Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - April 20th ❗Big updates coming: 4/17-5/7

Working on trying to do a bit of walking today to work on my egg hatching. Can't hunt for anything though, as I'm out of Great Balls and Pokeballs. :P So when I can, I'll have to hit up some Pokestops and Gyms for some more.

Lmao, I was just walking and I saw a Pidgeyursa -- half Teddiursa/half Pidgey. :P I wanted to get a pic of it, but my guy moved too fast.

Also saw Raikou. Got a pic of him :).

Edited by Doc Brown

Got some items today including Pokeballs and Great Balls. Ended up using most of them trying to get a Golbat. Got it and a Venomoth, a Bellsprout and an Oddish. My 10km egg is half way to hatching now and I'm working on hatching a 5km egg. Also I got some pics of a Pidgeot and I battled against a Magmar. Didn't win though :( .

Edited by Doc Brown

So...got invited to an EX raid at a Pokestop in the mall on Friday. Surprised to see a decent crowd of about maybe 25-30 people before the raid opened at 6pm given the area (then again, it is a mall on a Friday), some with three-four phones. Valor and Mystic attacking the gym, while the one Instinct member was recovering everyone defending it.  When it was time to raid, all of us divided up into our respective teams to maximize the amount of pokeballs we can get. Fought Mewtwo, caught 'em.

Oh yeah, I think we also caught the eye of the security guards wondering what's with the commotion. Thankfully looks like one of us explained what was going on while watching us from the second floor balcony. I left before the "6:30" and "6:45" folks came in and done their part in the raid, so I didn't get to see what happened. But by the looks of what I saw, a lot of folks caught Mewtwo or at least when compared to my experiences with the Legendaries.

Ran into a bit of a freezing issue while playing Go via Wifi today. Reported it to Niantic. Went out and was able to raid battle a Weezing. Lost but it was still fun. Got to get some items, a couple of eggs as well.

-------------------

Just hatched a 2km egg and got a Pichu. Got some items and I caught a Pikachu and a Nidoran Male.

Edited by Doc Brown

New Pokemon Go Equinox Event ( @Doc Brown this one should really benefit you)

Trainers,

With cool autumn nights quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and sunny spring days arriving in the Southern Hemisphere, we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with an in-game event. New seasons mean new adventures!

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on September 22 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 2, 2017, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching Eggs as you walk around your neighborhood discovering new sights. While you’re out exploring, be sure to visit your local PokéStops and Gyms to collect special 2 km Eggs that have the opportunity to hatch Pokémon such as Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and more. You’ll also be able to get special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times quicker!

Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokédex during this limited-time celebration will earn you triple the normal XP. So that makes this a very good time to battle against the Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Don’t forget that Raikou, Entei, or Suicune will each travel to a new part of the world on September 30, so make sure to battle the Legendary Pokémon currently in your area while you can!

—The Pokémon GO team

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

On 9/20/2017 at 9:03 AM, EH_STEVE said:

New Pokemon Go Equinox Event ( @Doc Brown this one should really benefit you)

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

Sweet. Could use some of those items.

Had a great day today. Got an Abra, a Magikarp, a Nidoran Female, an Eevee (which I used as an Eevee candy), a Marill, a Gastly and a Wooper. Also got plenty of items. Took on a Gym and got them down to just two guys who had some CP left. One of the Pokemon I took on was an Umbreon that had over 60 wins to its name. Luckily my team worked well together. Including a Venomoth, a Pinsir, a Flareon, a Mantine, a Sneasel, a Furret and one other Pokemon.

Just hatched a Magby from one of my 5km eggs.

--------------------

Ran into and caught a Dunsparce.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | *Equinox Event! (special 2k eggs) 9/22 - 10/2*

Hatched a 2km egg and got a good Krabby, some Eevee's, a Gastly, a Wooper, a Fearow, a Kabuto (which was a really nice surprise!), a Teddiursa, a Venonat, a Spinarak, a pair of Oddish's, a Meowth, a Caterpie, hatched a 5km egg and got a Mantine, and got some items from a Pokestop.

And holy shit... I just saw a Spinarak turn into a Zubat and then got an Error 25... went and caught it and it turned out to be a Ditto! I caught it in my own house! Too funny! XD

Edited by Doc Brown