Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | *Gen IV is here!* / 🌎Comm. Day - 11/10

Not sure of what to think about that. I hope it's optional, as I'm on limited data. Not a fan of this. I hope there's a way to OPT OUT of it. If not, then I'll have to stop playing. I can't afford to waste data on this kind of thing!

*just re read and saw it is... thank Arceus*

Edited by Doc Brown

Interesting to see that they are allowing you to track your steps while the app is running in the background without having to have a GO+.  This is one of the main reasons I love my GO+! Though, I'm not sure how I feel about it being available to everyone, since this feature is one of the selling points of the GO+. This kinda makes GO+ a bit less useful now, IMO, but I still find it useful for things like farming PokéStops. I'd like to see some new features and/or options added to GO+, like having only notify you of PKMN you haven't caught, choose witch type of balls to use, etc.

Edited by alienboyva

Saw plenty of Driloon today. Very little Gastly and Haunter. Saw one of the former. Also caught a very pain in the butt Venomoth. At first I could throw Pokeballs at it, then once I berried it... it acted up, meaning any Ball I threw at it went past it. O_O. So I got out of the battle for a bit and tried again and the error went away (after I saw a phantom berry show up on it). It finally went in. Planning on naming it Glitch and saving it for Let's Go. :P

Also found and caught a Stunky and a Chimchar. Rushed up to the Pokestop that was spawning to try to catch them. Thankfully they didn't de spawn. :) 

Was able to get a pair of gifts today and earlier I worked on battling a Gym (the one where I found and caught Gastly at)

Got a team set up... my Tyranitar, Gyarados, Haunter, Alolan Muk, Blastoise and Houndoom (a bit tentative at this point though)

Edited by Doc Brown

Got it as well, then tried to go into the game so I could get a pic of in game.

Glad you got a pic of it!

Found and caught a Gastly today, saw a Haunter and a Dusclops spawn, but my guy got stuck at a Gym and couldn't move. Rest in pizza, a pair of Pokemon I wanted to try to catch. anhero;

Good news, found another Haunter.

Bad news, it de spawned right as I touched it. anhero; (I needed that Haunter, so needless to say I was very ticked off when that happened)  And then the game thought I used an item (error 26 instead of error 25).

I figure it's partially due to a weaker connection in this one spot, but I'm tired of it. It's the same place where I found a Houndoom and a Hypno that both de spawned.

Wish something like that would spawn in a better part of my yard. :P  Apart from Tauros. 

And I caught a Drifloon, the game froze on the catch screen... so bye bye to any candy boost, XP and so on. Thankfully I still got the Pokemon. I lost a Diglett due to not waiting long enough for the server to sync.

Last but not least, I ran into map loading issues. My guy could walk, but nothing loaded on the screen.

So tired of Niantic's crap servers at this point. 

Edited by Doc Brown
9 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

were getting Shedinja next month...

well that was unexpected 

Ok... hard pass there. Might as well go for Suicune. And then try for Shedinja down the line.

Just did. And moved up to level 28.

Edited by Doc Brown