Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

37 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I haven't found a Shiny since the Totodile event and before that a random Murkrow.  I was finding Trapinch like crazy when the Hoenn Celebration event first started but these last few days have been absolutely dry.  Plenty of Zigzagoon and Wurmple for days though!

That's been me as well. Saw some and now just seeing Zigzagoon, Taillow and Wurmple. Along with Shroomish.

Caught this Shroomish recently tongue;.

EL3UpGI.png

Tossed it as I have no space and it wasn't that good. But it gave me a good laugh :P.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just hatched the 7km egg I had. It was an Igglybuff. Also stopped by a Gym. No luck with getting any gifts though.

Today's trolling by Niantic... a Girafarig... at a stop I go up to sometimes. Problem... it's after 8pm. Really guys? /facepalm

Put a Pokemon up in said Gym today, it just came back with 21 coins. So now I'm up to 177. Only have 23 to go before I can get a Pokemon box expansion.

Edited by Doc Brown

Heard about that bs last night. To say I'm not thrilled would be an understatement.

And a lot of people on Reddit aren't fans either.

Niantic's response to a player not being thrilled about it:

What I said in response to Niantic:

To Niantic: Will do, if you provide the gas for my car. (Psst, it costs money to travel.) <-- facetious, of course, but it's one reason why I don't do a ton of playing outside of when I do other stuff outside (shopping and so on). Saving on gas.

I go out when I can, and I rarely see any players out side of community day. And on weekends. Rarely at other raids (honestly surprised when I do to be honest).

Edited by Doc Brown

Niantic just thinks everyone lives in/near a big city and/or plays with a big group of people.  >_> There a lot of people who are solo players and people who just play with a small group of friends. Making raids harder isn't going to get more people to gather for raid battles. Pretty much every time I came across a legendary raids there is nobody around. Sometimes a few people will show up if I wait, but it's never enough people to take down the raid boss. Also, I feel like it doesn't help that where I live there's quite a bit of gyms just within a 2-10 min. drive. Not having so many gyms within a concentrated area and letting people set notifications for certain gyms (for turnovers and raids) WILL get more people to gather at gyms.

Well, I've long since came to the realization that the only way I will ever get legendaries is from research breakthroughs, and I'm OK with that. 

I'm ok with it research wise as well. Minus any time I get repeats. So I'm hoping that they keep up on the repeat events so I can try again for any legendaries I don't have. *cough*Ho-oh and Lugia*cough*

Word on that. It's very rare to find people where I'm at outside of weekends and on community day.

Edited by Doc Brown