Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

3 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I thought that was legendaries?

It's not. I tried with a friend of mine and it was waiting for her to show up. rolleyes; Which... is impractical to say the least.

DOES THAT INCLUDE ONLINE FRIENDS?
Nope. Players must be in close proximity to each other in order to initiate a trade.

WOOF. OK. SO HOW DO I INITIATE A TRADE ONCE I’M NEAR ONE OF MY FRIENDS?
The game will alert you when you’re close enough to a friend to be able to trade with them. Once it does, access your Friends List and select the trade option. That will begin the trading process, which includes choosing the Pokémon you’d like to send over to your friend and vetting the one they’d like to send you in return.

Source:  https://www.polygon.com/guides/2018/7/2/17500714/pokemon-go-trade-guide

Did the shiny rate increase with this Community Day? I went for a "quick" walk that ended up being over an hour, and caught 9 shinies, versus 4 for Charmander and 2 for Larvitar in their 3 hours.

These Pokemon Go events are making me overexercise like crazy. This game is one reason why I never do any lower body workouts, yet I still look like Twintelle up in here.

There is an interesting thing I learned in my group that we never knew while we were out there pokemon going. Apparently the shiny Squirtle with shades were tied to the pokestops you got the research missions from, while wild ones are still RNG. Not sure if that was new or was done before.

Got a 100%IV Squirtle and Wailmer as well.

...and when updating my google timeline...there is an option in the list of activities next to walking, hiking, driving..."catching pokemon".

13 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

There is an interesting thing I learned in my group that we never knew while we were out there pokemon going. Apparently the shiny Squirtle with shades were tied to the pokestops you got the research missions from, while wild ones are still RNG. Not sure if that was new or was done before.

Got a 100%IV Squirtle and Wailmer as well.

...and when updating my google timeline...there is an option in the list of activities next to walking, hiking, driving..."catching pokemon".

All the shades were research, but not all were shiny.  My first squirtle shiny was one of the shades.

1 hour ago, Art_de_Cat said:

All the shades were research, but not all were shiny.  My first squirtle shiny was one of the shades.

Ah. To clarify what I meant. Yeah, all the research ones wear shades and that's the only way to find them. But what I'm saying about the shiny shaded ones is that they are, or looked like to tied to specific Pokestops and are not RNG-based.

Edited by avalonknight

So I made out with three shiny Squirtles, completing the evolution chain for that Pokemon in shines. Also was able to get a set for the shades. What didn't occur to me was the possibility of shade shines. It wasn't until my friend texted me that he caught three shiny Squirtle with shades and showed off the evolution chained. It kind of made me tight. I did have less than an hour to go back out and try for those, but honestly I was satisfied already with what I got. Plus I hatched two Igglybuff which I had none of until today.

Community Day summary:

Countless Sunglasses Squirtles - I actually got rid of all below 91%

6 regular Shiny Squirtles - 72% was my best (now a Blastoise), then 60% (Wartortle), then garbage

5 Shiny Sunglasses Squirtles - 91% best (Blastoise), 89% (Wartortle), then 87/84/80

A 100% Sunglasses Squirtle (now a Blastoise)

Evolved two 98% Wartortles I previously had to Blastoise for Hydro Cannon

I now have one each (regular, regular shiny, sunglasses, sunglasses shiny) for each member of the family (and I still have 803 candy left)

And hatched a Summertime Pichu

Combined with Articuno day I went up about 1.2 million EXP this weekend, so I'm now at: 26,298,378

Edited by EH_STEVE
5 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

I’m still on 7/10 raids on research 6/8

I really need to get around to finishing that up...

At least the next segments don’t look too difficult...

The Ditto, the Magikarp evolve, the Raids, and the Ghosts are really only hard ones.

28 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

The excellent curve is keeping me away from Mew.

Yea I hate curve balls now. They used to be easier to do. Now all they do is waste Poke balls. Took forever on a research quest that required plenty of (I think) Nice throws in a row. And if I screwed up I had to do them all over again. -_-

Nice! Been seeing my share of 5 star raids. (Literally seeing them, as I have no chance against them...) Outside of that, hoping to walk my 7km egg a bit.

Ran into and caught a Vulpix today and a Jumpluff. Also got some items from Poke Stops.

Edited by Doc Brown