Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

42 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Mareep event was pretty good for me. Finally got my first shiny. Would have liked another one, but I am not complaining.

Also hatched a Chansey that gave me enough candies to get my first Blissy. Also got enough to evolve to get Sharpedo. 

But still can't find a Ditto which is annoying. Probably have way over 100 Gastly candies. I feel like the Kanto event is screwing Ditto searchers a bit. Less Pidgeys and Ratttas out. Yeah I get they are doing this for more Magikarp, but idk.

Yea you'd figure it would be easier to find Dittos during it.  Heck I can't find them outside of it as it is.

Nice!

Ah I've seen around 2 Magikarp during it. That's it (seriously). anhero;  Outside of it, I see none. So I'm stuck walking mine and it takes forever. It's why I really don't like that one part of the research. It'll take me a long time.

I'd do a bit of work today if it weren't so cold or so slippery out. And the weather sucks right now, right on through the rest of the event. theydonothing; 

Despite the crappy weather, I managed to get a shiny Mareep and my Ampharos with Drangon Pulse. 😎👍

1 hour ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

But still can't find a Ditto which is annoying. Probably have way over 100 Gastly candies. I feel like the Kanto event is screwing Ditto searchers a bit. Less Pidgeys and Ratttas out. Yeah I get they are doing this for more Magikarp, but idk.

Yeah agreed. I can't find a Dittio either. ...And of-fucking-course, I just happened to catch a Ditto while trying to get candies to complete the evolve 20 PKMN task THE DAY BEFORE I got to part 5 of the Mew quest. anhero;

You'd think Ditto would be more common with this event, but no. Hopefully Ditto will be easier to find when this event is over and all the common PKN are back. 

Edited by alienboyva

Still hadn’t and haven’t been able to get out today - for some magical reason the weather decided to get into the low 30s, not to mention it’s been cold and windy today

So I’ve pretty much gotten nothing done for the second tiime

Edit: just checked it on Facebook calendar, looks like it ended at 4 p.m.

Though when I was cleaning out some Pokémon to make more space this one randomly spawned right on top of me earlier

CPs not exactly great, but that’s another Pokédex entry filled, so there’s that I guess

109B3032-C445-48B9-95F6-06D7E96E6D69.png

Also looks like someone set up a lure module at the water tower...

Id take advantage of it, but considering how cold and windy it is, yeah....

0441E327-1959-4B2A-BC86-48DCC74BAF2F.png

Edited by Shadow118
4 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Despite the crappy weather, I managed to get a shiny Mareep and my Ampharos with Drangon Pulse. 😎👍

Yeah agreed. I can't find a Dittio either. ...And of-fucking-course, I just happened to catch a Ditto while trying to get candies to complete the evolve 20 PKMN task THE DAY BEFORE I got to part 5 of the Mew quest. anhero;

You'd think Ditto would be more common with this event, but no. Hopefully Ditto will be easier to find when this event is over and all the common PKN are back. 

Lucky! I didn't find anything. Weather was still bad out. Oh well. 

Damn. That sucks. 

Definitely. Yea only it wasn't even common then. I wish they'd  just release a bunch of them just to get it over with! :P 

16 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

This is surprising for this area - nice handful of Pokéstops in one area

nice

Theres also a couple Gyms and a Pokéstop or two in the surrounding area

If anything new occurres I’ll just update this post

F3FA8169-C75A-43BC-9D29-E8640AC6F7BC.png

Just adding on instead - sorry if this is long, I can’t seem to put them in a spoiler on mobile 

Ill reup to Imgur and re-edit them from there later...

Spoiler

10FB1E50-1056-4E17-9368-ADC9C1EFC29B.png

E5221CCC-4550-4A44-B6A6-AACC7BA6BDA3.png

This was nice to have Pop up

06A19AF0-5F53-4DFB-82A9-2FACEC0F2A48.png

Well, I have Clefairy now

Oddly enough I now have one of each.... huh

D16E7838-1680-4DF7-B276-D7BFD691AAAD.png

Well, screw you too Grimer

Another day for you, then....

09D97A83-552C-425A-B6CF-C81C4BA5D6EA.png

Although not new, this was a nice addition

Though it was an extreme pain to catch

09D11CB3-4B33-4CED-B123-CD21E395CF53.png

And be i now have Dewgong

E6CDF691-2CCE-47D5-B47E-B52DB3E26B54.png

And somehow end end up getting Seel right after

That’s odd luck

F2D4CEEA-B91C-4B02-9462-C0F64F55C09E.png

Another milestone badge

C4ABDA1C-226A-41CD-A51C-50F55F43FF6A.png

7FC9F9BF-2399-4726-AEF1-35B25E6F440D.png

40A8E8B2-C69D-4125-9543-62C30F4A425B.png

Another Corphish hatched - higher CP than the other one I hatched too

7263EF0F-4E5F-42C0-A1B5-418750046701.png

Only 1 more stamp in this set to go!

