Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Anyone else running into Error 11 today along with some GPS drift and map loading issues?

This example via Reddit is what I ran into:   

Ran into some minor GPS drift today and the game started to act up. As in Pokemon de spawning for no reason and Error 11 popping up. When I tried to go back on via another Pokestop, the map wouldn't load and I ran into Error 11 yet again. Very annoying and inconvenient. 

It thankfully cleared up... but I'm wondering if it's related to the weather in some way.

Downdetector is saying that Pokemon Go has been running into issues since 2:22pm EST.

https://downdetector.com/status/pokemon-go

Before the screw up I got one last Gastly catch. Was able to turn it into candy. When I was able to get back on, I turned one other Gastly I had into candy as well, bringing the total of candies up to 100. So onto evolving a Haunter on the 3rd.

WTF?! An 88 cp Murkrow ran away from me. :o  The little twerp.

Edited by Doc Brown

I completed the "Visit 8 PokéStops you haven't visited before" task today. Apparently it was  easier than I thought. There was an area where I live where I thought I had visted all most all of the PokéStops there before, but apparently I did that before they started keeping track of which PokéStops you visited. 

Also, almost half way to 108 PKMN. 

image.jpeg

Edited by alienboyva

I noticed this when trying to connect my GO+ after installing the recent update *See pic below*

I had my location settings for the game set to "while using the app", but now it's requiring me to always have it on. I assume this is do to the recently announced Adventure Sync feature. Man, I hope this doesn't drain my battery faster. 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva
22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Wow that's not good. I don't need it doing that. I'll be double checking on my end. If that's so... I'll make sure to keep wifi and data off when I'm not using the game so it can't waste anything.

You don't need to worry. This only appeared when connecting my GO+ and tapping "TURN IT ON!". 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

You don't need to worry. This only appeared when connecting my GO+ and tapping "TURN IT ON!". 

image.png

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

For the shits and giggles, found a handful of threads dealing with GPS issues in Go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7wzr1v/megathread_game_freezing_hard_reboot_and_gps/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/51bq4y/pokémon_go_disrupts_device_gps/  (this one is from 2016 -- but it mentions that people seem to be running into more issues with GO causing the GPS issues and not the person's phone)

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7y6f6h/gps_location_is_terrible/

Edited by Doc Brown
9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Damn. I hope the update works on your end ok!

Thanks. I haven't heard of any issues with iOS 12 on iPhone SE. Though, I've heard it runs faster than previous versions. The main reason I never updated is, because I didn't like how they removed swipe to unlock in iOS 10

I guess I should just be glad Niantic isn't dropping support for iPhone SE. 

2 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Thanks. I haven't heard of any issues with iOS 12 on iPhone SE. Though, I've heard it runs faster than previous versions. The main reason I never updated is, because I didn't like how they removed swipe to unlock in iOS 10

I guess I should just be glad Niantic isn't dropping support for iPhone SE. 

You're welcome. Well that's good.

Yea, hoping it's the same with LG phones that run Android version 5.1. I'd be sore out of luck if they did, since it would be quite awhile before I'd get another phone.