for friends who don't see each other often. The announcement says that a key method for building friendship levels is by sending gift bundles to each other, after getting them from Pokestops. Not just battling together.

It's miraculous enough that Niantic seems to have found a way to implement trading without breaking the game. And a bit odd how they've done it still without introducing proper battling. Ever since the gym redesign there has been no proper way to battle in this game, and the only point of organizing a decent team has been to save a few seconds in raiding.

Ah. That's decent. Not good on my end though. Welp. Oh well. :( 

Yea it is. A bit surprising.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 💧Water Fest. 6/7 - 6/21 + 🎁Friends/Trading

Wow, sucks you have to use stardust to trade. :(  

So, they brought back Friend Codes (again)... -__-'  I didn't mind them coming back on the Switch, becuase they also let you add friends from social media and your Nintendo Account/NNID. I was really hoping they'd let you add friends in PKMN GO via social media, because it makes things so much easier. 

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

So, they brought back Friend Codes (again)... -__-'  I didn't mind them coming back on the Switch, becuase they also let you add friends from social media and your Nintendo Account/NNID. I was really hoping they'd let you add friends in PKMN GO via social media, because it makes things so much easier. 

Not everyone links their Pokemon Trainer account to social media (younger kids for example). And since you can play via Google Account instead of PTC they really needed to make some sort of method tied specifically to the game.

3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Yea that's rather annoying. But honestly I don't mind too much since it keeps out random strangers phone wise.

Was able to go up to a nearby Poke Stop and got some items and tried catching a Starmie. It fled :( ... but I did catch a couple of Magikarps and I got a Shellder. The latter thanks to my phone's GPS acting up... my guy decided to stay up at the Stop longer than I did lol. I don't mind when that happens. Since it helps me to be able to get some more items (I don't go out a ton given limited cellular data) and Pokemon.

Edited by Doc Brown

It's really nice. And rather trolly of them, since not everyone has seen any Alolan mon :P. Lucked out today, got a pair of 2km eggs, a Marshtomp (doesn't have very good CP, but it's still pretty cool), some Magikarp and some more items.

Edited by Doc Brown
35 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

New loading screen with the friend/trading update...

*In spoiler due to size*

Reveal hidden contents

QD7lIXw.jpg

This thing is friggn' awesome and would make a sweet wallpaper. Still waiting for the update to hit iOS.

I don't see an option for trading so was it actually this update?