Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Had a pretty nice day today. Took down a raid. For a Squirtle :). So now I have that. Also found a Charmander (a weak one, but meh... it's a cutie :P). Also caught some other Pokemon, including a Tauros, a Goldeen and some others, along with a very stubborn ass Pikachu who had a sex change (not kidding, it went from being a female one to a male one lol). Had to use a Golden Razzberry on it since it wouldn't go into any Pokeballs. Was thinking of naming it Ash's Pikachu. theydonothing;

Damn. Just checked my Squirtle, it supposedly has perfect iv's. Charmander... isn't good, but it's ok.

I'm up to 70 Magikarp candies now due to giving a wild one some berries and catching it. It's the best one I've caught yet. 106 cp. Just checked its stats: Attack/Defense: 29/30; Stamina IV: 7/15 (not too bad)

Well shit... community day is shot on my end. April weather, I hate it. There goes my shot of getting Mareep. anhero;  It's been quite awhile since I've found any Pokemon inside of my own house. Dammit. I wish I could. Since there's no way in hell I'll be risking my phone on that day.

Edited by Doc Brown

They're calling for rain in my area on Community Day as well...And it's supposed to start in the afternoon too (if only it was on Sat. and not Sun.). 😢 Not sure how successful this month's Community Day will be for me, but I'll try to get what I can. 

2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

They're calling for rain in my area on Community Day as well...And it's supposed to start in the afternoon too (if only it was on Sat. and not Sun.). 😢 Not sure how successful this month's Community Day will be for me, but I'll try to get what I can. 

Dang. April weather is a pita, isn't it? At least it's just rain where you're at. It's gonna be cold and what not on my end, so no go outside for me. Unless it's all over and done by 2 pm and the temps are up (meaning in the 40's). If only it were on a Tuesday. Weather's gonna suck for a bit lol.

Edited by Doc Brown

On the bright side, it won’t be cold and be snowing at least, so that’s a good thing to me at least

Also I don’t recall if it was just pure luck or if it was pulled in via incense, but I now have a CP 814 Omanyte

Also got another regular research task done - Only two more left to go....

Though the two provided might be slightly tricky to complete- bug types shouldn’t be a problem, but if my memory is correct, I don’t believe there’s any Dark types in Gen 1 - unless something pops up from Gen 2/3 pops up, that might take a bit of time

Granted it’s not impossible anyway 

C1C7CFAE-65DF-40EC-BF3B-6EA9421F1598.png

5C42856B-5DF8-4ED1-8CF8-083B4FDD821E.png

38 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

On the bright side, it won’t be cold and be snowing at least, so that’s a good thing to me at least

Also I don’t recall if it was just pure luck or if it was pulled in via incense, but I now have a CP 814 Omanyte

Also got another regular research task done - Only two more left to go....

Though the two provided might be slightly tricky to complete- bug types shouldn’t be a problem, but if my memory is correct, I don’t believe there’s any Dark types in Gen 1 - unless something pops up from Gen 2/3 pops up, that might take a bit of time

Granted it’s not impossible anyway 

C1C7CFAE-65DF-40EC-BF3B-6EA9421F1598.png

5C42856B-5DF8-4ED1-8CF8-083B4FDD821E.png

If you dont like an objective, you can delete it and hope for a better one.

2 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Those are part of the Mew quest. You gotta do em. 

Well shit. I'm screwed then. Seriously. I won't ever be able to do it! I don't run into enough stupid Magikarps where I'm at, I only have so much mobile data (I generally use it to stock up on Pokeballs and such). So it's generally only a few trips out or so with the phone. Unless I'm in my own back or front yard, then I stick to wifi.

I don't get why they're FORCING those stupid things onto people. Not everyone lives in a big city! Or has the same kind of access.

Dittoes were hard enough to find before, but now they're even harder to come across. Haven't found one in months since I found one by chance.

6 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

You can only delete field research, not the special field research.

Ah, well Steve just told me that. Not happy at all. This is making things a lot less fun. Since those two things won't be accomplished by me most likely. Ditto will again have to be by chance, if at all. And Magikarp... damn it'll take forever! tongue; Those two things alone are a chore.

Edited by Doc Brown

Finally found a Hitmonchan thanks to this Kanto event (wish it would last a week longer). Now I just need a Hitmonlee. Also, I caught a wild Venusaur. I didn't need it, since it was only 545 CP (I have two over 2k CP & another one over 1k CP), but hey...it was wild! ;) 

image.png

Edited by alienboyva

Mareep event was pretty good for me. Finally got my first shiny. Would have liked another one, but I am not complaining.

Also hatched a Chansey that gave me enough candies to get my first Blissy. Also got enough to evolve to get Sharpedo. 

But still can't find a Ditto which is annoying. Probably have way over 100 Gastly candies. I feel like the Kanto event is screwing Ditto searchers a bit. Less Pidgeys and Ratttas out. Yeah I get they are doing this for more Magikarp, but idk.