Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

13 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

He’s gone for now. 

Landed 5 shiny Roselia over the weekend. 

Ah. Never even saw one when he was there! What areas did he seem to spawn in? I'm curious.

Damn. I've been seeing a lot of regular ones and not one shiny. :(  I'm getting tired of regular ones :P.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah. Never even saw one when he was there! What areas did he seem to spawn in? I'm curious.

Damn. I've been seeing a lot of regular ones and not one shiny. :(  I'm getting tired of regular ones :P.

He was all over for like a week. 

25 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

How do you get the ex passes?  Had fought and won a raid (legendary) at a sponsored spot but havent seen it yet? Kinda curious as that was main reason we fought that raid.

Find an EX-Raid Gym.

Complete a Raid at said gym.

Get your Trainer entered in secret RNG ballot.

Names get pulled, invites go out.

More Raids = more entries = better chance.

There's actually a gym in the city that my wife and I Raid at like once a month, maybe twice, but we've gotten invites every time we've Raided there, just out of luck. For my EX-Raid tomorrow, we both did like 4-5 Raids and I got invited, she did not.

My Ursaring came back from the gym with 50 coins, so now I only need 89 more to reach 200 and be able to get that Pokebox extension. My Tyranitar came back from a gym as well. He got some good experience. Did 20 laps with my 10km egg, planning on doing 20 more later on in the day, once it cools off a bit.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Find an EX-Raid Gym.

Complete a Raid at said gym.

Get your Trainer entered in secret RNG ballot.

Names get pulled, invites go out.

More Raids = more entries = better chance.

There's actually a gym in the city that my wife and I Raid at like once a month, maybe twice, but we've gotten invites every time we've Raided there, just out of luck. For my EX-Raid tomorrow, we both did like 4-5 Raids and I got invited, she did not.

Ok so does name go in when you win the raid?  Because we have 3 in town from what a local group was saying that are eligible for that. And does it matter the kind of raid at said gym?

1 minute ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Ok so does name go in when you win the raid?  Because we have 3 in town from what a local group was saying that are eligible for that. And does it matter the kind of raid at said gym?

Yes. You don't need to catch the Pokemon, just win the Raid. Any level of Raid counts. Apparently your badge level (bronze, silver, gold) affects your odds, but I doubt that. Also, once invites go out, no more Raids take place at that gym until the EX Raid is over.

EX Raids typically happen every other week, with each gyms alternating which ones give out passes, so:

Week 1: Gym A sends out invites, no more Raids at Gym A. Gym B still doing Raids.

Week 2: Gym A's EX Raid takes place. Raids resume after. Gym B still doing Raids.

Week 3: Gym A doing Raids. Gym B sends out invites, no more Raids at Gym B.

Week 4: Gym A still doing Raids. Gym B's EX Raid takes place. Raids resume after.

4 minutes ago, Gold said:

Question about community days. Does the Pokemon you evolve for the special move need to be caught that day too, or could I evolve the Wartortle I already have?

No, they can be old Pokemon. The only caveat is it evolves INTO the final form DURING the Community Day hours.

Because there's such a rush going on during CD, I like to have one ready to go before CD even starts (in this case a 98% Wartortle). And I hoard all the Pinaps I can so I can try and get 3 with the special move (my best existing, my best new catch, my best shiny).

Personally, I think using a TM during the hours on the final-form Pokemon should also let you get it, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Edited by EH_STEVE
21 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

It sucks their having special field research for special pokemon during community Im working on, be lucky to get a shiny, much less complete research during my lunch. 

Yea I'll be lucky to find a good one, let alone get that research. I generally just hit up one stop that day.

Up to around 7.4 odd km with my 10km egg. Got another 20 laps to do later on tonight. Hoping to try to bring it up to around 8km. Hoping to try to get to one of the Articuno raids on the 7th and then try to get the 5 raid passes. Looking forward to the 8th. Hoping my 10km egg is hatched by then so I can get to work on a 2km one.

Edited by Doc Brown