Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

9 hours ago, Gold said:

Can we no longer train at gyms? What does that mean for the ace trainer badge?

We haven't been able to train at gyms since the whole gym rework update about a year ago. As for the Ace Trainer badge, I'm not sure why it's still there, since you can't lvl it up anymore. Hopefully we'll get "real" training when get a much needed battle system rework (I really hope it's coming) and PVP, which is supposed to come whenever. 

38 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

We haven't been able to train at gyms since the whole gym rework update about a year ago. As for the Ace Trainer badge, I'm not sure why it's still there, since you can't lvl it up anymore. Hopefully we'll get "real" training when get a much needed battle system rework (I really hope it's coming) and PVP, which is supposed to come whenever. 

Tell you how often I visit gyms if I just now saw that

Seriously, Niantic needs to fix berry camping! >:( 

I had to go out for a bit tonight and I saw a gym that just turned over. Since it was late and I figured nobody was around, I went to claim it. There was one Chansey in it and I defeated it the first time no problem. Then on the second battle I noticed its HP wasn't dropping and when I did finally defeated it, its HP was fully restored. This happened again, about 3-4 times (guess they gave up) until I finally knocked it out and put my Dragonite in. Then I waited 5 minutes to see if it would get attacked...Nothing. Right as I leave it gets attacked and taken over, but now I see 3 PKMN in the gym, with the Chansey now a Blissey. >_>

I did notice another car in the parking lot where I was (saw their dash was lit inside their car). There was probably some dude and his buddies in there doing some late night gym take-overs (good time to do it, since people are asleep) all berry camping that Chansey. However, all was not lost. I did manag to put my Dragonite in another gym just down the road (tried this gym a few minutes earlier, but it sad it was under attack when it wasn't). Still...What a load of BS! Berries campers are the worst!!!

Edited by alienboyva
On 4/2/2018 at 1:14 AM, alienboyva said:

Seriously, Niantic needs to fix berry camping! >:( 

I had to go out for a bit tonight and I saw a gym that just turned over. Since it was late and I figured nobody was around, I went to claim it. There was one Chansey in it and I defeated it the first time no problem. Then on the second battle I noticed its HP wasn't dropping and when I did finally defeated it, its HP was fully restored. This happened again, about 3-4 times (guess they gave up) until I finally knocked it out and put my Dragonite in. Then I waited 5 minutes to see if it would get attacked...Nothing. Right as I leave it gets attacked and taken over, but now I see 3 PKMN in the gym, with the Chansey now a Blissey. >_>

I did notice another car in the parking lot where I was (saw their dash was lit inside their car). There was probably some dude and his buddies in there doing some late night gym take-overs (good time to do it, since people are asleep) all berry camping that Chansey. However, all was not lost. I did manag to put my Dragonite in another gym just down the road (tried this gym a few minutes earlier, but it sad it was under attack when it wasn't). Still...What a load of BS! Berries campers are the worst!!!

Berry camping is frustrating, but I don't think it needs fixing. You can only feed 10 per Pokemon per 30 minutes. If you're not in range of the gym, the berry value drops drastically (except Golden Razz), and even if you're in range after the 3rd berry, the value is negligible.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🔎Research Tasks are Here!📋 + 🌎4th Mthly. Community Day - Apr. 15th, 2-5pm ET🌎
1 hour ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Caught Latios on the first try. Haven't tried for Latias yet. 

Have had bad weather here the last couple of days so no chance to really walk for candies towards the Mew quest.

Were you solo?  Saw a latios near the park.  Just need to find another raid to get to next mew page.

14 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Caught Latios on the first try. Haven't tried for Latias yet. 

Have had bad weather here the last couple of days so no chance to really walk for candies towards the Mew quest.

Latias hits the Americas on May 5.

12 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Were you solo?  Saw a latios near the park.  Just need to find another raid to get to next mew page.

For the Raids on the Mew quest, you don't have to win.

Use a Pass, start the Raid, let the clock run out. If your team dies, don't rejoin the battle, just sit there until the timer expires. You'll get a credit for doing a Raid. And since your Pass is still good until that Raid Pokemon is gone, re-enter the Raid again and do it again.

Edit: Lowest group I've done a Latios with was 5 so far.

Edited by EH_STEVE
On 4/3/2018 at 7:21 PM, Art_de_Cat said:

I met up with a group of people to do the Latios raid. We use discord app to communicate it's really handy.

I missed a stamp today because I worked all day and totally forgot about it. I'll get it done tomorrow. I'm on 5/8 for the Mew. Just need to find a Ditto and go out of the way to find the ghosts. Not terribly hard but just need to have the time to look.