Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Not sure if it's just me, but is anyone not receiving gifts from friends after the recent update? I had 2 in-game notifications pop up tonight that 2 different friends sent me gifts and when I go to the friends list, it's like haven't sent me one. Also, when I go to news, the notification is not sowing up with my previous notifications and I'm also not getting push notifications for when friends send gifts, which I have turned on.

Edited by alienboyva
21 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Not sure if it's just me, but is anyone not receiving gifts from friends after the recent update? I had 2 in-game notifications pop up tonight that 2 different friends sent me gifts and when I go to the friends list, it's like haven't sent me one. Also, when I go to news, the notification is not sowing up with my previous notifications and I'm also not getting push notifications for when friends send gifts, which I have turned on.

Strange. I got some gifts from people lately. I'll have to try to shoot you one tomorrow if I can.

Dammit... tried tonight with no luck, went a bit too fast and ran into a speed lock. Hoping to try during the Gengar raids and during Community day.

Edited by Doc Brown
2 hours ago, Gold said:

Does Pogo or Google Fit have to be open for the steps to count?

For Adventure Sync?

From what I've been hearing no. Once you give the app the permission to use the Apple Health or Google Fit app, it should just use your device's pedometer to track steps. No need to have PKMN GO or your health/fitness app open. 

I tested out Adventure Sync today and it's so nice being able to passively get distance on eggs. Though, I found it odd that to use the feature you need to have location for PKMN GO set to always on (never saw that my phone was using location services while the app was closed, so...). If it's going to require location to always be on,  then I would love to be able use GO+ while the app is closed as well, since you can connect it via the Bluetooth settings.

Not sure if it's just me, but I had the app crash a few times today, which rarely happens (I'm on iOS).

Edited by alienboyva

Had a good day today. Got some gifts, tried my luck against Gengar. Didn't get it, but it counted towards my 10 raids. Also caught some Pokemon and was able to evolve one of my Haunters into a Gengar.

@alienboyva  Just shot you a gift. Let me know if it goes through ok.

Also it's not just you on the crashing, others via Reddit ran into the same thing:   https://en.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9tzsy5/game_is_crashing_every_15_minutes/

Edited by Doc Brown

Having to have location settings for PKMN GO set to always on, I'm noticing when I have the app open (with screen on) my batt is draining a hell of a lot faster. :( Why does location need to always be on now of GO+ and Adventure Sync?

image.jpeg

My bat was at 73% when I started a PKMN GO session and this is the % after about an 25 minutes or so with the app open and screen on. I should mention I also had low power mode on. 

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 

Ok, now that's pretty cool how the PB+ can auto-spin PokéStops. I'd love if the GO+ could do this. Maybe in an update?...Doubt it.

With Adventure Sync and now this with the PB+, as a GO+ owner,  it feels like they are making the device a bit less useful now. :( 

Edited by alienboyva