Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

22 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

I have over 400 for Magikarp already. Still looking for Ditto though. The Kanto event is random but I'll take it. Maybe a better chance to find Ditto within these Pokemon. Also can use Aerodactyl finally. Never had the luck to hatch one out of an egg or catch one in the wild. 

Here's to hoping. On both sides!

This Kanto event has already helped me fill in 9 gaps in my Kanto-Dex (mostly PKMN that are rare in my area, that I didn't have enough candies to evolve) Plus, I got more than enough candies to evolve a Magikarp for the Mew quest. Also, I caught a Solrock today! 😎👍

Pics: 

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Woot. Just checked my email tonight and got a promo code from Pokemon Go for three incubators and a lucky egg. They're trying to get me back into playing. Thanks guys. I'd be playing more but it's been cold lately :P. But this might help with egg hatching.

How did you get a code?

https://imgur.com/a/cWdmt

Got a small run in Pokemon Go run in today (not an actual run, to note) - though the images seem to be completely messed up for some odd reason - will have to look at that later

Got a couple new hatches (Ceffa,Carvahna), some completely brand new catches (Magnemite,Nidorina,Seviper,Dratini,Solrock,Jynx) - 3 new badges,another research and special research done

Unfortunately i missed out on a 800-ish Electabuzz (thought i had snapped a pic, but apparently not), but i didn't have enough balls or a type of berry to even catch it,so that's a loss

Also tried to catch a ??? Scyther, but unfortunately i ended up wasting most of my balls trying to catch it (thought i snapped a pic of this, but not - again)

So im almost out of balls....again. Fuck. But i'll be heading down tpo the mall for a meetup...so hopefully ill be able to get some more ball stock - thankfully there's a few Pokestops and a Gym/Pokestop there, at least

Also for a bit ive had a 787 Teddiursa, i have just enough to be able to evolve it...Wonder if i should or wait to see if i can get anything higher? No idea if that'll happen, though

That's pretty good on the Teddiursa.

Saw a Clefairy last night, as in its shadow. It showed up at night. So no going out and trying to get it. No starters apart from Bulbasaur so far. Hoping to have more luck today though, if I go out for a bit.

Holy Mario and Luigi! Just caught a Ninetales today! Also caught some Machops, some Slowpokes and some other Pokemon.

Edited by Doc Brown
bad grammar :p

https://imgur.com/a/s331a

Small update from my run at the mall earlier - the images are out of order....again...

Got a pretty sweet 571 Kabuto, 878 Charmeleon,1070 Ponyta (though it's not a new catch, but pretty welcome)

Also hatched a pretty nice 467 Nosepass, and got another 10km egg on hand

Although i missed whatever CP Electabuzz was, but i caught a 589, so i suppose thats a good redeem - also caught a 1554 Magmar, though honestly both were a pain to catch (this also applies to Kabuto, actually - that one took a couple tries since i was low on balls at the time and had to wait for the stop to refresh

Ended up using an Ultra Ball on each, but i suppose it was worth it since i didn't have either of them before

But overall a nice haul from today - got a few small holes filled in

And i now up to 17 Pokeballs,2 Great Balls and 5 Ultra Balls - it could be better, though it's somewhat better than where i was at before

Though i wonder how long that will last....

11 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Anything I need to know about page 7/8 while taking care of 10 raids?  

Also what did magikarp have to do with a machine for Mew?  Didnt they learn from Team Rockets failure of a ship?

"Studying Powerful Pokemon"

You know about the Raid scamming right?

As for 7/8 - You'll need at 50 berries, practice your Excellent Curves, and take advantage of the Kanto Event to fill up any missing spots you might have of the dex.

2 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I think I do based on a earlier comment , find a raid, die, repeat, along those lines.  Cause you can rejoin the raid if enough time remains?  More detailed explanation could be helpful.

Do a Raid, Private Group works best. Let them wipe out your team. DON'T REJOIN. Just let the timer expire. Then since your pass is still valid until time expires or you defeat the Boss, just do another lobby, and repeat the process. If you're there at the VERY start you can do this 9 times on a single raid (3 minutes of lobby wait, 3 minutes of battle time = 6 minutes total per Raid).