Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Got a shiny Minum. I think it was the first encounter which was pretty cool. 

Surprisingly, did an excellent curve to complete the Mew challenge and catch Mew. 

Now I am trying to complete what I can with the Johto Dex. Last one I need to evolve is Porygon to Porygon 2. Hopefully with the Zapdos event coming up I'll get a decent amount of rare candies.

And a few thoughts:

Porygons joining the raids?  That’s pretty sweet- could really use the candy for its Johto evolution

thankfully I’ve gotten a few Upgrades on hand - and will need candies for it’s Gen 4 evolution too, so...

Also nice to also see Alolan Raichu and Marowak finally making their debut in some form 

nice to see Kirlia, too - definitely could use more Ralts candies, still don’t have enough to evolve the Ralts that I have (last I checked)

Hopefully I’ll actually be able to get into one of the Regice raids this time...

I suppose on the bright side, they might have a Shiny chance next time they bring Regice around 

Although I’d be satisfied with either- doesn’t have to be shiny...

20 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Noticed I’m at 491/500

Gonna have to do some cleaning out...

If I had the coins, I’d get more expansions...

Can so relate. I'm at 299/300. Getting close to be able to get an expansion (at 111 coins, only need 89 more to reach 200). It's a bit of a pain since a lot of times, I'm lucky if I can stay in a gym for more than a couple of hours. Luckily last time I lasted long enough to get 50 coins.

Yahoo!! Just leveled up to level 25! :) Been catching random Pokemon today to help move up and opened up some gifts. Tried to get some stuff from a Poke Stop but went a bit too fast. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Edited by Doc Brown

Although I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I’ve had a hard time justifying going out hunting for the Kanto trio when I’ve gotten multiples from Research tasks already, even if they’re possibly shiny and have a special move

Personally would’ve had preferred the Johto trio, considering I don’t have those three yet

Probably just me that thinks that, though....

.... Also is it easier to spin Stops with the Go Plus thing? I always try to manually spin them while I’m in the passenger seat...

Only works a small amount of the time, though....

I’d get one, but the Pokéball Plus is coming out in a few months, and I think that works the exact same way unless I’m misremembering....

Porygon is joining the raids? Good because I am walking mine now.

Did 7 Zapdos raids yesterday. Caught I think 3 or 4 of them? No shiny though. 

I'll try to get Registeel sometime this week. Rather get it sooner than later.

Also leveled up to 32 yesterday. Overall I am making pretty good progress. Got the Kanto dex done outside of Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime. I happened to catch a wild Aerodactyl last week surprisingly. All I am missing from Johto is Porygon 2, Smoochum, Smeragle, Unown and Suicune I believe. After that I'll focus more on Gen 3.

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Got my first Registeel

Did 14 Zapdos Raids. Caught 10. No shinies. Got a 93% and a weather boosted 91% though.

Should be hitting my first few Ultra Friends today, not that I need the EXP, but still!

Is ultra the third level?  Should be hitting that on a few people soon if not today.

Finding the Ditto took less time than it will take to gather all the Magikarp candy needed to evolve only my SECOND Gyarados in the two years since I started playing this game.

Guess I'm spending most of my days playing at the waterfront in hopes there's a buttload of Magikarps there. Though knowing my luck the waterfront will have every other Water-type down there in droves and only a few Magikarp show up here and there.

1 minute ago, Surge135 said:

Finding the Ditto took less time than it will take to gather all the Magikarp candy needed to evolve only my SECOND Gyarados in the two years since I started playing this game.

Guess I'm spending most of my days playing at the waterfront in hopes there's a buttload of Magikarps there. Though knowing my luck the waterfront will have every other Water-type down there in droves and only a few Magikarp show up here and there.

Double catch candy is still going on!