Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 📍PKMN GO PLUS + device unveiled 🌎Comm. Day - June 8th

Just wondering.... Did Nintendo discontinued the GO Plus device? 

I remember seeing it a few times at Target and GameStop, but looking online on sites like Amazon, GameStop, Target, even PokeCenter.com, they all say it's out of stock. Was this discontinued for the Poké Ball Plus? If so, that's kind of odd, since it's not really a PKMN GO device, yet a controller for Switch. Plus, if it has been discontinued, I definitely don't see it ever coming back since they recently announced the GO Plus + that will work PKMN Sleep and PKMN GO.

I love the GO Plus! It's great for farming PokéStops and I like how its small size makes it easy to carry around every day, by clipping it to a bag or clothing, using the included wrist strap, or discretely holding it in your hand. As cool as it is to have a Poké Ball you can use to catch PKMN in the real world, I feel the PB+ is a bit too big to carry around when playing PKMN GO. Plus, it's $50 and since it's mainly a controller, I would be afraid something would happen to it while playing PKMN GO. Now, the GO Plus + looks to be a bit bigger than the Poké Walker, but still doesn't see as convent to carry around on a daily basis as the GO Plus.

Size Comparisons: 

Spoiler

VnUfnCb.png?1

ArsQuLR.png?1

vy2k6rf.png?1

LBDIZfa.png?1

TNJ3Wp7.png

f8jq6Uz.png?1

Anyway, I really hope the GO Plus hasn't been discontinued. If anything happened to mine (as in stopped working), I'd be screwed. I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought an extra one (just in case) when I saw it at my local Target for $15 about a year ago.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🏔️Adventure Week - 6/4-11 🌎Comm. Day - June 8th

Saw this on a PokéStop today...

E88F602D-1A1A-4447-947E-D4C7B2BA0861.jpeg

Anyone know what it means? I thought it might be a glitch or something, but it was still there after rebooting the app. 

BTW, this was a sponsored PokéStop. 

Edited by alienboyva

Nice! I got no shinies :(. Only 3 Slakoth. The spawns were horrible today.

Went up to a Stop and they had a lure up... the wrong kind, as it was luring in steel, ground, fire and grass types. Only found one Slakoth there.  Got a 10km egg, a 2km one, and some items. Walked back and found another Slakoth. Still have one to go for the stamp.

It's a miracle! One finally spawned. After I caught a 666cp Rhyhorn that I named Comm Daye (after Community Day) lol.  :P 

Edited by Doc Brown
On 6/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, alienboyva said:

Saw this on a PokéStop today...

E88F602D-1A1A-4447-947E-D4C7B2BA0861.jpeg

Anyone know what it means? I thought it might be a glitch or something, but it was still there after rebooting the app. 

BTW, this was a sponsored PokéStop. 

My girlfriend and I noticed a similar thing while we were out for community day.  I thought it was a glitch or something like one of those floating petals/confetti graphics from a standard lure module got stuck or something.  I wonder why it was even there.

Anyway, my girlfriend lucked out hard.  Got a 900+ CP Slakoth and when she appraised it the Candela basically praised it to the high heavens.  After full evolving it to Slaking it's final CP was over 4000.  The strongest one I managed to get was around 3970 max.  She also kept finding shiny Slakoth, walked away with five whereas I only found two.  We both also managed to catch Cresselia from a raid with our very last premiere ball.  Needless to say, the anxiety was high especially when we both went in with around 11 to use.

Very productive day!

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What research did you do to get it?

Apparently, that Craindos wasn’t from a breakthrough (I got another Lugia)...Oops! I hit both at same time so... 😅 I’m pretty sure it was from an Adventure Week research task. It was either hatch 2 eggs or spin 25 PokéStops. 

7 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Apparently, that Craindos wasn’t from a breakthrough (I got another Lugia)...Oops! I hit both at same time so... 😅 I’m pretty sure it was from an Adventure Week research task. It was either hatch 2 eggs or spin 25 PokéStops. 

Ah thanks. I'll double check on that.

It's the latter... 

And Shieldon is spin 2 Pokéstops you haven't spun before.

Edited by Doc Brown
On 6/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, Kezay said:

WTF!?

I already had two very high IV and CP Slaking, so I wasn't doing much catching, I was mostly just checking for shiny then running and letting my Plus handle it. My city has a park with a lot of Stops in it, and it's not very big, and everyone lures every stop. I basically got one or two per lap.

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I already had two very high IV and CP Slaking, so I wasn't doing much catching, I was mostly just checking for shiny then running and letting my Plus handle it. My city has a park with a lot of Stops in it, and it's not very big, and everyone lures every stop. I basically got one or two per lap.

Nice! I was at a stop that someone used an electric lure at. /facepalm  I usually go to a park in town where there's a handful of stops and gyms... but I wasn't able to go that day :(.