Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

6 minutes ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Is it possible to play this game if I don't have cell phone service on my phone (e.g. 4G)?

You can play it on wi-fi, you'll just be restricted to only catching Pokémon when you have a wi-fi connection, which might suck for some things, especially egg hatching.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:16 AM, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Is it possible to play this game if I don't have cell phone service on my phone (e.g. 4G)?

If you have a good sized yard, you can hatch eggs ok. But it can be a lot harder to go to Poke Stops and gyms if there aren't very many wifi spots around. Do you have any way to get inexpensive cell phone service? 

Edited by Doc Brown

Ever since I got my new phone after my old phone busted and my replacement was incapable of playing Pokemon Go reliably, I've actually been able to play lately, and in the last 30ish hours I have done the following:

-hatched 5 eggs: Torchic, Mudkip, and new dex entries Smoochum and Tyrogue x2

-took down a full Valor gym at my work after my shift

-caught Aerodactyl x3, Alolan Exeggutor x2, Alolan Diglett x3, and Alolan Geodude x5

-caught about 10 Plusle and Minun each, including three shiny Minun and one shiny Plusle

4 hours ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Do you have any suggestions? I'm actually looking for plans now.

If you have a WalMart near by try checking out Straight Talk. A friend of mine goes through them and they seem to be half way decent. 

https://www.walmart.com/tp/straight-talk

She generally goes with the $35 cards or sometimes the $45 ones and it's enough data to last monthly.

Saw my first Trapinch today. Couldn't catch it though as my Pokebox is full :( . Also saw a shadow of an Aerodactyl. Caught an Alolan Geodude and got some gifts and some items. Also caught my first shiny in months! A shiny Plusle.

Edited by Doc Brown
22 minutes ago, Gold said:

Did Alolan Geodudes stop spawning?

Yes and no. Plusle, Minun, A-Exeggutor, A-Diglett, and A-Geodude had increased spawns for Saturday and Sunday. So they spawn rate is dropped to normal (or some new level), but Geodude and Diglett, like Rattatta, will now spawn in both forms.

From what I’ve heard the past couple days it seems this years Chicago GoFest went a lot smoother and was more ironed out compared to last years...

That’s pretty good news, anyway...

May consider actually going next year....

Maybe.

I don’t know - GoFest 2019 is quite ways away, so hard to fully tell right now