Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Hatched this guy today (new PKMN) *pic below*

Also, I upgraded my iPhone SE to an iPhone 8. I loved the smaller size of that phone. I’m gonna miss the easy one handed use, especially for PKMN GO. Though the bigger screen on the 8 should be nice. 

Oh...and some kid today asked if I played PKMN GO. Nobody has asked me that since launch. He noticed my GO+ and wondered if I was the guy who kept attacking this gym he kept trying to put a PKMN in. Come to find out, where we both on team Mystic. :P

9C44D407-B819-4455-A43F-F4B3ACB6842E.png

Edited by alienboyva

Completely forgot about CD again..

but by random dumb luck I managed to catch a CP 756 Shiny Torchic and got a CP 2024 Blaziken

And was able to fill up Combuskens/Blazikens Dex entries, as a nice side bonus

So although it was only 1, im content with that...

especially since im getting low on Storage and don’t have enough coins for an expansion just yet...

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Completely forgot about CD again..

but by random dumb luck I managed to catch a CP 756 Shiny Torchic and got a CP 2024 Blaziken

And was able to fill up Combuskens/Blazikens Dex entries, as a nice side bonus

So although it was only 1, im content with that...

especially since im getting low on Storage and don’t have enough coins for an expansion just yet...

Nice. I found some 700 cp ones but I had to toss them :(. Would have kept at least one, but I'm low on storage as well. 

Had a pretty good community day. 

Got six shiny Torchic, an Azelf from a raid, and evolved myself two Glaceon (one regular, one shiny), two Leafeon (one regular, one shiny), and some Magnezone and Probopass, as players had dropped the special lures where I was playing. Also hatched a Mantyke, which while far less exciting, was a new dex entry for me. 

There is the old nickname trick.

I haven't tried it personally, but it's been reported that nicknaming an Eevee Linnea will get you one Leafeon evolution, while nicknaming an Eevee Rea will get you a Glaceon. And, like past nicknames, this reportedly works once. So keep that in mind, in case you want to save it for a shiny or an Eevee that appraises well. 

35 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

There is the old nickname trick.

I haven't tried it personally, but it's been reported that nicknaming an Eevee Linnea will get you one Leafeon evolution, while nicknaming an Eevee Rea will get you a Glaceon. And, like past nicknames, this reportedly works once. So keep that in mind, in case you want to save it for a shiny or an Eevee that appraises well. 

Woot. Will give it a shot. 

It works. Will have to earn a couple more candies for a Glaceon though.

Edited by Doc Brown
On 5/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Art_de_Cat said:

Im glad they do more than evolve....but being stuck to a spin disc seems a little backward.

It does and it doesn't. In the games you needed the proximity to evolve those Pokemon so they're trying to replicate that.

I bought one of each as soon as they were available, but so many people dropped them during Community Day I didn't need to use my own, and since I got 3 of each of the evolutions, I have little to no use for them...

Racked up 12 shiny on Community Day