Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

Got some ok walking today. Up to 4.3km now out of 7km and got a gift from a Gym.

And the game is trolling me again. Two Lunatones and a Buneary. Two of which aren't too far, but it's dark out. And the other one... too far. Dang it.

Was able to do a bit of walking tonight. Did 20 laps and got the egg to hatch. Got an Elekid from it. :)

Edited by Doc Brown

Niantic pretty much gave the finger to anyone who hasn't been scheduling their Meltan availability for Tuesdays. :| I was making it a thing for the weekend, so I'm stuck with a 4 day counter until Saturday evening. I'm so close to my 2nd Melmetal, but now I'll hold off for a chance at a shiny. Hoping to get at least two before this ends and will send them over to Let's Go. I'm glad though that Meltan's and Melmetal's shiny forms have released within a few months of Let's Go. With how Niantic typically is, I figured it would trickle out in a year.   

5 hours ago, IU said:

Niantic pretty much gave the finger to anyone who hasn't been scheduling their Meltan availability for Tuesdays. :| I was making it a thing for the weekend, so I'm stuck with a 4 day counter until Saturday evening. I'm so close to my 2nd Melmetal, but now I'll hold off for a chance at a shiny. Hoping to get at least two before this ends and will send them over to Let's Go. I'm glad though that Meltan's and Melmetal's shiny forms have released within a few months of Let's Go. With how Niantic typically is, I figured it would trickle out in a year.   

Did 3 Mystery Boxes last night (my wife, my alt, and my account) and 2/3 got a shiny. So if you can still get one in weekly I'd say you're pretty safe.

To speak of the Houndour, a Miltank spawned nearby... too bad it's too slippery for me to go out and try to get it.

-------------------------------------------------

Fought a Palkia today. Didn't get very far, but it was pretty fun. Also got some items and a gift. Got up to 8 out of 10 raids now for a research thing and also got a gift and a new piece of research (hatch an egg) and some items from a Stop.

Edited by Doc Brown
3 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues between pokemon go and their Switch?

Since before the release of this update. Haven't been able to get it to work past the original connection. Then it runs into trading issues. The reset solution doesn't work for me either.

37 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues between pokemon go and their Switch?

I had this issue last night. When I realized I was having difficulties transferring, I disconnected the two. For the Switch, what I did was press the power button for a few seconds and then went into the options to restart the system. For Pokemon Go, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and made sure to completely turn off my phone before logging back into the app. Once that was done, I reconnected the two from the options before continuing the Let's Go adventure. Make sure both are fully updated which I'm sure you've done, and hopefully this will work for you like it did for me.