Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Hopefully this won't effect anyone here. Still, it always sucks when apps drop support for an older OS version you're still running. Some people don't want to update because newer OS versions don't run well on their device or can't update, because newer OS versions don't support their device. Not eveyone can just buy a new device when an app they always use stops being supported and they can't update their OS for whatever reason. What sucks with Android is, if you don't have a common device, you might have to worry about apps just dropping support for your device in general.

I know the feeling of being forced to update to a newer OS version when you really don't want to. Last fall they dropped support for iOS 9, which I was still running on my iPhone SE and was forced to upgrade to iOS 12. I never upgraded past iOS 9, because I was afraid it would make my phone slower and battery worse. Luckily, I didn't notice any issues after upgrading my iPhone SE to iOS 12 (maybe very slightly lees batt. life). Though, now I have an iPhone 8, which I upgraded to a month ago, so I don't have to worry.

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Hopefully this won't effect anyone here. Still, it always sucks when apps drop support for an older OS version you're still running. Some people don't want to update because newer OS versions don't run well on their device or can't update, because newer OS versions don't support their device. Not eveyone can just buy a new device when an app they always use stops being supported and they can't update their OS for whatever reason. What sucks with Android is, if you don't have a common device, you might have to worry about apps just dropping support for your device in general.

I know the feeling of being forced to update to a newer OS version when you really don't want to. Last fall they dropped support for iOS 9, which I was still running on my iPhone SE and was forced to upgrade to iOS 12. I never upgraded past iOS 9, because I was afraid it would make my phone slower and battery worse. Luckily, I didn't notice any issues after upgrading my iPhone SE to iOS 12 (maybe very slightly lees batt. life). Though, now I have an iPhone 8, which I upgraded to a month ago, so I don't have to worry.

Yea it does :(. Exactly.

Heads up to anyone with an Android phone... just ran into a big data issue while in a gym/raid... ended up using near 70mbs today... around 50mbs of that was from the Android OS and 13mbs from Pokemon Go (which is normal from it). This is just untenable. I just checked and it seems to be related to the GPS... and that never used so much data in one go before.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - July 21st

New load and warning screens:

65460649_319914925624840_6927986873574883328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmsuoDFOzh-ap28rrFVrVZ4q1LquOJHYtZcIdYcSqTeZAq_oqnFhfFIg02CpfMQxIM&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.fna&oh=66b1ba51d72f24f9528423bf76b37953&oe=5DC6C1CA65769902_352206772139948_8839985264395812864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQnmU8CUdjuEL6C9rkPpTI0mXlUWITNnA14Z0WH2LZPCZbEbjU0MtP7QcDVIdiH2GAg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.fna&oh=3f2c2c9ccb13a14cb09b8f54dd3b861f&oe=5D7EF4BD

Also, 3rd Birthday events!

Trainers,

They say third time’s the charm. Pokémon journeys begin with a choice between three Pokémon. Your journey in Pokémon GO involved joining one of three teams. Today, we celebrate the third anniversary of Pokémon GO’s release! Throughout this incredible journey, we’ve made countless memories along the way.

To commemorate this incredible milestone, you can look forward to these exciting features!

New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT

• Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
  • Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.

From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

• A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.

From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT

• Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
  • Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
  • Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.

Remember, Trainers: play more with your friends this summer to get the most out of raids and trading!

We couldn’t have reached this epic milestone without you all. Thank you, Trainers, for your continued passion for Pokémon GO and for joining us on this amazing adventure. In the words of our favorite professor, “Let’s GO!”

—The Pokémon GO Team

https://pokemongolive.com/post/birthday2019

Edited by EH_STEVE
On 6/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, alienboyva said:

Dang! One of the tasks in the first set of tasks for this new Special Research is “Make a new friend”. I’m pretty sure I already added everyone here. :(

You can delete someone and re-add them and it counts, and it does nothing to harm the friendship level.

I'm hoping the new movie explains a bit more as to why this new armor is needed for Mewtwo.  I often disagree with most when they consider certain Pokemon to be "over-designed" but this is one instance where I totally see it.  Like, I don't get the design of this armor in some aspects like the spiky foils protruding from the sides and the weird looking arch array strapped to Mewtwo's back.

That being said, I still can't wait to try and catch it!