Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

A new Adventure Sync feature, which will notify you of new nearby PKMN while the app is closed, is now rolling out. This is currently only available in AUS and NZ... 

Link: https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/adventure-sync-v2-being-tested-in-australia-and-nz/

Now this is pretty cool! Though, when are they going to let me connect/use my GO+ without having to open the app? I don't want Adventure Sync to make my GO+ totally useless. :( 

Anyway...Hopefully this means notifications will now vibe/sound. I'm on iOS an I don't get any feedback when I get a notification from PKMN GO (with the exception of notifactions from using GO+), which is kind of annoying. Unless I'm using my phone when I receive the notification, I won't know if I've gotten one from PKMN GO until I check my notifications later on

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 💧Water Festival: 8/23 - 8/30 🌎Comm. Day - Sept. 15th

Generation 5 is a great generation, and I'm excited for when it comes to Pokemon Go. My mom and step dad are into Pokemon through this game, so I'm very interested to see how they react to many of those Pokemon. There is a lot Niantic can do with Gen. 5 through Community Days and Limited Research to have a solid year of events. 

Edited by IU
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang! One of the tasks in part 1 of the Jirachi Special Research is "Make 3 new friends". ...As I mentioned a while back, I'm pretty sure I already added everyone here. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | ⭐Jirachi is here! 💧Fest 8/23-30 🌎Comm. Day - 9/15
9 hours ago, alienboyva said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang! One of the tasks in part 1 of the Jirachi Special Research is "Make 3 new friends". ...As I mentioned a while back, I'm pretty sure I already added everyone here. :( 

You can delete and re-add people and it counts. It also does not affect friendship level or any outstanding gifts. 

@EH_STEVE I re-accepted your FR, @blcdude1 I accepted your FR, and @Art_de_Cat I deleted you and sent you a FR.

I should be good now. I'm so glad you're able to do this. I was worried I'd have to go add random people from the internet and then delete them (I don't like adding people I don't know).

Hopefully with the Jirachi Special Research  there's nothing crazy like the "Evolve a Magikarp" task with the Mew Special Research.

Edited by alienboyva
39 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

@EH_STEVE I re-accepted your FR, @blcdude1 I accepted your FR, and @Art_de_Cat I deleted you and sent you a FR.

I should be good now. I'm so glad you're able to do this. I was worried I'd have to go add random people from the internet and then delete them (I don't like adding people I don't know).

Hopefully with the Jirachi Special Research  there's nothing crazy like the "Evolve a Magikarp" task with the Mew Special Research.

Well there is evolve the feebas which requires 20k walking......

Question: Does setting a new buddy PKMN reset the total distance you've walked with your previous buddy PKMN?

Say I walked 800 km in total with Eevee and I set Pikachu as my new buddy. Would that total distance with Eevee get reset?

Edited by alienboyva
22 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Question: Does setting a new buddy PKMN reset the total distance you've walked with your previous buddy PKMN?

Say I walked 800 km in total with Eevee and I set Pikachu as my new buddy. Would that total distance with Eevee get reset?

It does not. It only resets their current progress on the candy you’re waking for.