Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

44 minutes ago, Gold said:

Where do we get special evo items?

I thought it was pokestop streaks but I've had 7 days three weeks in a row and gotten nothing.

Hmm...I thought 7 day PokéStop streaks guaranteed you evo items. 🤔 I recently had a 7 day streak and I got an Up-Grade. Most of the evo items I've gotten weren't from 7 day streaks (I must have GO Plus'd them, because I'm like "Oh! When did I get that?"). You can gent evo items when it's not your 7 day streak, but it's very rare.

Edited by alienboyva
3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah...Though, it seems like Ditto spawns have been uped a bit for the Mew quest. Only took me 2 days to find one, as before it had be forever since I'd see one. 

If you notice one of the common 'Ditto PKMN' being unusually a pain in the ass to catch, it's most likely a Ditto. 

I have probably gathered 200 Gastly candies and 100 Pidgey and Ratata candies trying to find it. It's been a joke honestly. 

4 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah...Though, it seems like Ditto spawns have been uped a bit for the Mew quest. Only took me 2 days to find one, as before it had be forever since I'd see one. 

If you notice one of the common 'Ditto PKMN' being unusually a pain in the ass to catch, it's most likely a Ditto. 

Where? They haven't been upped at all where I'm at. Haven't seen one in months.

Thanks. Another thing I noticed with it is the transform. That's how I spotted one the first time around.

I completed stage 5. Now I just need to find 10 raids to complete stage 6. :) 

So, with raids you can just exit out to the lobby after you enter and wait for the timer to run out, and it will still count? 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva
7 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I completed stage 5. Now I just need to find 10 raids to complete stage 6. :) 

So, with raids you can just exit out to the lobby after you enter and wait for the timer to run out, and it will still count? 

Word is they patched that. Unless you were already ON that stage of Research, the 10 Raids is 10 Raids. No waiting for the timer to run out anymore, that will only credit you the one.

Edited by EH_STEVE

Yesterday, I checked my Gmail, the email I have associated with Pokemon Go. I really don't use it for much so,  I'm not constantly checking it. 

Anyway, yesterday was April 18. On April 17, the Pokemon Go team had sent a survey about the Mareep Community Day. I clicked the link to participate in the survey and found, less than 24 hours after they had sent me the damn thing, they were no longer accepting responses. I question the point of sending a survey if you cut off responses so soon, so I'm wondering: 

Did anyone else get the survey? Were you able to respond? 

1 hour ago, blcdude1 said:

Yesterday, I checked my Gmail, the email I have associated with Pokemon Go. I really don't use it for much so,  I'm not constantly checking it. 

Anyway, yesterday was April 18. On April 17, the Pokemon Go team had sent a survey about the Mareep Community Day. I clicked the link to participate in the survey and found, less than 24 hours after they had sent me the damn thing, they were no longer accepting responses. I question the point of sending a survey if you cut off responses so soon, so I'm wondering: 

Did anyone else get the survey? Were you able to respond? 

I saw the survey very shortly after it was sent, but I was also unable to respond because the survey refused to load. When I tried checking again later, it was closed.

Just hit level 23,got my first set of field research done, completed 3/4 of special research done

1362 CP isn’t too bad for Moltres, either...

As a nice bonus I have the rewards I can claim to use for the next 3 days, so I have that somewhat covered

Also got a nice haul today, even if most of them weren’t exactly new....

Also I could evolve a nice handful of Pokémon- pretty much what I have possible:

Spoiler

CP 278 Pikachu (60 candy)

CP 510 Psyduck (54 candy)

CP 568 Machop (38 candy)

CP 688 Geodude (37 candy)

CP 805 Slowpoke (75 candy)

CP 609 Magnemite (74 candy)

CP 635 Krabby (69 candy)

CP 787 Teddiursa (61 candy)

CP 371 Seedot (29 candy)

CP 227 Ralts (43 candy)

CP 572 Bagon (55 candy)

On one hand, it would knock more progress for evolving 20 Pokémon in special research and add fill in more holes in the Pokédex

I decided to go ahead and evolve my higher CP Nidoran into Nidorino, which got a nice increase to 808

On the other, I have no idea if there’s a chance I’ll find higher CPs than what I have or not

So far, I haven’t, so....

Also it looks like I’m pretty close to having enough candy to evolve some of the other Pokémon I have, which will be nice

Spoiler

5FF58376-06A9-42C1-AF34-4FBE21D3A2BA.png

B62BAFEC-6A13-48A6-BE06-C782E84325F0.png

AD0949A2-1930-4D5D-AC2A-2437A2650758.png

5B29595E-364F-49D1-A718-B96DB64383B2.png

F30ED16D-D106-4DF1-B4F2-2B12541DAA7B.png

3A236D67-D77B-4D48-ABC0-5FFE622A7ABE.png

8EE67526-2277-4874-A999-14B2D9B44E70.png

8771D94F-C3B0-4B10-B8AA-D9227E04D5C6.png

Edited by Shadow118

Ohey another Bagon hatched today

Wouldve preferred something new, but it’s something....

So for now, that’s my last 10 km Egg... now I can work on these smaller 2 km eggs to clear up - I have 8 to hatch... so at least it’ll occupy me for awhile

Though it’s only two CP higher than my other one, lol

Also I don’t know if it’s from Weather boost, but I’ve seemed like I’ve been encountering quite a few Roselias in the last few days - I have 7 or 8 on hand currently.... for some reason

Huh

Also had obtained just enough coins yesterday from 2/3 Gyms to get an increase of Pokémon storage- so that’s nice

Also on a separate note, is it possible to still evolve Eevee into its Gen 1 evos If you already have them, or is it a one time thing? Or am I thinking of a method of evolving them that I’m mixing it up with?

9981C13B-D7F4-4FC0-BD85-1F76E34128F1.png

Edited by Shadow118
12 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Also on a separate note, is it possible to still evolve Eevee into its Gen 1 evos If you already have them, or is it a one time thing? Or am I thinking of a method of evolving them that I’m mixing it up with?

Eevee is random, supposedly.  There is a method of using a code name but you can only use the name once.

I say supposedly cause I only seem to get jolteons and vaporeans.......really want espeon and umbreon with better stats.

Ohey - a 1361 Ursaring 

Thats pretty cool to come across 

Took quite a few Ultra Balls though - this one was extremely stubborn....

24 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Eevee is random, supposedly.  There is a method of using a code name but you can only use the name once.

I say supposedly cause I only seem to get jolteons and vaporeans.......really want espeon and umbreon with better stats.

Earlier on in 2016 I had gotten a CP 112 Jolteon (7/30/2016), CP 36 Flareon (7/23/2016) and a decent CP 1107 Vaporeon (9/2/2016) (for XP, mostly I think)

As far as I remember I don’t think I used that name trick, plus none of them are named, so I doubt I did that - wonder if that also applies to Gen 2? Could be useful for Umbreon and Espeon later on....

On that note, 

Kinda would like higher CPd for those three - I seem to have plenty of Eevees on hand (seriously- I have 16 of them on hand for who knows what reason), though only 44 Eevee candy on hand....

So I’d probably need more candy though...

74B11BC6-5A23-4EF7-B8F3-9C92D655CA16.png

The first 3 Eeveelutions are random. Espeon and Umbreon CAN still controlled. 

Set the Eevee you want to evolve to your buddy. Walk 10km (might be 20...) with it. WHILE IT’S STILL YOUR BUDDY evolve it. Doing so during the day yields Espeon, during the night Umbreon. 

Because this is an option, Umbreon and Espeon CANNOT but obtained from a random evolution. 

Edited by EH_STEVE