Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

8 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

OK, someone in my facebook group told me.

It is for your "first Pokestop of the day".  But, it didn't start until a bit into the afternoon, so if you got your first Pokestop before that, you don't get an incubator.

Pretty dumb.

Oh I see.

I'll have to try for one tomorrow. Forgot to take my phone with me today.

Woot. Just took my dog outside and I ran into a Spoink and caught it.  :) 

Edited by Doc Brown
6 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Hit gold for ice types finally.  Now I can go back to stocking balls.  Debating if I should wait for a double exp event to evolve hoenn pokemon.

I don't bother anymore for new Pokemon, but I'm also halfway through getting to level 39.

Gen 3 is going pretty well though, though I've been finding Treekos being the toughest to keep in a Pokeball. Also doesn't help with winter and hatching eggs. Believe it or not I still need gen 2 babies, Togepi, Igglybuff, Pichu, maybe Magby to I forget. Idk how I didn't hatch those by now, but I guess I've just been unlucky. Wish you could find them in the wild. 

Also want to finish Gen 1, at least with what I can. Need Chansey, Aerodactyl and Mewtwo. 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:44 AM, EH_STEVE said:

Zangoose and Seviper have rotated. So Seviper is now available in North America.

Cool. Hope to find one! :) 

Damn... caught a Sudowoodo that gave me a very hard time. Too bad it's crap. :P  Wasted Pokeballs and what not on it. Keeping it for the shits and giggles though.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ⚠️ Support being dropped for iOS devices unable to upgrade to iOS 11⚠️

Trainers,

In an upcoming update to Pokémon GO, we will end support for Apple devices not capable of upgrading to iOS 11, such as iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c models. This change is a result of improvements to Pokémon GO that push the application beyond the capabilities of the operating systems on such devices. This change will take effect on 02/28/2018. After that date, Trainers using affected devices may no longer be able to access their Pokémon GO accounts from that device, or use their PokéCoins or other items in their Bags. They will need to switch to a supported device to continue playing Pokémon GO. You can see the full list of impacted devices and learn more by visiting our Help Center.

—The Pokémon GO team

Link: https://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/iphone5discontinuedsupport

I have and iPhone SE and i'm still running iOS 9 on it, because I HATE how the removed slide to unlock in iOS 10. So does this mean I have to upgrade to iOS 11 to continue playing? :( I really hope this isn't because of they want to force that stupid AR+ on everyone, which can only run on iOS 11.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ⚠️Support being dropped for iOS devices unable to upgrade to iOS 11⚠️

Ugh. I won't doubt that they'll start doing that on Android devices soon. A lot of people with either kind of device will be screwed over. It's not like people can go and buy a new phone. That costs money.

You bring up a good point about AR +... it could be.

You might have to.

Heck my phone isn't even capable of plain old AR. But I'm wondering how long they'll even support it.

Edited by Doc Brown