Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

20 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Nope, I'm able to get in just fine. Try rebooting your phone if you haven't already. This usually works for me when the game doesn't want to load/log-in (I'm on iOS btw). 

Ah I'll try that tomorrow to see if that helps any. Their damn servers are so flaky.

It didn't work. It's still throwing me that error! So now onto reporting it. This is getting VERY old.

I'm wondering if their servers are just running into big issues with more traffic, meaning with the news of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Also saw a user over on downdetector's Pokemon Go page who kept on trying to log in who got banned for doing so. theydonothing; --> Niantic

Got it to work again! Ended up clearing the program data and then re putting in my birth date and log in info and it let me log on.

Edited by Doc Brown

Man the servers were crap today. Was only able to get on twice... the rest of the time it wouldn't load past half way. Going to test things via my new sd card tonight... hoping it works out and I hope that this server issue doesn't happen on Community day. That would suck.

Test went over fine. It loaded normally. Seems to run a little better too.

Edited by Doc Brown
13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Man the servers were crap today. Was only able to get on twice... the rest of the time it wouldn't load past half way. Going to test things via my new sd card tonight... hoping it works out and I hope that this server issue doesn't happen on Community day. That would suck.

Test went over fine. It loaded normally. Seems to run a little better too.

Looks like this might be related to your problem...

One commenter on that story said they were in the US and had the same issues you were having.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:06 PM, alienboyva said:

Looks like this might be related to your problem...

One commenter on that story said they were in the US and had the same issues you were having.

Good find. Wonder if it's server related.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 💧Water Fest. 6/7 - 6/21 + 🌎Comm Day - 6/16
4 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Huh... new additions of shiny Shellder and Kroger? That’s pretty cool

getting shinies of both would be nice...

Might be a good excuse to jump into more group raids too - I’m on 5/10 on the current mythical research anyway 

Would need more premium raid passes, though...

Yea they're both nice shinies.

Group raids... I have no luck on those, at least lately :(.

Used one of my incenses, found a pair of Shellder, a Magikarp, a Tauros (named it Buck after Buck and Wanda from Bones), a Horsea (which I didn't catch), a Krabby. Before that I found a Totodile (named it Blesseddarains) :P.

The 5km egg I've been working on finally hatched today. Got a Treecko from it :). Also ran into a Squirtle and a Tauros. Hoping to go up to a Pokestop to get one of those 2km eggs from this event as well and stock up on some more items.

Edited by Doc Brown
9 hours ago, chickadee said:

im out....of pokeballs.........................................................

but on the bright side of things, the last thing i caught was a wooper 

guess my journey is over

Do you have any Poke Stops in your area, along with Gyms? If so, you can gather more Pokeballs from them. I do that myself, haven't bought any with real money so far.

Finally got a Mudkip today, found a little better Octillery, got a Totodile and a Magikarp. Turned the latter two into candies. And got some items and another 2km egg. Also got to try out a lure. 

Ran into a log in issue tonight. Got a bit ticked off and pressed log in as a different user. Thankfully that worked! I was able to log in again ok.

Edited by Doc Brown