Pokémon GO Discussion Thread | 🌎Comm. Day - March 16th ⚡👻 Rotom (limited time)

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

@Kezay  Now Adventure Sync isn't registering anything on my end. It's sticking at 2.4km. Noticed that it disconnected from my Go account before, reconnected it... but still nothing. 

Mine was working fine yesterday, gotta see if it holds up today.  But your issue is exactly what had been happening to me and I even went in my settings and disconnected from it then reconnected and it still had issues.  Seems like it's having some kind of intermittent problems or something.

12 hours ago, Kezay said:

Mine was working fine yesterday, gotta see if it holds up today.  But your issue is exactly what had been happening to me and I even went in my settings and disconnected from it then reconnected and it still had issues.  Seems like it's having some kind of intermittent problems or something.

Good to hear that yours is working now. Definitely. I'm wondering if it's a network thing. Very weird. Guess I'm stuck with two eggs in limbo for now then. Just checked Virizon and it said it's up, via Downdetector. But some people have been having internet problems with it lately (via the comment section).

This person mentioned something about an outage. Still have to double check on AT&T's end (given that they're my wifi provider) to see if they're down too.

@wallerABC7 @adilorenzotv @spectrum @pix11news and there’s a verizon outage so it’s all jacked. time for sling? hulu live? youtube red? 

Either it's this or Niantic messed things up again.

Okkkay found something interesting... via AT&T's page.

SquirrelNuts • 16 hours ago
This is happening to all Internet providers. I have Spectrum and it has the exact same problems. There has been a major internet cyber attack going on for the past 2 months which no one will admit that it is happening. Thanks DHS for nothing.

They might be onto something. Not good. Noticed some issues with a site not loading a few days ago due to a cloudflare problem as well. And read about an issue with 911 in some states recently due to cyber attacks.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/centurylink-outage-knocks-out-911-call-services-fcc-investigation/

Source:   cbs news

What fitness app do you have? I''m using Google Fit and I'm wondering if they're going through cloudflare too, the one that had some issues lately.

Just tried one other thing. Saw that there was an update for Google Fit... so I just downloaded it. Hoping this helps.

Aha. That's what it was! Just needed to update it. Now it's working.

Scratch that... now it's not working again. Still sticking around 2.6km. And it's after midnight today. So not happy.

Edited by Doc Brown

Finally got it working again!

Just got it to track. Had to set up a work out in Google Fit. Kept it running and then only turned it off and cleared the cache when I was going to check Pokemon Go. When I did, the eggs had caught up. Up to 4km from 2.6km.

Found a 42cp Pokemon recently and named it Mulder :P.

Eggs hatched, repeat, eggs hatched. Got a Duskull and a Gligar from them. Just put a 5km one in to incubate. Trying to hatch it before the 12th so I'll have 3 slots open to try for some more eggs while the event is still on.

Edited by Doc Brown
16 hours ago, Kezay said:

Good to hear yours is up and working well now. Anyway, I figured the Adventure Sync just used your GPS/location feature because I don't have any fitness tracking apps at all on my phone or that I even use but Adventure Sync still works.

Ah interesting. If it does, it's no wonder why it screwed up. Error 11 pops up and I can't use the game in buildings anymore (for the most part). Surprised that it works at all to be honest, and better than with the game on.

I don't really bother to walk eggs with it on all that much anymore, given that my character freezes too much. It gets to be very old.

-----------------------

Ok now I'm annoyed. It said I walked 2.3km, but it only registered 1.6km of them. Really game? It's not like I walked too fast. Guess I'll have to keep Fit on if I want it to work, but the thing is, that it's a battery hog. So I won't have it on during Community day as I need the juice elsewhere.

Edited by Doc Brown

About the issue I've had with Go to Let's Go trading:

Holy Arceus... Niantic is saying it could be an issue with the Switch! Color me surprised. (If it doesn't work with another device.) -- an update on the trading issue from Go to Let's Go... so I guess Ninty screwed up a lot of fans systems.

I'm wondering if there's a way that they can stablize it through updates somehow.

Egg update... it jumped all the way up to 4.9km (approx.) without having a work out or Google Fit on. It's a miracle. Still keeping an eye on it.

Am thinking there was a bit of a back up and it just caught up (given that I did 20 laps recently and that was around 2km).

The egg just hatched! Got a Scyther from it :).

Edited by Doc Brown

Could have been. Nice!

I went to a stop, got three 5km eggs, caught a handful of Totodile (one is over 700 cp) and 2 gifts and some items. Found out via searching my items that I do have a Mystery Box! So maybe it was able to send that over, even though I wasn't able to send things over.

Well dang... it worked! The trade doesn't have to go fully through to get the incense for Meltan. :)  So anyone running into trade errors just go and catch junk and trade it for Meltan incense!

Edited by Doc Brown

Well...This happened during Comm. Day... :v 

Didn't get a shiny and I searched through a shit-ton too. T_T

Pretty much today's Comm. Day... ❄❄❄

Tot_CD.png

Got my Feraligatr with Hydro Cannon! ^_^

Tot_CD2.png

SRSLY Niantic! Fix this bug with a move's power # not showing up already!!!! >:( 

Edited by alienboyva

Hey y'all, trying to get back into the game a little bit as I finally got to play a while with a friend yesterday after a long time. I used to raid very frequently and play super often so I knew which pokemon/movesets were good to hang onto for gyms/raids, but now with all these new Pokemon added I honestly have no idea whatsoever which I should be keeping and which I should be getting rid of. Is there like a list of good attackers/defenders at the moment so that I can transfer all the others that won't be useful? Thanks!

26 minutes ago, fuzz said:

Hey y'all, trying to get back into the game a little bit as I finally got to play a while with a friend yesterday after a long time. I used to raid very frequently and play super often so I knew which pokemon/movesets were good to hang onto for gyms/raids, but now with all these new Pokemon added I honestly have no idea whatsoever which I should be keeping and which I should be getting rid of. Is there like a list of good attackers/defenders at the moment so that I can transfer all the others that won't be useful? Thanks!

Here's an updated raid one:   https://thesilphroad.com/raid-bosses

Updated Gym Defenders:   https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/gym-defenders-tier-list

Updated Gym Attackers:  https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/attackers-tier-list

12 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Aww man, just finished field research and got another Articuno as my reward. :( Ah well, there’s still a month and a half of the current offerings left, so maybe my luck will be better next time...

Dang. I'm only one away. Hoping I either get a shiny or a Ho-oh or Lugia. If it's not them, I'm sore out of luck, as I don't hit stops a ton. Might try but I'll probably be cutting it close.

Was able to take down a Gym today, also got some items and a gift. Also was able to stop by a Poke Stop and get some new research and some items.

Good news:  just finally saw a Lunatune

Bad news:  it's at a cell phone store and it's after 11 at night (uh no thanks Niantic)

Edited by Doc Brown