35DFE5B9-F79E-4056-B5D0-1D0852CDB120.png

2A2E7529-EA5D-4530-89E7-0E5370171068.png

765F7F36-51BA-4138-8CB4-C3F32B11660F.png

65307508-8DFD-47D0-A8CD-35918BB9085B.png

A35C90FB-8623-44F2-90D7-3DE2BDF08D93.png

Haul from tonight - a nice amount of rare Pokémon 

I think the Lure Models that a couple of people put on the stops helped with that

Even have a higher CP Electabuzz, too!

Though I’m going to have more clearing up to do - really need to get around to obtaining more coins

That’s a slow process though....

EA973C42-D72A-461C-ABDC-F34A75E125F6.png

Also the Dewgongs CP isn’t too bad either

760725DF-E586-4994-B83D-E3D174C3CE39.png

Almost close to getting this hatched - not too much longer....

At least I’ll be done with the 10km Eggs I have on hand after this one for the time being

Though I did get a new 5km Egg...

But at least I can get around to slowly working on the 2km eggs after this

Edited by Shadow118

Hubby and I went out walking for the Mareep event. Thankfully, it didn't take me too long to find a shiny, and the double candy event means 12 candy per pinap berry catch, so I was able to evolve my shiny, Dragon Pulse Ampharos within a half hour of leaving the house. Also found a new market while wandering, so overall, a success. flower;

Not I just need to find a raid that I can join and leave over and over to complete the 10 raid part of my current step towards Mew.

Apparently I took enough steps to trigger the Egg to hatch

Feebass.... is okay, I guess? Evolving it doesn’t seem to complicated, though 110 candy is a bit expensive 

115 CP isn’t the best, so hopefully it can get a massive CP boost whenever I can get enough to evolve it.....

Also I’m pretty close to Lv 23 - I think the combination of double XP from the event and those catches from last night  in Pawnee, IL (No. Tavern on the Square) gave me a pretty big boost in XP

Also even after doing some clearing I’m down to 272/300 - choosing what to transfer is difficult....

Especially when you get those with CP 500 and up - on the bright side, I’m getting close or just have enough to evolve some of them

I don’t know whether I want to do so right away or not, though....

Really need to work on getting more coins for expansions

Spoiler

5D28C124-2127-46DC-94B0-BF5F72ABFB99.png

EA63151D-27E7-4231-8897-44C84E078BF9.png

FFAF1E79-ECED-40D8-8878-0B9A5FBE3BC4.png

Edited by Shadow118
2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

This is what my city looks like during a Community Day:

image.png.81e9c864d6a4d60a9387edcfc0cb2064.png

😱

Oh how I'd love to have a place like that to play PKMN GO. Now I see why you're lvl 40 and have gotten so many EX raid passes. 

Out of all those PokéStops, there's that one lone gym right in the middle (I assume there's more just off screen?). :P 

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

O_O' 

Oh how I'd love to have a place like that to play PKMN GO. Now I see why you're lvl 40 and have gotten so many EX raid passes. 

Out of all those PokéStops, there's that one lone gym right in the middle (I assume there's more just off screen?). :P 

Yeah there's a ton of gyms. In the downtown area we've got like 4 EX Gyms? Keep in mind this is the downtown area of my city. I live in the 'burbs where things pale in comparison to the above. But we've got a great community in the area, so whenever there's a Community Day, practically every single stop is Lured up, there's also groups of people that make and hand out Pokemon themed cookies, and using a Starbucks as a "check-in" station you can enter a free raffle for prizes. All user run.

I will say that living in the downtown area of a relatively big city has definitely impacted my enjoyment of the game. I would have given up over a year ago otherwise. I mean, this is my neighborhood:

5powBAg.png

There's another gym on the opposite side that's as close as the closest Instinct one here. Lots of Stops and Gyms throughout the whole city center and parks and stuff too.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | *Kanto Event (4/10 - 4/17)* + 🌎5th Mthly. Community Day - Mar. 19th, 2-5pm ET🌎

Apparently the details for the next Community Day were leaked on the JPN PKMN GO site, Niantic hasn't officially announced this is yet.

Dang I recently evolved a Charmander to Charizard for the 'Evolve 20 PKMN' task in part 4 of the Mew quest. If only I'd known. Oh well...I still still have 37 candies left after that.

Edited by alienboyva
27 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Looks like next community day Pokemon on the 21st of May is Charmander. I'll gladly hunt to get a shiny Charizard.

Heck yea. I'll definitely try to find a Charmander. Got one, but it would be nice to try to find a stronger one.