Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Nice to see the next CD is too far off - hopefully the weather is actually nice and cool enough for it

Unfortunately I skipped the last one due to how hot it was - thought it would be smarter for me to do so anyway at least....

Though I wonder if we’ll begin with the Johto starters and get Chikorita in September... a Shiny one would be lovely to have

Got the update on iOS!

I'll add a whitelist to the OP if you guys want, so you can share your Trainer Codes. If you want to be added to the list,  just post a pic of your PKMN GO Trainer name + Trainer Code or post the following...

N4A Name | PKMN GO Trainer Name | Trainer Code

EDIT: Hmmm..It seems the friends/trading feature hasn't actually gone live yet.

Edited by alienboyva

Good news! Trading and friends are in the game! 

Bad news! Right now, unless you're Level 40, you're not allowed to have friends or trade. 

I hope that's a temporary thing and it rolls out to those of us who have been playing the game for nearly two years but haven't hit max level yet. 

39 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

Bad news! Right now, unless you're Level 40, you're not allowed to have friends or trade. 

I hope that's a temporary thing and it rolls out to those of us who have been playing the game for nearly two years but haven't hit max level yet. 

I hope so, I am months away from lvl 40.

1 hour ago, blcdude1 said:

Wow that sucks. Guess it'll be a long time before I make it there. I'm not even level 24 yet.

And there goes any chance for me to trade with any friends, as they are way lower than that level.

Man this limit sucks.

I hope it's temporary as well.

Seriously, they should have mentioned with the initial announcement.

Well, I just hit 30 this past weekend, so that's not going to be any time soon. Though to be fair, I remember them doing the before (rolling out a feature by lvl), with raids.

The way they worded this makes me think otherwise, though we did just see it drop from lvl 40 to 38. So...

image.png

Edited by alienboyva

Now the friends/trading is for 35+! The seems to be going rather quickly. :) 

Edit: Now at lvl 33+ 

At this rate everyone should have the feature by the end of the day. 

*REMINDER: If you want to be added to the whitelist in the OP when the feature is available for your lvl, please post the following...

N4A Name | Trainer Name | Trainer Code

Edited by alienboyva

Just a heads up, gifts you send friends also include location tags from the PokéStop it came from. So, if you're not ok with someone knowing your location, don't send gifts. BTW, this is the only way to get 7 km eggs, which include Alolan PKMN. Also, worth noting, you will only get an egg from a gift if you have space for it. So, open gifts when you have space for egg(s). 

Edited by alienboyva