Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🔎Research Tasks are Here!📋 + 🥚Eggstravaganza 3/22 - 4/2🥚 + 🌎4th Mthly. Community Day - Apr. 15th, 2-5pm ET🌎
15 hours ago, alienboyva said:

So, I take it you only get 'Special Research' when Niantic sends it out? I need to get workn' on getting that Mew!

EDIT: Seems research tasks aren't actually live yet. I went and spun a few PokéStops and didn't get any 'Field Research'. :(

Friday!

Decided to take a look into my Pokedex and this is pretty much the progress i've made so far......

Quite a few holes, though it may be able to be filled in the future - i do notice that the dex on my end only goes up to Metagross, so i don't think all the Hoenn mons haven't been released yet from what i can tell

Also although it's not live yet, but it looks like Pokemon Go received an update on my end with the research stuff and whatever updates or tweaks they've made

https://imgur.com/a/W2ha3

https://imgur.com/a/PKDha

Pokehaul:

https://imgur.com/a/tIQqH

Finally got those two 10 k eggs hatched today

Another Aerodactyl - not the first one, but it seems like it's no the highest CP as of now - the other was a Ralts, which is new at least

Ended up getting another two 2k eggs hatched - just another Gastly and another Slowpoke, which is pretty welcome at least - i don't think i've seen any Slowpokes in the wild as far as i can remember

The Tauros was a nice surprise - rarely if ever see those around, even though i already have a couple i think

https://imgur.com/a/XjnTA

Gyms filled up nicely - going on 12 hrs and 30 minutes as of now - taken some damage, but still going strong at least

Also got two of the Special research tasks completed - wish they had gone live way earlier in the day when i had gone out for a small walk....

And apparently using an incense at my location doesn't pull much to me - only got 10 different Pokes to spawn, although i don't know if it was random or from the incense (I don't think i actually uploaded images of those - will do so later)

Well, it was worth a test to try

I did get another Treeko (CP 532) out of it, so that was nice at least

At the moment, im too tired to mess around with images - may tweak images / albums later on if i remember

4 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

https://imgur.com/a/PKDha

Pokehaul:

https://imgur.com/a/tIQqH

Finally got those two 10 k eggs hatched today

Another Aerodactyl - not the first one, but it seems like it's no the highest CP as of now - the other was a Ralts, which is new at least

Ended up getting another two 2k eggs hatched - just another Gastly and another Slowpoke, which is pretty welcome at least - i don't think i've seen any Slowpokes in the wild as far as i can remember

The Tauros was a nice surprise - rarely if ever see those around, even though i already have a couple i think

https://imgur.com/a/XjnTA

Gyms filled up nicely - going on 12 hrs and 30 minutes as of now - taken some damage, but still going strong at least

Also got two of the Special research tasks completed - wish they had gone live way earlier in the day when i had gone out for a small walk....

And apparently using an incense at my location doesn't pull much to me - only got 10 different Pokes to spawn, although i don't know if it was random or from the incense (I don't think i actually uploaded images of those - will do so later)

Well, it was worth a test to try

I did get another Treeko (CP 532) out of it, so that was nice at least

At the moment, im too tired to mess around with images - may tweak images / albums later on if i remember

Incense you have to walk/move for full effect.  You know its an incensed mon if it has a pink vapor circling around it.

Looks like Aerodactyl got knocked out of the Gym at 4 am - that's unusually early for a person (or group) to be taking on a Gym

Could be wrong,, i suppose

6 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Incense you have to walk/move for full effect.  You know its an incensed mon if it has a pink vapor circling around it.

Hm - yes, that's true

I don't recall any pink vapor, so i suppose it was just luck that they popped up - was able to get one of the special field research complete, at least

Well, it was worth a try anyway

Edited by Shadow118

Coming from one of the PKMN GO YouTubers (apparently he as already gotten Mew :o #PKMNMaster)...

O_O' REALLY NIANTIC?! That's kinda BS. I hate see what tasks you need to complete for parts 7 & 8.

Well, looks like still not having a Gyradoes played in my favor. :P I currently have 369 Magikarp candies, so it shouldn't take too long.

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Coming from one of the PKMN G0 YouTubers (apparently he as already gotten Mew :o #PKMNMaster)...

O_O' REALLY NIANTIC?! That's kinda BS. I hate see what tasks you need to complete for parts 7 & 8.

Well, looks like still not having a Gyradoes played in my favor. :P I currently have 369 Magikarp candies, so it shouldn't take too long.

Kinda BS? Uh no. It's really BS. For anyone who isn't in an area that has a lot of Magikarp in it.  I only have around 50 or so Magikarp candies. It'll take me forever.

Lucky!

I don't run into them that often.

Edited by Doc Brown
Just now, Doc Brown said:

Kinda BS? Uh no. It's really BS. I only have around 50 or so Magikarp candies. It'll take me forever.

Lucky!

I don't run into them that often.

Better get walking...

zgzcojN.png?1

Seriously though,  I'm sorry for everyone who has to go through that grind (many most likely again) just for Mew. T_T

17 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Better get walking...

zgzcojN.png?1

Seriously though,  I'm sorry for everyone who has to go through that grind (many most likely again) just for Mew. T_T

Yea I wish there was an alternate choice there that could help level things out. I'd love to get a Mew. But given that, I probably won't be able to.

Edited by Doc Brown

I have enough candies for a Magikarp to evolve, I was just waiting to catch a shiny one. Looks like I'll have to pass on that plan now. 

I just got .5 k to walk to hatch one more egg and need to walk a bit for one more candy and then i'll have 2/8 down for Special. 

Also it was cool to see the 8 bit sprites. Probably the April Fools joke.

Aside from seeing them occasionally available in raids, of all the time I've been playing i've only seen/hatched one of em

Mildly Annoying, actually

Also the sprites for the Pokefinder look pretty sweet - though part of me thinks this is some kind of April Fools thing... (It's not mentioned

Because it definitely feels like it - April 1st is tomorrow, after all

though part of me thinks this would be cool as an option if we could be able to switch between the regular models and Sprites for it

34 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Dang! You have to catch a Ditto as one of the part 5 tasks? I have quite a few, but I can't tell you the last time caught one.

Dang. I only caught one. I wonder if that one would count? Since I haven't seen any since. anhero;